Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New MechWarrior: Online Mech

Infinite Game Publishing announces the addition of Pretty Baby, the newest hero mech in MechWarrior: Online, Piranha Games' online mech shooter. This is part of a major update to the game that includes "the long-awaited Death Screen and a fantastic new 'end of round' screen," as well as the ability to chat before a match begins. A 2013 February Developer Update has details on these and other changes, and this trailer shows off the new mech.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 7, 2013, 03:45 Jeraxle

Taskeen wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 18:08:
It is going to be some time before the game reaches the type of scale that the developers have envisioned, where there is a larger galaxy to fight over (The Inner Sphere of Battle Tech). It'll be some time before that stuff is implemented, I'd say a year or two. And being an 'free pay-if-you want to' MMO, changes and additions are going to happen slowly.

Its going to be some time before it approaches something like Eve or MWBT: 3025.

Having been involved actively in MWO since the beginning, I can say that it's an awesome experience. That being said, the developers are using a 1:1 ratio for dates. Jan 1, 2013 = Jan 1, 3050. The invasion of the clans was summer time 3050. So far, they are right on schedule as far as their releases. I wouldn't say that it will be years before we see what has been promised. I say give them 6 months.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 6, 2013, 18:08 Taskeen

I've been in the MWO beta for a while, even before it became Open Beta. I can say that right now the developers are trying to concentrate on fleshing out the balance of combat and features they bring into the game. Hence, many of the maps are small testing out quick game modes in order for them to gain telemetry data. They are also actively working on the new user experience, which is only like 50% complete.

It is going to be some time before the game reaches the type of scale that the developers have envisioned, where there is a larger galaxy to fight over (The Inner Sphere of Battle Tech). It'll be some time before that stuff is implemented, I'd say a year or two. And being an 'free pay-if-you want to' MMO, changes and additions are going to happen slowly.

Its going to be some time before it approaches something like Eve or MWBT: 3025.

7. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 6, 2013, 18:07 nin

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:21:
KS wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 09:20:
I was looking for even more, a whole world ala old Mechwarrior 2 Mercs, kind of a MW version of Eve. Rather you get beating your heads against others on battlegrounds. Which is fine, I always PvP in MMOs, but the key word is MMO. You got no world, you got no game.

Yeah, not interested in pvp at all. Wish this was a SP game. Oh, well.

If it was a SP game, I would have grabbed it on day one. Same goes for Hawken.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 6, 2013, 17:21 jdreyer

KS wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 09:20:
I was looking for even more, a whole world ala old Mechwarrior 2 Mercs, kind of a MW version of Eve. Rather you get beating your heads against others on battlegrounds. Which is fine, I always PvP in MMOs, but the key word is MMO. You got no world, you got no game.

Yeah, not interested in pvp at all. Wish this was a SP game. Oh, well.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 6, 2013, 09:20 KS

4. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 6, 2013, 08:29 InBlack

AlexSledge wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 23:24:
Is a single virtual battlemech worth $24 USD?

Other than some pricing ... inconsistencies ... which I have issue with, I have nothing but good to say about the game itself. I am excited to see the meta game arrive, along with some control over whch map you play. The game could be greatly improved with a lobby system similar to L4D - the crap shoot of a matchmaker is probably the weakest part of the game, which could be easily remedied by putting the "logic" of the system into the hands of the players and lettng them coordinate the matches themselves.

I agree with all that youve said, yet I have recently stopped playing. This is not the patch that will pull me back in. The one Im waiting for is the meta game itself and the arrival of the clans. Ive seen all that this beta has to offer and yes the mechanics are looking good but its still too simple to be called a proper game by any standard.

Im going to stick with PoE and will come back to MWO if they add all the missing content.

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 5, 2013, 23:24 AlexSledge

Is a single virtual battlemech worth $24 USD?

Other than some pricing ... inconsistencies ... which I have issue with, I have nothing but good to say about the game itself. I am excited to see the meta game arrive, along with some control over whch map you play. The game could be greatly improved with a lobby system similar to L4D - the crap shoot of a matchmaker is probably the weakest part of the game, which could be easily remedied by putting the "logic" of the system into the hands of the players and lettng them coordinate the matches themselves.

I should be coding.

2. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 5, 2013, 22:23 Asmo

The recent updates have really pulled this game back from being a pointless fest of high damage/low heat cheese builds, particularly ECM and the speed updates for certain weapons. With hot weapons getting a heat reduction in the patch today, it should make PPC builds more viable and start feeling a bit more like the original (seriously though, the loops they went through to make it "more fun" by fucking with the ROF etc have caused months of delays to fix by tweaking individual weapons).

Dunno bout the awesome though, those things are just one big target for anyone with half a brain.

1. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 5, 2013, 21:42 Shataan

I`d rather see dx11.... actually.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo