Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement

CD Projekt RED officially announces The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, following the revelation earlier today of plans for a new installment in the RPG series next year. This new trailer accompanies the announcement (though this does is show off the game's title) and here's a bit, including word this will be the final installment in the series:

CD Projekt RED has officially announced the title of their next upcoming game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Further, they've announced that this, the ultimate game in the series, will also be the final Witcher game from the studio. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt combines CD Projekt RED’s trademark decision-based storytelling flair with a living open world larger than any other in modern RPG history.

“The captivating and non-linear story of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt takes place in a rich, truly open-world environment. A world which is thrilling to explore, full of daring adventures, momentous quests, memorable characters, and unique monsters. Players will freely travel through woods, lakes, mountains, cities and villages. Each region is inhabited by distinct populations with their own customs, legends and problems. The world of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is 30 times bigger than The Witcher 2," said Adam Badowski, head of the studio.

“Imagine playing a dark fantasy game with the same great non-linear story as in the previous Witcher titles, but now told in a world you can explore freely with no artificial boundaries. The war-ravaged world is so huge that to reach farther places you will need to ride a horse or sail a boat to get there. A world where your choices have truly epic consequences. From the development side, this goal is extremely demanding. Our team had to make significant design changes and our tech had to be rebuilt. But we believe that this will lead to a completely new level of non-linearity and a whole new, richer gaming experience. As a gamer, I would love to play this kind of RPG, and I think this is what many players are waiting for. This is our dream come true at CD Projekt RED, and we hope it will be the same for you!” adds Badowski.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final episode of the award-winning RPG series and the last part of the legend of Geralt of Rivia. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the most robust and breathtaking game ever created by CD Projekt RED. Open-world, free-roaming exploration is an adventure in itself as the player will gallop through war-ravaged lands, sail misty waters and track down dangerous beasts for money. An improved combat system will allow players to feel like a real monster-hunter, a witcher who uses his superior senses and fighting skills to survive in a dark fantasy world--while he embarks on a quest to save his loved ones. The new core mechanics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt immerse the player in the experience completely, with no Quick Time Events, only intuitive RPG gameplay. horizons to keep pushing the boundaries of what we can create."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 8, 2013, 00:09 xXBatmanXx

tomigun wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 05:13:
@ nin

just try to fit in book 2 " the sword of destiny" before you start on "The Blood of Elves" it fills in alot of gaps

Dang, wish I would have had access to book 2, explains why I was a little lost after going from Witcher to Blood Elves....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 7, 2013, 05:13 tomigun

@ nin

just try to fit in book 2 " the sword of destiny" before you start on "The Blood of Elves" it fills in alot of gaps

17. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 6, 2013, 14:58 tomigun

Cheers Creston  

16. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 6, 2013, 12:56 Creston

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here are the scans from the gameinformer article.

Click on the Alle Scans Anzeigen link

Creston

15. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 6, 2013, 09:05 nin

Time of Contempt will be out this year as an official translation. Amazon lists it as August 27th.

Amazon Listing

TY TY, I need to read those. Will start with the officials.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 6, 2013, 01:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ooh, thanks for that link, tomigun! Getting the Fan Translations immediately.

13. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 23:02 Rhino

tomigun wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 19:52:
For people who have enjoyed the English released books, the witcher community has got together and translated the 6 remaining books in mobi and epub format , perfect for reading on the Kindle!

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/ index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/

Order for those wondering

1. The Last Wish -- official book out

2. The Sword of Destiny -- Fan Translation

3. The Blood of Elves --Official Book

4.Times Of Comtempt-- Fan Translation

5. Baptism of Fire-- Fan Translation

6. The Tower of The Shallow-- Fan Translation

7. The Lady of the Lake-- Fan Translation

Time of Contempt will be out this year as an official translation. Amazon lists it as August 27th.

Amazon Listing

12. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 21:43 Orphic Resonance

Flatline wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 19:25:
I wouldn't be surprised if the original polish text they weren't elves but fae.

A lot was "adapted" pretty loosely from the original polish supposedly.

yeh, i dont think many people would want to meet the fae..

i remember reading the following description a couple years ago in 4e D&D, and smiling wryly

Your constant visits to the Feywild and your communion with the fey entity that holds your pact have touched you to your very soul and driven you slightly mad. But within this madness, you have found the power to rise to the next level of your existence. The secrets of the Feywild might be maddening, but they provide you with new opportunities to achieve your goals and defeat your enemies. You relish the madness and can control it, but those you unleash it upon can do nothing but crumble in the wake of the unparalleled majesty of the Feywild.

11. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 19:52 tomigun

For people who have enjoyed the English released books, the witcher community has got together and translated the 6 remaining books in mobi and epub format , perfect for reading on the Kindle!

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/ index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/

Order for those wondering

1. The Last Wish -- official book out

2. The Sword of Destiny -- Fan Translation

3. The Blood of Elves --Official Book

4.Times Of Comtempt-- Fan Translation

5. Baptism of Fire-- Fan Translation

6. The Tower of The Shallow-- Fan Translation

7. The Lady of the Lake-- Fan Translation

10. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 19:25 Flatline

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 19:15:
Quinn wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 18:55:
The scary, foreign, elf-like creatures that expressed emotions so alien and impure.. even Geralt didn't know what to make of them, and it genuinely scares him.

thats what faeries were like in the old-school

I wouldn't be surprised if the original polish text they weren't elves but fae.

A lot was "adapted" pretty loosely from the original polish supposedly.

9. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 19:23 ItBurn

Techie714 © wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 18:19:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 18:05:
I really enjoy the Witcher worlds and really enjoy the books. If anyone hasn't grabbed them, they are now in English and are worth full retail....each short could be a great game. There is so much going on and so many possible story lines from the books. The game just scractches the surface...

I'll have to check out the books, I know for awhile they were not in English. Right now I'm going back & reading Enders Game again since the movie will be out this year...lol.
Like your signature!

I read the first book and it greatly improved my experience of the game. The game is true to the book. Really well written. I ordered the second one and I'll pick it up tomorrow.

8. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 19:15 Orphic Resonance

Quinn wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 18:55:
The scary, foreign, elf-like creatures that expressed emotions so alien and impure.. even Geralt didn't know what to make of them, and it genuinely scares him.

thats what faeries were like in the old-school

7. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 18:55 Quinn

This is exactly what I was hoping for, the title says it all: The Wild Hunt. The scary, foreign, elf-like creatures that expressed emotions so alien and impure.. even Geralt didn't know what to make of them, and it genuinely scares him.

Those adversaries from another plane entirely is what I hoped would make their way into The Witcher 3, and my wishes were heard.

I can't wait. I've never been so excited about any other game announcement, ever.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 18:30 Orphic Resonance

its all super awesome and all that.. im just not looking forward to building a new PC to play it  

5. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 18:19 Techie714 ©

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 18:05:
I really enjoy the Witcher worlds and really enjoy the books. If anyone hasn't grabbed them, they are now in English and are worth full retail....each short could be a great game. There is so much going on and so many possible story lines from the books. The game just scractches the surface...

I'll have to check out the books, I know for awhile they were not in English. Right now I'm going back & reading Enders Game again since the movie will be out this year...lol.
Like your signature!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 18:12 Asmo

The thing that always get's my goat with sequels is who you seemingly go back to square 1 as a character.

eg. after 1 & 2, you'd think Geralt would pretty much have his shit tight. Alchemy, weapons etc, he should be loaded for war. I generally like the concept of level type games (where you appreciate in power), sorta like the old gold box D&D games where each new expansion would pit you against far harder enemies. It's kinda painful to go back to being unable to fight two wolves after defeating the mega-super-evil from the dark pit that plans on ending everything without wearing out overused tropes like "amnesia"...

Hopefully they handle this well.

3. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 18:06 Marvin T. Martian

#1 good idea "with no Quick Time Events," (and other consolitis deseases that infected the game too)
and hopefully 100% pc dev then port to the consoles--in 6 or eight months.

2. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 18:05 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 5, 2013, 17:31 Techie714 ©

This should be an excellent ending to the Witcher trilogy. The last two Witcher games easily stand amongst the classics including Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Gothic, Fallout, & the Elder Scrolls games.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo