Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's a day of sports mourning for me, as the Giants have cut Ahmad Bradshaw, one of my very favorite players, and as important as any player in each of the team's two recent championships. The offseason can be rough on NFL players too. Poop. :(

Anyway, we're battening down the hatches here in the BlueTower, as a nor'easter is coming, and could be quite nasty, depending on the track it takes. Time to check the hot cocoa supply.

R.I.P.: Makeup master Stuart Freeborn of 'Star Wars' dead at age 98. Thanks nin.

Cut Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: 400 Years.
Stories: 'Star Wars' spin-offs- A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film.
Journalists Poop Their Pants On A Bus, Write About The Experience. Thanks Morris.
Postal Service to cut Saturday mail to trim costs. Extra junk mail on Mondays.
Science: Closest Earth-like planet 'stroll across park'.
Images: The 2013 Sony World Photography Awards. Thanks nin.
Media: When The Avengers Enrolled At Shermer High School.
Super Mario Busters.
Streak Free Shine.
Auction: "Rarer than rare" 1865 baseball card sells for $92,000.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Follow-up: How Mark Changizi conquered colorblindness with glasses. Thanks nin.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 13:52 Cutter

sauron wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:06:
I'm actually pretty worried about the Giants' O line and running game next year. Without a good ground game, opposition defenses are going to focus even more on Eli and he had no protection the second half of this season. He got sacked so often, he looked punch drunk a couple of times at the end of games.

Are you kidding me? Eli was only sacked 19 times in 2012 - which ranks him at #34 out of 49 QBs. Rodgers - #1 on the sack list - was sacked 51. 51 times!!! An average of over 4 sacks a game! That's dealing with more sacks than a medieval grain merchant! That's why you see me bitch so long and loud about the Green Bay O-line. If we had a good O-line we'd be unstoppable!

QB stats for 2012

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 13:22 Creston

sauron wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:06:
He got sacked so often, he looked punch drunk a couple of times at the end of games.

Nah, that was just because the guys were mean and spiked his sippy-cup with some apple cider during half-time.

Creston

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 13:06 sauron

dardin wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 12:47:
I will also miss Bradshaw and I mourn the loss of such a great guy. His passion for the game and dedication to the team since he joined them is unquestionable. That being said I felt this is the right move by the Giants. Unfortunately he has some serious ongoing injuries that really have the poor guy probably on the downside of his career. The Giants simply could not afford to continue paying that kind of salary for someone who has not been 100% in a couple years now.

Yeah, I feel the same. Great player and good guy but starting to slow down on account of the injuries. I hope the young backs they have can replace him.

I'm actually pretty worried about the Giants' O line and running game next year. Without a good ground game, opposition defenses are going to focus even more on Eli and he had no protection the second half of this season. He got sacked so often, he looked punch drunk a couple of times at the end of games.

Kittens!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 12:47 dardin

I will also miss Bradshaw and I mourn the loss of such a great guy. His passion for the game and dedication to the team since he joined them is unquestionable. That being said I felt this is the right move by the Giants. Unfortunately he has some serious ongoing injuries that really have the poor guy probably on the downside of his career. The Giants simply could not afford to continue paying that kind of salary for someone who has not been 100% in a couple years now.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 11:47 Creston

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

*hops up and down in glee, fires grappling hook at 747, sky-surfs*

Creston

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 11:39 nin

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 11:25:
I wish we'd get some of that rain/snow...

Creston

Shhh...I'm using one of my "snow days" as a day off tomorrow....

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 11:25 Creston

I wish we'd get some of that rain/snow...

Creston

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 11:17 Orphic Resonance

Astronomers reported Wednesday that the nearest Earth-like planet may be just 13 light-years away or some 77 trillion miles.

yeh, i usually like to walk around 70-ish trillion miles when i go out for a stroll

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 10:48 Cutter

Yeah, the gubment and the Weather Network are issuing storm warnings saying we're going to get dumped on huge for the next 2 days. Should be fun. Time to go stock up on some supplies!

Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn...call the President.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 09:16 Verno

We're supposed to get 8-10 inches of snow overnight so I'm hoping to have the day off tomorrow. Gonna stock up tonight!  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2013, 09:10 nin

Anyway, we're battening down the hatches here in the BlueTower, as a nor'easter is coming, and could be quite nasty, depending on the track it takes. Time to check the hot cocoa supply.

Friend says he bumped up his flights to today, to (hopefully) avoid the storm and see Ian there...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo