Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's this week's report of the 10 bestselling games on Steam:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  4. Antichamber
  5. Sleeping Dogs
  6. Omerta: City of Gangsters
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  8. Arma II: Combined Operations
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Season Pass
  10. DmC: Devil May Cry

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 23:33 Creston

Rigs wrote on Feb 3, 2013, 20:55:
And Euro Truck Sim 2 went where? *annoyed*

=-Rigs-=

Niche title, buddy. It was never going to stay around long.

/goes back to driving cargo to Bratislava.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 23:31 Creston

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 3, 2013, 15:18:
i wish the skyrim main storyline quest was much more integrated with the game.. like a Mount and Blade style thing happening where you recruit forces and fight armies and take towns and cities and so forth...

yeh that would be sweet

The civil war storyline has that, to an extent. It's not really part and parcel of the main storyline, since why would you need to fight armies and take towns to stop the Dragons?

Even so, the engine is highly unsuited for huge combats. There was a mod called (I believe) Skyrim Warzone that had huge amounts of Imperials and Nords fighting each other in specific areas, and it made the entire thing really fucking unstable. Few people ever got that to run for more than an hour without crashes and hosed savegames.

Oscuro was also planning on doing something similar for OOO 1.4 in Oblivion, where a Daedric Gate would open, and Daedric forces would actually come out and start attacking towns, but he finally gave up on it because the engine would always crap out.

Maybe in the next one...

Creston

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 20:55 Rigs

And Euro Truck Sim 2 went where? *annoyed*

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 16:55 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 3, 2013, 14:50:
Ugh... Skyrim needs to fall out of the top ten for a month or two, so they start dicounting the base price. It'll never get to my $9.99 level at this rate.
Yeah, I dont think I'll wait that long. Maybe when it hits $15, or $25 GotY.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 15:18 Orphic Resonance

i wish the skyrim main storyline quest was much more integrated with the game.. like a Mount and Blade style thing happening where you recruit forces and fight armies and take towns and cities and so forth...

yeh that would be sweet

4. Re: Off Topic Feb 3, 2013, 14:56 Techie714

On a side note, I recently purchased one of those Korean IPS 27" monitors that a lot of folks are raving about on the interwebz. I havew to say I've been using it for a week & LOVE it. The brightness, color calibration, & overall display performance is breath taking. Playing games at 2560x1440 is so awesome..lol. If you're in the market for a really nice 27" IPS panel and dont mind taking a minor risk check out one of these Shimian Achieva displays. You can find them on Ebay with free shipping for around $350.00. Sure beats the retail of 800+..lol.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 14:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh... Skyrim needs to fall out of the top ten for a month or two, so they start dicounting the base price. It'll never get to my $9.99 level at this rate.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 14:41 Techie714

Nice to see Sleeping Dogs in the top 5, it was a great game. I'm not sure about the new Skyrim DLC, I really hated the main story of Skyrim wonder if this will be more of the same "Dragonborn/Chosen one, etc...  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 14:01 Dev

I'm not surprised to see skyrim DLC start at the top of the chart. I am surprised though to not also see skyrim itself carried into the top #5 along with it  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo