Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider Gold

The Tomb Raider Facebook Page announces the new Tomb Raider is gold, and this attempt at a gritty reboot of the action/adventure series is scheduled for a March 5th release (thanks Gamer's Hell). Here's word:

Back in 2010 when we announced Tomb Raider we promised to break new ground for the franchise Ė to create an origins story that forges Lara Croft into a hero, and takes her on a journey like no other. Iím very happy that I can stand by those words today.

Weíve put everything into this game, and Iím certain weíve created something that explores Tomb Raiderís history while pushing the limits in interactive storytelling and design. Development has spanned two studios, a pair of E3 stage demos, 50-plus magazine covers, 150 award nominations, nearly 800 fan art submissions, almost 2,000 blog posts, and over 50,000 replies from you on our forums.

And now itís time to get the game into your hands. We sincerely hope you enjoy it. We think you will, We are immensely proud of this game.

28 days to go.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 18:14 Alamar

Trevellian wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:03:
peteham wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:26:
Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:19:
Apparently it's now turned into Far Cry Raider with the first three hours being Uncharted.

Which might actually make it a pretty decent game.
Really? Sure sounds a hell of a lot better than the linear QTE-fest it appeared to be the last time I looked at it.

Is it also too much to hope for that it's heavier on the puzzles than the combat? That's one of the things that has never made me able to fully appreciate Uncharted. Just ludicrous amounts of badguys everywhere.

Legend and Underworld still had plenty of puzzles being that it was Crystal Dynamics. Terribly Difficult puzzles? Not really, but still puzzles. CD Loves them some puzzles, Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain were always filled with them... Soul Reaver was so good, I miss my Dreamcast now.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18636/

Optional nickname wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:49:
Tomb Raider was responsible for every computer enthusiast to buy ourselves a Voodoo 3DFX addon card, back in the day.

Will buy this new release, love playing them, even if they're just shelved after.

Forsaken, after playing on a friends PC, was what did it for me, though I got a... crap... rush, that's it... The one that also had 2D, so didn't need 2 cards.

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 17:50 Optional nickname

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:28:
Tomb Raper?

Womb Raider.

13. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 17:49 Optional nickname

Tomb Raider was responsible for every computer enthusiast to buy ourselves a Voodoo 3DFX addon card, back in the day.

Will buy this new release, love playing them, even if they're just shelved after.

12. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 17:28 Orphic Resonance

Tomb Raper?  

11. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 17:10 theyarecomingforyou

I'm looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the previous games and when I saw it discounted to £17.55 / $28 on GMG I figured it was worth taking a gamble on.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

10. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 17:03 Trevellian

Apparently it's now turned into Far Cry Raider with the first three hours being Uncharted.

Really? Sure sounds a hell of a lot better than the linear QTE-fest it appeared to be the last time I looked at it.

Is it also too much to hope for that it's heavier on the puzzles than the combat? That's one of the things that has never made me able to fully appreciate Uncharted. Just ludicrous amounts of badguys everywhere.

Legend and Underworld still had plenty of puzzles being that it was Crystal Dynamics. Terribly Difficult puzzles? Not really, but still puzzles. CD Loves them some puzzles, Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain were always filled with them... Soul Reaver was so good, I miss my Dreamcast now.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

9. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 16:28 Xero

I agree with the dude who stated having more puzzles would be better than combat. That was the best part of Underworld which I hold as the holy grail for Tomb Raider games. It was my favorite due to the locations, details, and puzzle quality. Was highly enjoyable. Looking forward to this one.  

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

8. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 16:02 cronik

my body is ready  

7. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 15:55 PHJF

I still have Tomb Raider Gold for PC. It came in a crazy pyramid-shaped box.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 15:53 PropheT

necrosis wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:41:
Gold what? Its digital only.

Not on consoles, it isn't.

5. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 15:43 Beamer

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:29:
I thought the combat mechanics in Uncharted was pretty awesome actually. I've enjoyed that more then the puzzles

The puzzles were never particularly difficult, but combat sometimes was. I liked the game best when it split them. If it stuck me fighting too long I'd get quite annoyed. Have a room, try to clear it but enemies keep coming, keep coming, keep coming. Sometimes you'd mow like 40 of them down before clearing the room. Excessive.

However, I did love the series. Great lead character.
It's still the only games I've played on the PS3. I should break out Hard Rain or something soon, I suppose.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 15:41 necrosis

Gold what? Its digital only.  

3. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 15:29 SpectralMeat

I thought the combat mechanics in Uncharted was pretty awesome actually. I've enjoyed that more then the puzzles

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 15:26 peteham

1. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 15:19 Creston

Creston

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo