Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced

Eurogamer has word from Take-Two's post-earnings conference call, where it was revealed that sales of Borderlands 2 are approaching the six million mark. They also have details on the Borderlands 2: Add-On Content Pack mentioned in the earnings report. Word is this will comprise all four of the DLC packs for the shooter sequel when it is released on February 26th for Windows and consoles for $29.99.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 12:04 nin

I'd like to have enough of a skill cap to get through 2 outta 3 trees. OP? Yes. Fun? Hell yeah!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 11:57 Creston

Beamer wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 10:00:
I'm not huge into the idea of new caps. What for? So we get 10 more "LEVEL UP!" flashes? 10 more skill points would be cool but not hugely worth it because:

1) I've already done most missions with most characters, so there are fewer options to get XP for them. Leveling from 50 to 60 will take forever when I don't have missions to support it
2) All the cool mission loot I have from PT2.5 level 50, meaning it will be useless at level 52
3) All the awesome legendaries I've farmed are also level 50, and while they may last longer than blue they'll still be useless by level 55

Well, then you get to farm everything all over again!

... yay?

I guess the level cap'd be cool if only so you still get some xp. I hate not getting xp when I kill stuff. On the flipside, all my lvl 50 characters already have every useful skill and getting more skillpoints just means I'm putting points into kinda useless crap.

Creston

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 10:00 Beamer

I'm not huge into the idea of new caps. What for? So we get 10 more "LEVEL UP!" flashes? 10 more skill points would be cool but not hugely worth it because:

1) I've already done most missions with most characters, so there are fewer options to get XP for them. Leveling from 50 to 60 will take forever when I don't have missions to support it
2) All the cool mission loot I have from PT2.5 level 50, meaning it will be useless at level 52
3) All the awesome legendaries I've farmed are also level 50, and while they may last longer than blue they'll still be useless by level 55

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 09:10 nin

John wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 08:08:
I hope this new 'add-on content pack' adds increased level cap. I have given up playing for now since my character is maxed out. Each DLC should have increased the cap at least 5 levels to keep players interested in playing longer.

I agree...got to 50, and now I'm waiting on a level cap increase before PT 2.5 and expansions.

But at 160+ hours, I needed a break anyway.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 08:34 Omni

Good for them.  

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 08:08 John

I hope this new 'add-on content pack' adds increased level cap. I have given up playing for now since my character is maxed out. Each DLC should have increased the cap at least 5 levels to keep players interested in playing longer.  
This space is available for rent

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 03:58 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 02:29:
Tiny Tina needed her own expansion pack, something for those whiny bitches to cry about.

I'm still puzzled as to how they could have done a bang up job on this game but from all the media released for Aliens:CM it looks so much lower in quality.

Congrats to them, I haven't picked this up yet, but have 100 or so hours in the original, so will definitely be picking this up at some point, probably a GOTY edition with all the DLC. BL1 is one of the few games I have actually ever bought DLC for and played.

As for Aliens:CM, I think that when you have a game that's been in development since 2006 like this game has, there are going to be parts of it that look like it came from 2006. I think that if the game play and story are good, people will give the graphics a pass.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 02:29 DangerDog

Tiny Tina needed her own expansion pack, something for those whiny bitches to cry about.

I'm still puzzled as to how they could have done a bang up job on this game but from all the media released for Aliens:CM it looks so much lower in quality.

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 6, 2013, 02:06 jacobvandy

So this will just be replacing the Season Pass? What's the point of that? Surely there is some sort of difference somewhere?  

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 5, 2013, 22:37 LittleMe

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 21:26:
Glad it turned out well for them. Fun game, and a decent port.

Agreed. Fun game and worth the asking price. Only thing it sorely needs is mod support!

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 5, 2013, 21:26 nin

Glad it turned out well for them. Fun game, and a decent port.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo