Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's a day of sports mourning for me, as the Giants have cut Ahmad Bradshaw, one of my very favorite players, and as important as any player in each of the team's two recent championships. The offseason can be rough on NFL players too. Poop. :(

Anyway, we're battening down the hatches here in the BlueTower, as a nor'easter is coming, and could be quite nasty, depending on the track it takes. Time to check the hot cocoa supply.

R.I.P.: Makeup master Stuart Freeborn of 'Star Wars' dead at age 98. Thanks nin.

Cut Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: 400 Years.
Stories: 'Star Wars' spin-offs- A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film.
Journalists Poop Their Pants On A Bus, Write About The Experience. Thanks Morris.
Postal Service to cut Saturday mail to trim costs. Extra junk mail on Mondays.
Science: Closest Earth-like planet 'stroll across park'.
Images: The 2013 Sony World Photography Awards. Thanks nin.
Media: When The Avengers Enrolled At Shermer High School.
Super Mario Busters.
Streak Free Shine.
Auction: "Rarer than rare" 1865 baseball card sells for $92,000.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Follow-up: How Mark Changizi conquered colorblindness with glasses. Thanks nin.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 11:50 Creston

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 09:13:
Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 21:57:
Tron cartoon? *blink*

Creston

dude it is so pimp.. yeh its written for kids, but seriously it doesnt matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-vL0LgaL3E

Thanks for the link, it looks fucking incredible! What the hell is Disney XD? I don't get that, I think... And it doesn't seem like there's a season version available on DVD yet... grrrr...

But I see they're trying to save it? Has it been cancelled or something?

Edit : From wikipedia "Amid rumors of cancellation, on January 14, 2013 producer Edward Kitsis countered the rumor by stating: "I don't know what the future [of Tron: Uprising] is now. I know at the present, I can say we need more viewers."

Well, DUH you need more viewers. Who the fuck watches Disney XD? Put this shit on a regular network, idiot.

Creston

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 11:57.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 09:13 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 21:57:
Tron cartoon? *blink*

Creston

dude it is so pimp.. yeh its written for kids, but seriously it doesnt matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-vL0LgaL3E

29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 07:56 Acleacius

Baton down the hatches at the Blue Tower and the whole east coast, all you guys and gals be safe!

This is just a link to HuffPo, if your allergic please don't click.
NEMO COMETH

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2013, 02:38 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 23:55:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 23:41:
"Huh, what's this? A banner ad for a Family Feud game? I really shouldn't but..." *click*
"Play now eh?" *click*
Then without warning an executable starts downloading.
"Oh fuck no you don't" *click cancel*

And that's the story of the first banner ad I clicked in nearly a decade.

Was that here?

Yeah, it wasn't direct from the ad, I had to go through their site first. I don't have any evidence to suspect the executable was malware or something. Could've just been a game launcher or hub, I was naively hoping for some registration free in browser Family Feud

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 23:55  Blue 

Sepharo wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 23:41:
"Huh, what's this? A banner ad for a Family Feud game? I really shouldn't but..." *click*
"Play now eh?" *click*

Was that here?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 23:41 Sepharo

"Play now eh?" *click*

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 22:19 nin

As long as they keep the quality up and differentiate them, it should be okay?

I hope so. I'm actually looking forward to seeing an earlier Han Solo or Yoda. And an episode 7 is the stuff of childhood dreams. I never thought we'd get that.

Now if Disney can just iron out an unaltered version of the Original Trilogy (I hear there's issues with Fox having distribution rights for Episode 4, not to mention the whole "we swear to god we destroyed the original negatives" bullshit), I'll be ready to bury the hatchet with SW.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 21:57 Creston

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:31:
i used to think of Disney as pretty shit, until that new Tron cartoon came on

its fucking awesome as fuck

Tron cartoon? *blink*

Creston

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 20:30 jdreyer

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 18:00:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:32:
I am such a fanboy. All that SW stuff Disney is doing and the people they are choosing to do it with...it sounds good to me so far.

I agree. I fear how much they'll mass market it into the ground (IE a new SW movie every 9 months), but in the meantime, I'm looking forward to it.

We've had multiple Marvel movies from Disney in a year, and they've mostly been quality. As long as they keep the quality up and differentiate them, it should be okay? I think that's what made so many hero movies work: each hero is in such a different situation and has such a different personality than the other: Cap, Thor, Iron Man, etc.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:27 Cutter

sauron wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 18:03:
The sentence in bold made me LOL.

I must admit that I lifted it from the American Dad episode of Moon Over Isla Island.

Snot: Your mom's going to touch more sack than a medieval grain merchant on inventory day.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:26 xXBatmanXx

All this Witcher talk, I fired up my old gaming rig, and Witcher 1 has 63 saves amd O a, om tje Swamp Forest. Last played 6/3/11. Looks like it is time to pick that back up.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:13 sauron

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:56:
Just for the record I am predicting Jets supremacy next season

We're having some trouble in the dungeon here at Barad-Dur. We can't use the torture machines on Jets fans. They actually enjoy it.

Kittens!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:03 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:52:
sauron wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:06:
I'm actually pretty worried about the Giants' O line and running game next year. Without a good ground game, opposition defenses are going to focus even more on Eli and he had no protection the second half of this season. He got sacked so often, he looked punch drunk a couple of times at the end of games.

Are you kidding me? Eli was only sacked 19 times in 2012 - which ranks him at #34 out of 49 QBs. Rodgers - #1 on the sack list - was sacked 51. 51 times!!! An average of over 4 sacks a game! That's dealing with more sacks than a medieval grain merchant! That's why you see me bitch so long and loud about the Green Bay O-line. If we had a good O-line we'd be unstoppable!

The sentence in bold made me LOL.

And yeah, Eli wasn't battered hard early in the season, but the second half it seemed like he took a pasting. No way Rodgers should have to deal with that kind of thing either - 51 sacks is enough to fill a warehouse.

Kittens!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 18:00 nin

Jivaro wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 17:32:
I am such a fanboy. All that SW stuff Disney is doing and the people they are choosing to do it with...it sounds good to me so far.

I agree. I fear how much they'll mass market it into the ground (IE a new SW movie every 9 months), but in the meantime, I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 17:32 Jivaro

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 17:31 Orphic Resonance

i used to think of Disney as pretty shit, until that new Tron cartoon came on

its fucking awesome as fuck

15. Re: Star Wars Feb 7, 2013, 17:09 Yosemite Sam

Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced the existence of spin-off plans yesterday as part of the company’s quarterly earnings report. He said the screenwriters working of the stand-alone films are Simon Kinberg (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Sherlock Holmes) and Lawrence Kasdan (screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the filmmaker behind The Big Chill.)
The pair are also involved in the drafting of the new trilogy, with Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) penning the first of the series, which J. J. Abrams has agreed to direct. That film is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015.

I Knew Disney was going to milk it but holy crap they are not wasting any time. The spinoffs are a Boba Fett movie and a Han Solo movie, on top of the three planned general SW movies.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 15:18 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:56:

Giggle

Oh Verno. Your optimism is so endearing. :p

Creston

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 14:13 1badmf

it's going to rain out here in cali tomorrow! RUH ROH SCHAGGY!!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 13:56 Verno

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo