Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn

The Elder Scrolls Website has word that the Dragonborn DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is now available on Steam for the PC edition of Bethesda's RPG sequel. This page has all the details on the add-on, and here's the overview:

With this official add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary the first Dragonborn.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2013, 23:45 Rigs

Hehe...'nudie mod'...perv...

I much prefer this nude mod instead... Suggwink (NSFW!!!)

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 23:38 PropheT

Ratty wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 23:01:
Maybe a nudie mod, but I'm not telling.

Some of those mods are necessary to make a good chunk of the cooler armors out there work right. I don't think they're that big of a deal, really.

SPERG is one I'm really enjoying atm, especially after trying some other overhaul mods. Way too many of them seem to have a massive hard on for making combat become a frustrating mix of one-shotted frustration and anger, but SPERG just makes the perks actually fun while mostly maintaining the balance of the vanilla game. Any overpowered-ness it has can be offset with Deadly Combat, another good mod.

The Dance of Death is a great mod, too, one that I like a lot. Customizable to cause more kill moves, if you like that sort of thing (I do).

SkyUI is good enough that they should just pack it with the game now.

The Apocalypse Spell Package is must-have if you play a caster type character.

I haven't had a problem with any of them (or a few that others have mentioned here, either) since loading Dragonborn but I haven't had time to play into the new areas yet. The game did do an optimization of file structure when I first launched it after loading the DLC, though, and it seems to have made things snappier.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 23:01 Ratty

Back off Barbas is a must have. I tried UFO for awhile but didn't care for it. Let's see what else: Quality World Map, Oblivious Horses (so Shadowmere doesn't charge at every enemy and get himself killed) and SkyUI naturally, the unofficial patches. Mostly a pretty vanilla Skyrim. I tried several others from time to time but went back to the basics. Maybe a nudie mod, but I'm not telling.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 22:25 Cutter

Yeah, I'll be grabbing this in a while.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 22:22 jacobvandy

Either way, thanks for the suggestions. I'm about to start a new game up, myself.  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 22:19 Bosanac

Not had any issues with Workshop either. Like the integration better though download speeds seem pitiful, but that only comes into play on really big mods.

But Nexus has more mods since it has bigger file allowance. And yeah it's ugly, but also more customizable so I guess you can't have both?

So each has it's pluses and minuses. Let's not get into a stupid war over which is better.

Instead use this to share your opinion of the DLC, what cool things you've found, etc.

If you kill them, they will die!

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 22:05 Marvin T. Martian

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 21:22:
workshop is garbage

Whenever Nexus gets off their collective butts and takes their mod manager out of beta (after how many years????still in beta--like russion roulette)I might accept your obvious bias--but until then--it's just your misguided opinion. Never had a problem workshop.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 21:57 Creston

Which version of Realistic Lighting are you using? I'm pretty sure that the 4.xx version doesn't actually work nice with Climates of Tamriel... (at least, I read a comment to that effect.)

Also beware that UFO causes quite a few crashes.

Creston

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Feb 5, 2013, 21:22 dj LiTh

Well i just spent about 6 hours pooring through all the mods i'll be taking with me on a new charactor playthrough. Incase anyone is curious (i got these all off the nexus of course, workshop is garbage)

Enhanced Blood Textures
A Quality WOrld Map
ASIS
Auto Unequip Ammo
Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel
Cloaks of Skyrim
Convenient Horses
Deadly Dragons
Footprints
Glowing Ore Veins
Immersive Armors
Immersive Weapons
Improved Combat Sounds
Better Vampires
Realistic Ragdolls & Force
Realistic Lighting Overhaul
SKSE
Skyrim HD 2K Textures
SkyUI
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
W.A.T.E.R. - Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux

Of course they are in a different order (using BOSS). I also opted not to go for the Unofficial Hearthfire patch as that messes some stuff up. I combined Realistic Lighting Overhaul /w Climates of Tamriel. Other than that pretty straight forward.

I'm sure some stuff wont work on the new island but i'm sure patches will be forthcoming pretty quickly, most of the mods were updated within the last few days if not last week. Also i'd be interested to hear what you guys are running. I'm personally trying to go for the vanilla-expanded vibe as much possible while being lore friendly.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2013, 21:27.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo