Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 5, 2013, 03:43 InBlack

Dung Siege, I like that one. No sarcasm here...I really thought Dung Siege sucked major balls.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 22:20 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 21:14:
Beamer wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:36:
I have no real care about Christ Taylor one way or another,

Then why'd you call him Christ?

Creston

Obviously, he's agnostic.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

17. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 21:14 Creston

I have no real care about Christ Taylor one way or another,

Then why'd you call him Christ?

Creston

16. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 17:56 The Half Elf

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 13:48:
I'll never get this much venom, or such stupid things like "Dung Seige."

Did he hurt you? Yeah, Dungeon Siege wasn't great, but Total Annihilation is still better than any other RTS - it actually ruined them for me.

I have no real care about Christ Taylor one way or another, but it's so damn weird to me that others do.

so you are trying to tell me you've never talked shit about a game, or a developer, or a company.. to any extent?

whatever you say buddy

That's the thing, your just talking SHIT. No Facts, just blathering. I think you need to start a support group with deger.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 15:20 Beamer

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 15:15:
but the simple fact is that subjectivity is not objectivity, no matter how much you want it to be.. no matter how RIGHT!! you feel about it

The simple fact is that your post made you sound like a 12 year old boy.

"Dung Siege, get it? Haha. They should all die in a fire!"

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 15:15 Orphic Resonance

its only "absurd" in your opinion

which is understandable considering you are a fanboy

honestly - im aware of that type of phenomena so none of these reactions are surprising.. go ahead call me a troll or whatever... because im gonna call you FANBOY

but the simple fact is that subjectivity is not objectivity, no matter how much you want it to be.. no matter how RIGHT!! you feel about it

13. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 14:23 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 14:14:
What we lose when we lose CT is a guy who loves to make games. He doesn't do it for the money, or for the fame, or anything like that. He's doing it for the love. He's also trying to do right by his employees and make sure they're taken care of. I actually wish he was less honorable, b/c he may have been able to pull the KS off if he hadn't shut down the studio in the middle of it.
Indeed. The idea that we're somehow better off with Gas Powered Games going out of business is absurd.

What replaces them? Another Activsion/EA cookie cutter studio that gets assigned a random project/IP with no real stake in it.

12. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 14:14 jdreyer

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 12:00:
Panickd wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:40:
Yeah because why would we want anyone to attempt anything new or push gaming into any new areas at all?

its not "new" thats my entire point.. its a cash-in on whats trendy right now, just like all his other games

learn to read

Except that SupCom DID bring innovation to the RTS genre such as dual monitor support built in (one for the map, the other for the action), ability to zoom the map all the way out, and attack coordination. And we have no idea if Wildman is a cash-in b/c it's not even made yet.

What we lose when we lose CT is a guy who loves to make games. He doesn't do it for the money, or for the fame, or anything like that. He's doing it for the love. He's also trying to do right by his employees and make sure they're taken care of. I actually wish he was less honorable, b/c he may have been able to pull the KS off if he hadn't shut down the studio in the middle of it.

I just hope he can rise from the ashes and get Kings and Castles made.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 13:53 Beamer

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 13:48:

Did he hurt you? Yeah, Dungeon Siege wasn't great, but Total Annihilation is still better than any other RTS - it actually ruined them for me.

I have no real care about Christ Taylor one way or another, but it's so damn weird to me that others do.

so you are trying to tell me you've never talked shit about a game, or a developer, or a company.. to any extent?

whatever you say buddy

Well, I've definitely never done the bad pun thing, and I try to make my shit talking constructive rather than "I hope this guy dies in a fire and never gets to release anything and can't hire back all those people he left unemployed two weeks ago that probably can't find another job because the economy sucks and game development is a fairly specific skillset!"

I mean, saying "I don't like this guy's games" is definitely one thing, and saying "I'm glad Chris FAILyure is dying off, he sucked, everything he touches sucks, he should die, his company should die, and it makes me happy" is just childish and makes you sound 12.

And this isn't coming from some fanboy, literally the last game of his I played was Total Annihilation. That was what, 16 years ago?

-------------

10. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 13:48 Orphic Resonance

whatever you say buddy

9. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 13:46 Orphic Resonance

its not out of context at all.. unless you cant fathom your own fallibility

but thats not my problem

8. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 12:21 Panickd

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 12:00:
Yeah because why would we want anyone to attempt anything new or push gaming into any new areas at all?

its not "new" thats my entire point.. its a cash-in on whats trendy right now, just like all his other games

learn to read

Way to quote just what you need and take it out of context. And then try and slam my reading comprehension. Kudos to you, sir. Here's a cookie.

7. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 12:00 Orphic Resonance

learn to read

6. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 11:40 Panickd

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:33:
everyone already had enough of that garbage from Dung Seige

fuck this moron.. his games have always sucked - always trying to cash in on that "tried and true" success formula..

im glad guys like this are dying off.. im hoping molyneux is next

Yeah because why would we want anyone to attempt anything new or push gaming into any new areas at all? If they don't succeed with every experiment and every attempt at changing anything they are loathe-worthy, right? No matter how many times they succeed if they fuck up once they're done.

And you wonder why the market is crowded with COD clones.

5. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 11:36 Beamer

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:33:

fuck this moron.. his games have always sucked - always trying to cash in on that "tried and true" success formula..

-------------

4. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 11:33 Orphic Resonance

3. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 09:13 InBlack

Off topic: Path of Exile is pretty fucking cool. Its definitely a better game than D3 in every way except for graphics. I will reserve judgement on its skill/spec system until Ive played some more but so far its fun and refreshing.  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 09:03 Cutter

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 08:56:
They need $669,000 in 11 days...I don't see it happening.

You know what's going to happen? Not that.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Morning Q&As Feb 4, 2013, 08:56 nin

They need $669,000 in 11 days...I don't see it happening.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo