Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year

GameInformer.com tips off that the cover story for the March issue of Game Informer magazine will officially reveal The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the not completely unexpected next installment in CD Projekt RED's fantasy-themed RPG series. Subscribers can expect the new issue in abut two weeks, and in the meantime they have this video with the developers discussing the project, and offer the following details on the open-world game, including the suggestion that this will come to unannounced console systems as well as Windows when it's released next year:

Our March cover story gives a world-exclusive peek into the next generation of RPGs with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This standalone sequel takes the fascinating stories and characters, non-linear plotlines, and difficult decisions that the franchise is known for and puts them all in an open world 30 times larger than the previous game an enormous setting even larger than Skyrim's vast expanse, made possible with the new REDengine 3 technology that developer CD Projekt RED is debuting with the game. Our huge feature dives into everything The Witcher 3 has to offer, and it's a lot: the detective work that precedes deadly combat when monster hunting, storylines that weave and twist together between political intrigue and otherworldly menaces, and a tired hero who wants to set things right but can't put down his swords until his conscience allows if it ever does.

Coming in 2014 on PC and "all high-end platforms available" (CD Projekt RED isn't saying flat-out that it's a next-gen game, but it's a safe bet that new console announcements in the coming months will define the term "high-end platform"), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stretches from stormy islands to war-torn forests and a sprawling dark fantasy metropolis without a loading screen anywhere to be found.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 19:58 eRe4s3r

On the other hand, there aren't many countries in the world that started 2 world wars.... call it a slow dying German quirk (the same reason our government is still being completely stupid on where to send military aid) You shouldn't forget that those in charge in politics now are still DEEPLY engrained with the whole war cause thing and grew up during the cold war (which was very very cold indeed at the East/West border / post war era that defined them where it was taught in schools that Germans need to somehow feel guilty. This has changed nowadays but the teens and tweens and young adults are not in charge, yet. So yeah, sometimes the German "Index" is pretty damn stupid. But more often than not, I can MOSTLY agree with what's actually denied classification. Dead Island is a good example. That game glorifies violence as MAIN element of the game. And such games are simply taboo here, like nipples and saying fuck are in the state. And for the record, the only reason Dead Island is not playable in Germany is because the publisher was retarded and used Steam as DRM method. And Steam has no age verification system (which it would need to actually sell Mature games in Germany) So steam is to blame on why some games are unavailable that are not on the index, as I said many times before.

But Germany has so many internal problems that I am not expecting this to change anytime soon. A government that changes this, would likely have to be the pirate party (whenever they get a clue how to be a party, that is) with at least 30% of the votes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 19:30 Quinn

I was in a nerd-rage when I first played the first Witcher. The loading times were awful and when you first enter Vizima (after the drag that was the Vizima Outskirts) you entered a volley of quests that made you feel you were playing a CSI game in disguise, moving in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out of whores different areas. I didn't understand what the game was trying to tell me. I ended up accusing everyone I possibly could of being guilty of something, and fuck me I felt that later into the game. Lets just say I didn't make friends...

Anyway, yes. The game DOES get good after the CSI part. Very good.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

33. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 19:19 PHJF

In the source material Geralt basically screws anything female that'll rub up against him.

Well yeah you have to figure, witchers are a)sterile and b)immune to STDs. Them peasant bitches be LININ UP to tap that.

And to anyone concerned, Witcher 2 is better than Witcher 1 by a fair margin. It's more streamlined (in a good way) and except for the tutorial it's a consistently solid experience.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 18:26 SlimRam

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:53:
This will be the fourth attempt.

Maybe we need to start a form of "game club" (like a book club) where we all pledge to play X amount a week.

I would have to be a member of this club also. I've read alot of reviews, amd watched videos online of the first Witcher and I picked it up on the cheap. Well, i've tried a few times to get into this game but yeah....it definitely drags a bit in the beginning. I keep playing for a bit, getting nowhere, and stopping *shrug* I BELIEVE it to be a good game, I suppose I just need to keep hammering at it. I REALLY want to like these games

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

31. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 18:23 xXBatmanXx

Jivaro wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 15:27:

Maybe we need to start a form of "game club" (like a book club) where we all pledge to play X amount a week.

Awesome. Every week a member picks the game that everyone else has to spend "X" amount of time playing. Each week the "chooser" rotates to the next member in the rotation. I would totally join that club.

My first choice would be Freedom Force. Not nearly enough people played that game.

It would probably help me get my list of games played....still need to finish Witcher 1, Witcher 2, all of the STALKER games, Skyrim, Saints Row 1,2,3 (can't remember if 3 is done), Ballad of Gay Tony, 10,000,000, addicted to Don't Starve, addicted to DoD Source still, playing a LOT of CoD Blops 2 with a good group of older dudes...want to get back into DayZ and WarZ.....man...I need to get fired, divorced, sell my house, pawn off my dogs, THEN I will have enough time.......

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

30. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 17:58 El Pit

sauron wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 16:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 15:27:
European developers are generally less restricted. If you aim for a USK18 rating in Germany (largest market in the EU) you basically get away with everything except glorification of violence against humans

That sounds more reasonable than the system here in the US.

Then again, it's subjective and I'm originally from Europe.

If you want to play e.g. Half-Life or TF with robots instead of soldiers, then moving to Germany and buying the game via Steam will make your dream come true!

Really, the censorship in Germany on "brutality" is definitely NOT reasonable in most cases!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

29. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 16:19 sauron

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 15:27:
European developers are generally less restricted. If you aim for a USK18 rating in Germany (largest market in the EU) you basically get away with everything except glorification of violence against humans

That sounds more reasonable than the system here in the US.

Then again, it's subjective and I'm originally from Europe.

Kittens!

28. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 15:27 Jivaro

Awesome. Every week a member picks the game that everyone else has to spend "X" amount of time playing. Each week the "chooser" rotates to the next member in the rotation. I would totally join that club.

My first choice would be Freedom Force. Not nearly enough people played that game.

27. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 15:27 eRe4s3r

And your fans will love you for it. Since there are very very few mature games.... Witcher 3 is just like that Cyberpunk game on my must buy list, because they are the only ones doing mature games.

26. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 15:12 Frijoles

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:38:
I'm the same way, but I'm going to give it another go. And yeah, I see that comment everywhere as well ("Stick with it! It gets better!").

I gave up on Witcher 1 about the same place as everyone else. However, I finished Witcher 2 and then replayed it. I enjoyed it a lot more. I tell my friends to skip 1 and go for 2. If they enjoy it, circle back for the first one. Yeah, there will be confusion, but it's not bad.

25. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 14:53 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 14:50 Flatline

sauron wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 12:18:
PHJF wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 08:43:
How much sexier can they make Triss???

A lot of games are happy to show violence but very few are really comfortable with sex. The Witcher games are totally fine with it, which I kind of like - there's no double standard.

Not sure why they're that way - European developer?

In the source material Geralt basically screws anything female that'll rub up against him.

23. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 14:46 Jivaro

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:38:
I WANT to like the first one...but I've tried to get into it three or four times and just lose interest. Everyone says "you gotta stick with it" but there's something wrong with the story and/or game if I am struggling to maintain interest a few hours in.

I'm the same way, but I'm going to give it another go. And yeah, I see that comment everywhere as well ("Stick with it! It gets better!").

Same boat. My problem is the UI and combat controls. I dislike them to the point of distraction. There can be no doubt about the quality of just about every other aspect of the first Witcher, but I find those two particular aspects very annoying. As a consequence I have not played the second game for fear of spoiling aspects of the first game's story.

The way so many of my friends literally squee all over themselves when talking about the games....I find myself really wanting to like it, and every so often I load it up and give it another go. This will be the fourth attempt.

22. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 14:46 Optional Nickname!

JoeNapalm wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:29:
I WANT to like the first one...but I've tried to get into it three or four times and just lose interest. Everyone says "you gotta stick with it" but there's something wrong with the story and/or game if I am struggling to maintain interest a few hours in.

This is a common complaint, but the solution is as described. You have to stick with The Witcher to get the most out of it.

The levels greatly improve in artistry and functionality, the story begins to make sense, the fetch quests can be managed more easily. You have better potions, you have much much better control over your character in combat and you have better equipment.

Once the Salamandra quests were put behind, once gold talents came into play, once 4 move combos activated, that's when things became interesting.

4 years into my 1st Witcher run-through and I hope I get another 4 years with The Witcher 2.

21. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 14:38 nin

20. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 14:29 JoeNapalm

I think I must not be "hardcore" enough, or something.

(That said...Cyberpunk w/ Pondsmith? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! *thud*)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 13:14 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 11:13:
Actual conversation with coworker last week, while he was running win8 on a VM:

CW: I've got windows 8 running on this, but I can't figure out how to close the window.

Me: Did you swipe the screen?

CW: No.

Me: Swipe the screen.

CW: You're just trying to get fingerprints on my monitor!

Me: If that doesn't work, lick your finger first, then swipe.

If it still won't go, tell him he needs a bigger footprint with the swipe, so to try it with his ass. Grin

Creston

18. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 13:06 nin

W2 $9.99 on steam, and then redeemable on GOG.

edit: Witcher (original) $4.99 also redeemable

17. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 13:05 Quinn

I'm so happy with this announcement. So happy. Really, I'm trying to keep it in but I wanna scream and shout and let it all out singing oooh hey-ooooh hey-ooh-hey-oooh!

...no really, I'm so excited I'm just acting strange. I think I love Geralt...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 12:43 dj LiTh

sauron wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 12:18:
PHJF wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 08:43:
How much sexier can they make Triss???

A lot of games are happy to show violence but very few are really comfortable with sex. The Witcher games are totally fine with it, which I kind of like - there's no double standard.

Not sure why they're that way - European developer?

That would be my guess.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo