Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?

The Official Xbox Magazine notes a photo on The Gearbox Software Forums of a Wal-Mart ad promoting new Bug Hunt DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines, calling this a "$14.99 value," though not indicating what, if anything this will actually cost. It says this is due via download on March 19th, and offers the following description: "Team up with your friends to take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies in an all new game mode." Thanks VG247.

View
80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 11:17 netnerd85

TBH, the past few days, the negativity has been higher than usual.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 11:12 Verno

He's right though, you just admitted buying it on hype alone long before the brunt of the preview material was even out. Amusingly you're angry at people for making up their own mind, just coming to the opposite conclusion.

Something tells me that if people were just lavishing this game with praise you wouldn't be posting "STOP GUYS, we can't judge it until its out!".

People here like Aliens for the most part, that's been my observation anyway. So they tend to be very forgiving of flaws and if they are still saying that this looks lackluster, well....I don't think that bodes well. I'm still not sure why you care so much either, does their lack of purchase or enjoyment of it somehow affect you? No it doesn't so chillax

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

18. removed Feb 7, 2013, 11:05 Darks

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 8, 2013, 07:23.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 11:01 InBlack

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:36:
Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:24:
No Verno, Iím not defending the game I think I made it pretty clear in previous posting about the attitude of many people here that seeming do a lot of bitching and whining.

My defense with this game comes from the fact that no one has put one second into this game, but many here seem to think they know best and have come to the conclusion that the game already sucks.

There is a lot of preview material out for people to make some decisions about whether or not it looks good enough to purchase. You can stamp your feet and get angry but they're going to make up their own minds without your approval. No one is posting 0/10 review scores or something, haha. This isn't some game where everything is an unknown and people are condemning it a year from release or something. You are way too invested in this, no clue why but chillax holy shit.

He just said why. He bought it months ago, on hype alone and now he is being defensive and angry because its obviously apparent that from what weve seen of the game its probably going to suck major balls. Well tough shit Darks! Next time, wait for a release before commiting...

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:56 eRe4s3r

Upvote for using chillax ,) Weird how that word just feels right nowadays, people really do need to chillax.....

Let's judge games when they are out And just speculate until then. No point to state things as facts when there aren't any facts to be had anywhere.

15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:36 Kevin Lowe

El Pit wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:03:
I can wait for the complete game (nowadays called "Ultimate Edition" or "Game of the Year Edition") to drop down to $20. That will be my message to nickel and dime EA.
The game is published by Sega. What does EA have to do with this?

14. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:36 Verno

Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:24:
No Verno, Iím not defending the game I think I made it pretty clear in previous posting about the attitude of many people here that seeming do a lot of bitching and whining.

My defense with this game comes from the fact that no one has put one second into this game, but many here seem to think they know best and have come to the conclusion that the game already sucks.

There is a lot of preview material out for people to make some decisions about whether or not it looks good enough to purchase. You can stamp your feet and get angry but they're going to make up their own minds without your approval. No one is posting 0/10 review scores or something, haha. This isn't some game where everything is an unknown and people are condemning it a year from release or something. You are way too invested in this, no clue why but chillax holy shit.

13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:27 Darks

TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:15:
Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:44:
TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:11:
HORSESHIT !

Yes ,I said it. As a loooooongtime gamer ( since DOOM on a floppy disk,original ATARI console etc...) it is sad to see such great movie franchise milked for all it's worth as a video game franchise being EA'ed to death. I'm not buying this one.

Vote with your hard earned dollar folks...let them know this is crap treatment of us and the franchise.

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet. That is the biggest joke here. So fucking what if thereís DLC, if you want to get right to it, itís all you sorry asses who bought and paid for the DLC many years ago for Oblivion.

yes they pretty much started the DLC trend and now everyone is doing it because you all caved in and bought it. Now you all want to sit around and bitch about it like a bunch of old ladies. Seems very hypocritical if you ask me.

Put your money where your mouth is Darks...

I already put my money where my mouth is, I bought the game several months ago. Okay?

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:24 Darks

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:08:

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet.

Err, they think it doesn't look good, that's not an attitude, it's just an observation and opinion. You're just angry because you like it and others don't. Your comments works both ways too, you seem awfully defensive about a game you haven't spent much time with either.

I never once posted that I like this game or Iím going to like it. What Iím defending is the fact that too many people have come to the conclusion just because they think itís going to be bad that it is a bad game.

And again, there has been too much emphasis on graphics and textures.

To me that is Absolut nonsense when I sit here and read those comments. I think some of you need to go back to your consoles and leave pc game alone if your that unhappy with pc games.

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:15 TheDevilYouKnow

HORSESHIT !

Yes ,I said it. As a loooooongtime gamer ( since DOOM on a floppy disk,original ATARI console etc...) it is sad to see such great movie franchise milked for all it's worth as a video game franchise being EA'ed to death. I'm not buying this one.

Vote with your hard earned dollar folks...let them know this is crap treatment of us and the franchise.

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet. That is the biggest joke here. So fucking what if thereís DLC, if you want to get right to it, itís all you sorry asses who bought and paid for the DLC many years ago for Oblivion.

yes they pretty much started the DLC trend and now everyone is doing it because you all caved in and bought it. Now you all want to sit around and bitch about it like a bunch of old ladies. Seems very hypocritical if you ask me.

Put your money where your mouth is Darks...I don't have a problem with the game/franchise/movies etc... I have a problem with the treatment of it and the way the game companies (this one as an example and in particular because I have enjoyed the franchise since it's inception) continually re-hash the same stuff over and over. I don't/won't/haven't bought any DLC for any ALIENS related games in years( not since the original AVP/AVP gold titles) because the last time it was done correctly IMHO was within the above mentioned titles. I never mentioned Oblivion and have never played it.

I also don't have a problem with DLC or paying for it WHEN IT MERITS IT. All they are doing by pre-releasing DLC is testing the waters and seeing what kind of $$$ they will potentally garner. What if you are a huge fan of the Franchise and actually spend your money on this DLC before the games release and the game sucks? How about just making a great game to start with that is worth $60 and not breaking into bite sized chunks we have to purchase separately for the whole experience? How about a map editor? It's not as simple as you would have it, nor is it hypocritical.

You can vote with your dollar too you know.

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 10:08 Verno

The only horse shit here is yours and many others attitude towards a game you havenít even played yet.

Err, they think it doesn't look good, that's not an attitude, it's just an observation and opinion. You're just angry because you like it and others don't. Your comments works both ways too, you seem awfully defensive about a game you haven't spent much time with either.

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC "Bug Hunt" Revealed? Feb 7, 2013, 10:03 El Pit

I can wait for the complete game (nowadays called "Ultimate Edition" or "Game of the Year Edition") to drop down to $20. That will be my message to nickel and dime EA.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC "Bug Hunt" Revealed? Feb 7, 2013, 09:55 Cutter

No sir, I don't like it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 09:44 Darks

HORSESHIT !

yes they pretty much started the DLC trend and no everyone is doing it because you all caved in and bought it. Now you all want to sit around and bitch about it like a bunch of old ladies. Seems very hypocritical if you ask me.

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 09:30 nin

avianflu wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:26:
every preview of that game I have seen tells me "dont buy" until it is $4.99 on Steam.

Hate to say it, but I feel the same. I love to have a good, quality Aliens game, but I don't think this is it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC "Bug Hunt" Revealed? Feb 7, 2013, 09:26 avianflu

every preview of that game I have seen tells me "dont buy" until it is $4.99 on Steam.  

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 09:11 TheDevilYouKnow

HORSESHIT !

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Feb 7, 2013, 09:05 nin

InBlack wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:02:
Hahahah, so something that was included in all the AvP games so far as a standard is now being labeled as DLC??? Well I sure hope its free...

Glad I'm sitting this one out...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC "Bug Hunt" Revealed? Feb 7, 2013, 09:04 netnerd85

Gearbox love DLC don't they...  

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC "Bug Hunt" Revealed? Feb 7, 2013, 09:02 InBlack

Hahahah, so something that was included in all the AvP games so far as a standard is now being labeled as DLC??? Well I sure hope its free...  

I have a nifty blue line!

80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo