Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Groundhog Day! No, wait. that's not right... Okay, congratulations to the Ravens (except Ray Lewis) and their fans for winning the Super Bowl. It turned out to be an exciting game, though not as exciting as it would have been had the 49ers completed that comeback, especially with the conspiracy theories that would have provoked based on the wacky power outage. Oh yeah, and that last play was holding, if not pass interference. As Steve Mariucci would say, "bummer."

Okay, on to next season: The Giants pick 19th in the draft, which kicks off in late April. Kansas City Chiefs, you are officially on the clock.

R.I.P.: RIP trossi (Finnish scener). Amiga Monitor creator Timo Rossi aka XYZ-Soft. Thanks Morris.

Super Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: noitcelfeR 2.
Geo Guns. Thanks Google Maps Mania.
Stories: Super Bowl Commercials 2013: Grading the Best & Worst Ads.
Adele confirmed to perform ‘Skyfall’ live at the Oscars.
Science: The Secret Genius of Dogs.
Images: Window washers at a children's hospital. So awesome.
Media: Super Bowl Commercials from Feb. 3, 2013.
Iron Man 3 - Extended Super Bowl Spot (HD). Thanks Fantaz.
Russian Artillery In Slow Motion - (16000 Frames Per Second).
The Funnies: xkcd: Expedition.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 11:45 Mr. Tact

Ray Lewis and his entourage were in a scuffle with another group at a night club. Two men were stabbed to death in the confrontation. Lewis and others left (fled?) the club. Lewis and two others were indicted for murder. Lewis made a plea bargain, pleading guilty to misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice and agreeing to testify against the other two men. The "white suit" Lewis was wearing at the club that night was never recovered.

Lewis got 12 months probation and eventually had out of court settlements with the families of the other two men. The other two men were eventually acquitted of the charges. One of them is writing a book, and supposedly claims the killings were in "self-defense".

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 11:38 siapnar

So I don't really know the whole murder story behind Ray Lewis, but there seems to be a lot of hate for him here.

Is it because you think he did commit murder, or is it because he snitched on his friends at a whim, or is it something he did in his NFL career?

Please give me some quick coles notes

I have projectile dysfunction.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 11:11 Verno

Disappointed SF lost after that comeback but at least it was an exciting game.

Just goes to show that people don't always get what they deserve (Ray Lewis).

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 10:37 Creston

Leon Sandcastle was by far the best ad of the entire night.

"Sandcastle? He looks like an ugly Deion Sanders!"

Creston

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 10:21 dj LiTh

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 10:13:
I still think cats just can't be arsed to bother, since many thousand years of living with us taught them that if we commit to them, they don't have to do anything to get food and care...

I admit, the love a dog can give you makes dogs still kind of superior.. for human affection needs. But as a pet, a cat is superb ;p Dogs are like, full family members, and often demand as much attention by the humans. Cats, regard us as their subjects. They may grace us with their presence, and they may allow (more often than not, DEMAND) to be cuddled, but they will never do anything they don't want to do.

A cat doesn't love you, it tolerates you!

True, although when you have to take a trip for a week, the cat gets excited as the prospect of having more food, whereas a dog would commit suicide after the 2nd day.

Also reminds me of a saying: Dogs have companions, Cats have servants.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 10:19 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 10:13:
I still think cats just can't be arsed to bother, since many thousand years of living with us taught them that if we commit to them, they don't have to do anything to get food and care...

I admit, the love a dog can give you makes dogs still kind of superior.. for human affection needs. But as a pet, a cat is superb ;p Dogs are like, full family members, and often demand as much attention by the humans. Cats, regard us as their subjects. They may grace us with their presence, and they may allow (more often than not, DEMAND) to be cuddled, but they will never do anything they don't want to do.

Yeah I think 'domesticated' cat is all assbackwards. More like 'catbroken' human....

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 10:13 eRe4s3r

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 10:07 Will W

I thought the offensive player initiated the contact, and that the no-call was a good one. The ball was catch-able, and it did land on the stripe, however when it was "catch high" it was in-bounds, or at least reachable for someone who was in-bounds.

Anyone else have the winning score on their squares till that safety? Cost me a $1000 end of game prize, and I saw it coming a mile away....but I was hoping they wouldn't do it since a free-kick could tie it....and Akers kicking off a tee is one of the more dangerous guys out there.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 09:26 Mr. Tact

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 09:19:
Even the ball landed in bounds in the end zone, so yes it was catchable.
Err, that's not what I remember -- but if true I'd be willing to change my opinion on the matter. I'll check the DVR when I get home tonight.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 09:19 dj LiTh

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 09:04:
Blue wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 08:52:
Oh yeah, and that last play was holding, if not pass interference.
Yes and no. Yes, he was held -- however the throw was uncatchable -- if he had not been impeded he couldn't have caught the ball in bounds.

Even the ball landed in bounds in the end zone, so yes it was catchable.

Also interesting that there wasnt a holding call the entire game, on this play as well Holding on safety play

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 09:18 InBlack

I had no idea cats had double the neruons of dogs. I assume they meant dogs of comparable size. Respect.  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 09:17 Cutter

If should have been flagged. And I it boggles the mind they failed to capitalize on it - the last 1st and goal I mean. SF did some other boneheaded stuff too. The game really was theirs to lose. It just makes me sick to my stomach that pigs like Lewis are rewarded for their behavior. And none of the media will dare say the same even though they all feel that way too. Cowards! Hats off to the Ravens coaching staff for whoever came up with that safety play at the end. That was a brilliant bit of play making and really won them the game.

Anyway, if Green Bay can stay healthy next year they'll win it all. Actually I should say if the O line gets their shit together and give Rodgers some goddamned pass protection. That guy sees more sacks than a medieval grain merchant!

P.S. And yes, that dog article is interesting. And yes, those window washers rule for doing that!

P.P.S. And Donald Driver is retiring this week too. Sad to see him go, but at least he retired a Packer and went out the way he played...gracefully. DD is one of my favourite players...and sportsmen of all time. The epitome of class.

P.P.P.S Most of those Superbowl ads were lame. The Milk one with the Rock wasn't bad, but the Leon Sandcastle one with Deon Sanders made me LMAO!

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2013, 09:55.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2013, 09:04 Mr. Tact

Blue wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 08:52:
Oh yeah, and that last play was holding, if not pass interference.
Yes and no. Yes, he was held -- however the throw was uncatchable -- if he had not been impeded he couldn't have caught the ball in bounds.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo