Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Silent Hunter Online Trailer

This new trailer offers a new developer diary with a further look at Silent Hunter Online, Ubisoft's upcoming multiplayer submarine combat game. Here's the latest on the game: "Silent Hunter Online is a free-to-play, browser-based multiplayer submarine simulation game developed by Ubisoft Blue Byte. For the first time in the Silent Hunter series, players will command multiple submarines at the same time. Manage your fleet, construct new U-boats and replenishing supplies are all important aspects of your duties as a fleet commander, and you can access the bunker and depot of your home base at any time to do this."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 5, 2013, 14:37 Flatline

Keith wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 22:33:
I really liked Silent Hunter III. SH IV had too many bugs, and I never picked up SH V because it is widely reported to have even more bugs than SH IV. Still, there is something to be said for cruising the Atlantic (or the Pacific) and trying to stealthily approach convoys so you can nail them broadside with a torpedo strike. Hopefully UBI has learned its lesson on releasing bug-ridden games with draconian DRM. The lack of trust in UBI at this point is evident in less than expected returns on the latest Ghost Recon release, as well as Anno 2070, etc., etc.

SH4 is worth the like 10 bucks you pay these days for it, though you have to mod the fuck out of it. The Trigger Maru mod with the difficulty cranked up kicks my ass like there's no tomorrow, and if you want a more historically accurate Pacific, someone did a campaign called Run Silent Run Deep that redoes most of the major battles and recreates 1000+ historical convoys from the entire war.

SH5 is supposedly decent if you mod the shit out of it and get some user patches to fix crashes/game stopping bugs, but the mods are tempermental and have to be installed from what I last saw once you progress to a certain point in the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 5, 2013, 07:28 KilrathiAce

Looks like UBI managed to totally take this once great series and flush it completely down the toilet. Sad end.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

7. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 5, 2013, 05:48 Julio

Here's guessing you pay for each torpedo.  

6. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 5, 2013, 03:23 Des

Wow, I thought these games were dead in today's modern game market. Like where have all the flight sims gone.  

5. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 5, 2013, 02:27 NKD

Techie714 wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 23:21:
Big fan of SH 3 & 4 but this looks like crap....

Yeah this doesn't seem to have much at all to do with the main series.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 4, 2013, 23:21 Techie714

Big fan of SH 3 & 4 but this looks like crap....  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 4, 2013, 23:03 dj LiTh

I've fond memories of the original Silent Hunter in 96, i've somehow never tried a sequel past the original however. Its amazing how similar this video reminds me of the original that i played nonstop. I remember it even had a short cut key to bring up a word style editor /w fake text on the screen to fake out your boss if he should happen by at the wrong time.

2. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 4, 2013, 22:33 Keith

I really liked Silent Hunter III. SH IV had too many bugs, and I never picked up SH V because it is widely reported to have even more bugs than SH IV. Still, there is something to be said for cruising the Atlantic (or the Pacific) and trying to stealthily approach convoys so you can nail them broadside with a torpedo strike. Hopefully UBI has learned its lesson on releasing bug-ridden games with draconian DRM. The lack of trust in UBI at this point is evident in less than expected returns on the latest Ghost Recon release, as well as Anno 2070, etc., etc.  

1. Re: Silent Hunter Online Trailer Feb 4, 2013, 22:13 jdreyer

I dunno, it doesn't look that interesting. Is anyone looking forward to this?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo