Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Q&As

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 5, 2013, 10:58 HorrorScope

"Obviously having a huge economy, especially in the megaserver environment is going to be a challenge, but we are looking to make sure players never feel poor, but few should ever feel rich"

Sounds vaguely familiar!?!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 5, 2013, 06:59 eRe4s3r

I love how all these cloud gaming things never mention the latency issue..... but for (old style) MMO's it would at least make sense.

I am still hoping MMO's at some point will come up with some new gameplay, apart from pressing numbers while standing around, or jumping around, or circling an enemy..

3. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 5, 2013, 01:54 Creston

Last year’s shake up “was a very traumatic time,” he says. “[But] we now have a feeling that here we are as a company, we have a huge amount of experience with this business model, we can point to the things we have seen don’t work...we have a positive feeling that we can take the leadership here.”

Blablablablabla. How about you talk about how you have NO CUSTOMERS, and thus NO REVENUE.

but imagine what you could create with twelve PlayStation 4consoles lashed together

About the same as what you could do with one Playstation 4 lashed together. Because the latency between the workstations is impossible for gaming, unless it's a turn-based strategy game. (And guess what, we don't need more than one computer for those.)

But I'm sure some dipshit investors will throw money at onLive again. After all, they've already done so in large numbers in the past for their previous shitty idea.

Creston

2. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 21:59 jdreyer

Cloud consoles: OnLives epic plan for a new type of video game.

Let me guess: Turn-based strategy?

Also, this topic header from the start of the article:

Why play a game on one computer when you could use hundreds instead?

Oh, I know the answer to this one! BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE HUNDREDS.

I suppose I shouldn't expect a balaned article from redbull.co.uk.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 21:52 jdreyer

Cool story about Crytek hiring the Vigil team. Darksiders 2 isn't my kind of game, but my nephew loves it, and it got good ratings. Sounds like they're doing something completely different now using the CryEngine, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of this. Good that the team can stay together. And good move by Cevat.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo