Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: F-Bomb Feb 5, 2013, 12:53 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 10:57:
That very evil expletive during celebration killed my kittens and ate my pancakes!

I demand instant reparation. In form of more pancakes and expletive swearing....

Absurd.

It ate your pancakes?! Fuck me, any shit head who swears should be strung up by their bollocks!

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: F-Bomb Feb 5, 2013, 10:57 eRe4s3r

That very evil expletive during celebration killed my kittens and ate my pancakes!

I demand instant reparation. In form of more pancakes and expletive swearing....

Absurd.

3. F-Bomb Feb 5, 2013, 09:28 Quboid

I heard that F-bomb during the Super Bowl. Naturally, I was shocked and appalled.

I wonder what these precious pricks would make of a typical football match in Britain. It amuses me when 40,000 people break into a somewhat sweary song (which happens several times every match) and you can detect some sound engineer trying to make subtle adjustments to muffle the swears but no one really gives a shit.

If a swearword is clearly picked up and broadcast, the commentator or studio presenter will give a quick apology and that's the end of it. The Superb Owl F-Bomb probably wouldn't even have got a quick apology.

The only exception is when a player deliberately swears into a microphone, which happened twice in recent years that I've seen: Didier Drogba after disgraceful refereeing and Wayne Rooney after scoring a goal (and possibly being startled by his own reflection in the camera). These players got a relatively small fine and banned for a couple of matches and then we all moved on, the fabric of society unharmed.

- Quboid

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2013, 22:09 jdreyer

Fox News Host’s Guns Vs. Video Games Argument Doesn’t Make Sense

And in other news, a cloudless sky is blue.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2013, 22:07 jdreyer

No cutting in line for Apple. From the article:

Apple wanted to ensure they couldn't be sold in the US at all, but the company was denied that request because the court felt Apple hadn't proven Samsung's infringement caused "irreparable harm."

Being the most profitable company in America will do that for you.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo