Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year

GameInformer.com tips off that the cover story for the March issue of Game Informer magazine will officially reveal The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the not completely unexpected next installment in CD Projekt RED's fantasy-themed RPG series. Subscribers can expect the new issue in abut two weeks, and in the meantime they have this video with the developers discussing the project, and offer the following details on the open-world game, including the suggestion that this will come to unannounced console systems as well as Windows when it's released next year:

Our March cover story gives a world-exclusive peek into the next generation of RPGs with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This standalone sequel takes the fascinating stories and characters, non-linear plotlines, and difficult decisions that the franchise is known for and puts them all in an open world 30 times larger than the previous game an enormous setting even larger than Skyrim's vast expanse, made possible with the new REDengine 3 technology that developer CD Projekt RED is debuting with the game. Our huge feature dives into everything The Witcher 3 has to offer, and it's a lot: the detective work that precedes deadly combat when monster hunting, storylines that weave and twist together between political intrigue and otherworldly menaces, and a tired hero who wants to set things right but can't put down his swords until his conscience allows if it ever does.

Coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available" (CD Projekt RED isn't saying flat-out that it's a next-gen game, but it's a safe bet that new console announcements in the coming months will define the term "high-end platform"), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stretches from stormy islands to war-torn forests and a sprawling dark fantasy metropolis without a loading screen anywhere to be found.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 12:18 sauron

PHJF wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 08:43:
How much sexier can they make Triss???

A lot of games are happy to show violence but very few are really comfortable with sex. The Witcher games are totally fine with it, which I kind of like - there's no double standard.

Not sure why they're that way - European developer?

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 11:13 nin

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 11:07:
Wash Washburne wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 08:43:
I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening

Try licking it first! (both the money AND the screen)

Creston

Actual conversation with coworker last week, while he was running win8 on a VM:

CW: I've got windows 8 running on this, but I can't figure out how to close the window.

Me: Did you swipe the screen?

CW: No.

Me: Swipe the screen.

CW: You're just trying to get fingerprints on my monitor!

Me: If that doesn't work, lick your finger first, then swipe.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 11:07 Creston

Try licking it first! (both the money AND the screen)

Creston

12. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 11:06 Creston

Open world Witcher sounds good to me.

Creston

11. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 10:05 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 09:27:
Enh, I'll probably be passing on it. Witcher 2, whilst better than one, still just doesn't do it for me. I'm halfway through and I don't know if I'll finish it - I didn't with the first. I don't like their combat or magic system. Story is ok but nothing special. I actually hate Geralt's voice acting. The art and enviornments are nothing special. It's not so much a dislike of the game as it gives me a meh feeling.

I can only hope their cyberpunk game will be considerably different.

Had the same thing with Witcher1, so I never delved into 2...While everyone raved about them they were mostly meh to me...and I like RPGs...

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 10:04 ItBurn

The witcher games are strange. They're kinda boring for a while, but then you get really attached to your character and decisions and it's very rewarding when you complete the game. Can't wait for the third. Also, in the video, they say that the story will be more personal. I didn't like the fact that in Witcher 2, it was all about politics and countries and stuff... So great!

There are other issues like the click-fest combat and too much time spent travelling the same areas endlessly. Hopefully, there'll be fast travel since it's open world.

9. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 09:49 Techie714

CD Projekt RED imo are the best developers in gaming period! Yes even better than Bethesda & that's saying something.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 09:27 Cutter

Enh, I'll probably be passing on it. Witcher 2, whilst better than one, still just doesn't do it for me. I'm halfway through and I don't know if I'll finish it - I didn't with the first. I don't like their combat or magic system. Story is ok but nothing special. I actually hate Geralt's voice acting. The art and enviornments are nothing special. It's not so much a dislike of the game as it gives me a meh feeling.

I can only hope their cyberpunk game will be considerably different.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 09:19 John

If coming to consoles, hopefully it's only released on next-gen consoles..  
This space is available for rent

6. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 09:19 Verno

Awesome, can't wait. Witcher 2 had its issues but it was a really ambitious and challenging game.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

5. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 08:58 nin

I guess I should really start playing the other two. But they're getting my money anyway, with the support they've offered as well as Cyberpunk...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 08:54 Slashman

Convert it into gold and throw that. You're bound to get a reaction of some sort...

3. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 08:43 PHJF

How much sexier can they make Triss???  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 08:43 Wash Washburne

1. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 08:42 Slashman

So yeah...GIMME ALREADY!!!!!  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.