Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced

Paradox Interactive announces Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, an expansion for the strategy RPG Crusader Kings II. This is expected in Q2 of this year, and will include a number of user-requested enhancements. This trailer offers a look at the add-on, and there are details on The Crusader Kings Website. Here's a feature list:

• Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
  • Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
  • Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
  • Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
  • Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground lest your warlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
  • Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
  • Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner
  • Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 15:46 Ceribaen

The prepared invasions could be good... I mostly just wanted to see mercenary companies replenishing themselves throughout the game as every so often you get stuck in a war where you have way more gold than you can spend but not enough bodies to win it decisively... and I wasn't the backstabbing kind of leader either.

That or you had your little piece of country you were waiting 100 years to gain de jure on, and then all of a sudden a major nation wants it back just before... need bodies to throw at them!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 13:11 Wikidd

Just wish they would allow modding succession laws.

I've seen a mod that changes succession laws. I think it's an exe hack, but still. Here it is.

9. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 12:08 ShakaUVM

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:31:
justice7 wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 09:21:
Crusader Kings 2 is an amazingly deep, well crafted game especially in terms of AI. Every NPC has a motivation and various plots that make sense. It may not look like much on the surface, but that's one hell of a spreadsheet going on underneath, a truly truly enjoyable game once you get the hang of it. Also works great in multiplayer.

I highly recommend this game, if you have the patience to learn it.
Agreed. It's an amazing game. (Except for Sunset Invasion, which is horrible - Aztecs get to ignore the normally very strict in-game rules.)

Just wish they would allow modding succession laws.

8. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 11:31 NewMaxx

Crusader Kings 2 is an amazingly deep, well crafted game especially in terms of AI. Every NPC has a motivation and various plots that make sense. It may not look like much on the surface, but that's one hell of a spreadsheet going on underneath, a truly truly enjoyable game once you get the hang of it. Also works great in multiplayer.

The developers do have a strong understanding of history. It's pretty much required when you make a game like this, but I feel it needs to be emphasized. I pour over all the notable historical research of our time and these guys are spot on...it's pretty incredible, actually. Their engine is amazingly open and mod-friendly (you can modify pretty much anything, cheat any way you want, etc.) and it really represents the future of indie game development, IMHO. CK2 is their most accessible game yet...so I had no issue giving them full retail price when I had it shipped from Sweden to the States.

7. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:56 dj LiTh

Quboid wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 09:30:
Yes, I must do that. I got some Paradox DLC that way, just some face packs.

I hear they're putting a cut-down version of the character system into Europa Universalis 4, which should be fantastic. At times in CK2, I just wanted to go invading someone which is more what EU is about, but at the same time, the character system is brilliant. I can understand them cutting it down, as it would be overwhelming along with a full conquest game. Just getting rid of the lowest Count level systems would be fine.

Good call, i think EU4 might be the droid i'm looking for

6. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:39 Will W

Obviously a little too late, but last week Amazon had the crusader Kings pack on sale for $10, Crusader Kings, CK2, and ALL DLC for $10.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2013, 09:45.

5. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:37 Frijoles

This game taught me that I don't, in fact, have as much patience as I thought I did. I think I watched the Let's Play and tutorial videos for longer than I actually played it. Some day I hope to have time to return to it.

4. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:30 Quboid

Yes, I must do that. I got some Paradox DLC that way, just some face packs.

I hear they're putting a cut-down version of the character system into Europa Universalis 4, which should be fantastic. At times in CK2, I just wanted to go invading someone which is more what EU is about, but at the same time, the character system is brilliant. I can understand them cutting it down, as it would be overwhelming along with a full conquest game. Just getting rid of the lowest Count level systems would be fine.

- Quboid

3. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:21 justice7

Quboid wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 09:17:
I love Paradox Development Studio but they really pump these out at a not inconsiderable price each. I got Sword of Islam but not The Republic, the Byzantine expansion and probably not this. If they'd half the price, they'd get 4x the sales - based on my in-depth market analysis of one person.

I'm pretty sure they've been including unholy UIs with many of their games anyway.

watch for deals on steam, they crop up once in a while and believe i've even seen 75% off CK2 and expansions.

2. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:17 Quboid

I love Paradox Development Studio but they really pump these out at a not inconsiderable price each. I got Sword of Islam but not The Republic, the Byzantine expansion and probably not this. If they'd half the price, they'd get 4x the sales - based on my in-depth market analysis of one person.

I'm pretty sure they've been including unholy UIs with many of their games anyway.

- Quboid

1. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:03 Cutter

That sounds pretty sweet. I haven't picked up CKII yet but I think I will when this arrives.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo