Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider Gold

The Tomb Raider Facebook Page announces the new Tomb Raider is gold, and this attempt at a gritty reboot of the action/adventure series is scheduled for a March 5th release (thanks Gamer's Hell). Here's word:

Back in 2010 when we announced Tomb Raider we promised to break new ground for the franchise Ė to create an origins story that forges Lara Croft into a hero, and takes her on a journey like no other. Iím very happy that I can stand by those words today.

Weíve put everything into this game, and Iím certain weíve created something that explores Tomb Raiderís history while pushing the limits in interactive storytelling and design. Development has spanned two studios, a pair of E3 stage demos, 50-plus magazine covers, 150 award nominations, nearly 800 fan art submissions, almost 2,000 blog posts, and over 50,000 replies from you on our forums.

And now itís time to get the game into your hands. We sincerely hope you enjoy it. We think you will, We are immensely proud of this game.

28 days to go.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2013, 22:05 Rigs

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:33:
Can we get you to do summaries of every comment thread over 20 comments from now on?

Creston

We're gonna run out of emoticons pretty quick...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 11:33 Creston

Rigs wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 22:55:
Argue
Optional nickname wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:49:
Tomb Raider was responsible for every computer enthusiast to buy ourselves a Voodoo 3DFX addon card, back in the day. Bat
Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 18:19:
No it wasn't, Quake was. Fight
crypto wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 18:33:
Yep. Tome Raider sold consoles. Rifle
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 19:31:
It was Half-Life (and to a lesser degree Quake 2) that got me to buy a 3DFX card and it was definitely worth it. Flamethrower
Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 20:46:
Thank you for clearing that up. F*cking revisionist history. Smash
Flatline wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 20:21:
better not say "fucking" you naughty boy! woo! crisis averted, nice job Whip

Drunk2

Lol_dies

=-Rigs-=

Can we get you to do summaries of every comment thread over 20 comments from now on?

Creston

33. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 8, 2013, 09:44 Xero

I remember my buddy showing me the original back on PS1 and thought it was awesome. Was so gritty and realistic(sans T-rex) compared to what I was rocking at the time, Mario64. lol.
Though cut to the moment when I had my chance to run it on my rigs, all the variations of the original, part 2 and 3, etc. Horrid controls really hampered any gameplay it might of had. The newer, refined controls really felt nice although there was still the occasional issues with jumping to reach a location and whatnot, but it's gotten better.
I have high hopes for this one and will enjoy it as a bringing back the classic with a bang.

Currently playing: Sanitarium, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

32. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 8, 2013, 05:28 Tim

Bob wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 01:57:
I've never even played any of the Tomb Raider games. Probably because I never had a problem getting girls IRL

I know, right?

So I can infer that you have a problem getting beef-cake guys IRL since you only play games with male protagonists?

lol brilliant - "never played them" but it was all about the big tits. Whilst I agree the ridiculous norks were silly the funny thing is I actually played pretty all the tomb raider games *with* my now other half which pretty much sums up how silly that statement was. Why did she like them too? Same reason as me - exploration and puzzle solving (and of course back then it was rather unique) - the two key mechanics that really sold the game.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 07:25.

31. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 8, 2013, 01:57 Bob

I've never even played any of the Tomb Raider games. Probably because I never had a problem getting girls IRL

I know, right?

So I can infer that you have a problem getting beef-cake guys IRL since you only play games with male protagonists?

30. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 8, 2013, 01:21 saluk

Eh sounds like that's the tutorial section. Take away all her abilities so you reclaim them later. At least I'm hoping. Anyway I love the character, I'll probably play it regardless. I do hope it turns out better than that demo though.

I just played through TR1 again. Such a good game. The older graphics and horrible texture work actually enhance the alien feeling of the tombs and catacombs you explore for me.

29. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 8, 2013, 00:08 DangerDog

Looked good but it sounds like they forgot to put gameplay into their interactive movie.

[url=http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/tomb-raider-hands-on-a-lack-of-meaningful-interaction/]

28. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 22:59 cronik

The original Tomb Raider is a classic, screw anybody who says differently.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 22:55 Rigs

Argue
Tomb Raider was responsible for every computer enthusiast to buy ourselves a Voodoo 3DFX addon card, back in the day. Bat
It was Half-Life (and to a lesser degree Quake 2) that got me to buy a 3DFX card and it was definitely worth it. Flamethrower
Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 20:46:
Thank you for clearing that up. F*cking revisionist history. Smash
better not say "fucking" you naughty boy! woo! crisis averted, nice job Whip

Drunk2

Lol_dies

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

26. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Feb 7, 2013, 20:46 Orphic Resonance

Thank you for clearing that up.

F*cking revisionist history.

better not say "fucking" you naughty boy!

woo! crisis averted, nice job

25. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 20:23 Fletch

Bought my 3dfx for glQuake, but iirc, Tomb Raider was awesome on it as well. Not interested in this consoley POS, though.  

24. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 20:21 Flatline

Tomb Raider was responsible for every computer enthusiast to buy ourselves a Voodoo 3DFX addon card, back in the day.

Will buy this new release, love playing them, even if they're just shelved after.

No it wasn't, Quake was. I've never even played any of the Tomb Raider games. Probably because I never had a problem getting girls IRL and didn't a virtual girlfriend that only ever sold in the first place because of her huge cans and short shorts. It was sad then and is still sad now.

Thank you for clearing that up.

F*cking revisionist history.

23. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 20:02 nin

Gotta agree with cutter. Got a crappy voodoo rush card just to run glquake. And then swapped to a voodoo2 once it was obvious it wasn't going to cut it for Unreal.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

22. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 19:40 Agent.X7

I bought my first...oh, wait. I never did buy into 3DFX. I had NVidia even back then. Worked great for most games, and if a game only used 3DFX's proprietary Glide shit, fuck 'em. I didn't play it.

Tomb Raider was fun, although the T-Rex underground brought any sense of realism to a crashing halt.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 19:33 siapnar

I bought my first Voodoo 3DFX card for Need for Speed 2 SE.

... and it was GLORIOUS

I have projectile dysfunction.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 19:31 Rigs

Popcorn

Giggle

=-Rigs-=

19. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 19:31 theyarecomingforyou

Ha, the jokes in this topic are hilarious!

Tomb Raider was responsible for every computer enthusiast to buy ourselves a Voodoo 3DFX addon card, back in the day.
It was Half-Life (and to a lesser degree Quake 2) that got me to buy a 3DFX card and it was definitely worth it, as by that time the Voodoo2 and Voodoo Banshee had been released. I never cared for the original Quake, so I had no need for the original Voodoo card. It was around that time I upgraded to a 17" CRT and considered it massive over the 15" I'd been using before.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 19:18 Draugr

No it wasn't, Quake was. I've never even played any of the Tomb Raider games. Probably because I never had a problem getting girls IRL and didn't a virtual girlfriend that only ever sold in the first place because of her huge cans and short shorts. It was sad then and is still sad now.

This. Though, I do think it's a little to early to make any calls on this game.

17. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 18:33 crypto

Will buy this new release, love playing them, even if they're just shelved after.

No it wasn't, Quake was.
Yep. Tome Raider sold consoles.

16. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 18:19 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo