Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 5, 2013, 17:30 Asmo

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 09:39:
Canada schools? Cereal? If it's safe as they claim than they should be able to prove it unequivocally and they can't. So caveat emptor. All radiation is dangerous, it's a question of how much.

Yeah, I really dislike how anyone with concerns is instantly dismissed as a kook.

While the fear may prove baseless and irrational, people today are a product of generations of things that were touted as safe and later turned out to be very much not so (thalidomide, asbestos, tobacco etc). And that's before we even get to the possible harm sources where the anecdotal evidence is strong but the jury is still out (high voltage transmission lines etc).

We only really find out about these things when it's too late to do anything about them.

I personally don't have huge concerns about wifi but I don't blame people who do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 5, 2013, 17:20 KS

We have no data to show it is harmful. This doesn't even rise to the level of "precautionary principle". It's been around for years, and EMF for many decades, with no demonstrable issues. No differences between groups exposed and those not exposed.

For there to be a problem, there actually has to be a problem.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 5, 2013, 09:39 Cutter

Canada schools? Cereal? If it's safe as they claim than they should be able to prove it unequivocally and they can't. So caveat emptor. All radiation is dangerous, it's a question of how much.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo