Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WildStar This Year

The WildStar Website now features a February "State of the Game" address for this upcoming sci-fi MMORPG, revealing plans to officially launch the game later this year. They take this opportunity to outline aspects of other MMOG releases they find unsatisfactory, and will look to redress with their own game. They also say this will kick off "metric boatloads of coverage from the press," and get things started by posting one, two, three different gameplay trailers.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 22:30 DeadlyAccurate

KS wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:05:
On their screenshots page, I see nothing to lead me to believe it is sci-fi instead of fantasy.

There is a large rhino animal, which would be trivial to kill with a gun from the 1800s, and what looks like several shots of a sorcerer in some kind of split-tailed robes, and that's it. The rest are golden vistas of something vaguely Dr. Seussish.

It's sort of a Firefly-ish sci-fi/fantasy/western theme. The cinematic trailers show the look more clearly, with spaceships and anti-grav cycles and guns.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 22:28 DeadlyAccurate

Actually this game does look like WoW. But that's because the studio was started by 17 ex-Blizzard employees.

I love the look, personally, and I'm quite excited for the game.

7. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 17:05 KS

On their screenshots page, I see nothing to lead me to believe it is sci-fi instead of fantasy.

There is a large rhino animal, which would be trivial to kill with a gun from the 1800s, and what looks like several shots of a sorcerer in some kind of split-tailed robes, and that's it. The rest are golden vistas of something vaguely Dr. Seussish.

6. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 13:38 Illumin

Wow swords in Sci-fi world *Yawn* not even high tech swords at that. 90% of the vids are all melee combat. 50 other games offer this and more. No thanks  

5. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 Burrito of Peace

I remember when this game was called "Sanctuary"...4 years ago, maybe 5.

This game will crater just like Tabula Rasa and just like Auto Assault.

4. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 12:29 Hellbinder

looks cool to me, i signed up for the beta.

Why do you guys think everything looks like wow? Its freaking neurotic.

It, looks animeish kind of cowboy beebopish - 70's cartoonish

From the very little they have shown it also looks like they have some original ideas. the quests designed for each class seem unique from the videos regarding soldier and explorer.

Not one of the games you all harp on constantly as "wow clones" that i tried for myself was anything lie wow. its Not even happened one time in my experience. which means you guys are tossing out bs comments without actually reading the information or taking any kind of honest look at these games.

The Whales name is Bob.

3. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 11:19 Annex

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:57:
It looks like WoW for kids. They should have cashed in on this years ago. Way too late now.

Now if only looks defined if a game was good or bad...

2. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 10:05 nin

Is this the same mmo featured in The Trenches web comic?

edit: Oh, that was LawStar...same thing...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: WildStar This Year Feb 7, 2013, 09:57 Cutter

It looks like WoW for kids. They should have cashed in on this years ago. Way too late now.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo