Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Game Reviews Feb 5, 2013, 03:54 FalconerHG

Unfortunately so.

Well, at least no one will accuse us of not having our own opinion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 4, 2013, 12:01 Orphic Resonance

you are in the minority with that review  

3. Re: Omerta Feb 4, 2013, 03:36 FalconerHG

Yup, this is the review.

Impressed is perhaps a bit too strong a word, but I'm definitely very positive about the game. Omerta is different from the mold and while I was playing it, I already had a feeling that it would not please everyone.

I think that is mostly because expectations. I've been getting a little ticked off seeing other reviews make statements like "The idea sounded so good, a city builder with XCOM-style combat...". Just because Haemimont did a couple of city builders, Omerta is one? And XCOM is in a league of its own. Kalypso never advertised either of these things and Omerta was never meant to be either.

And of course "expectations" formed earlier than those reviews. Personally I too was hoping for a big map, and I was hoping for more RTS play, just like you. My own expectations (or hopes) were that this would be like Gangsters: Organized Crime. It took me an hour or so to shake that idea.

After I managed that, I could judge the game on its own merits and really started enjoying it. I really did want to play more when I finished the game, which means a lot to me when I score.

2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2013, 23:10 D4rkKnight

Would have loved to have seen this as an open-ended game as opposed to a mission based game.  

1. Omerta Feb 3, 2013, 13:13 Quboid

FalconerHG, is that the Omerta review you mentioned about a week ago? You seem impressed, I must say I'm a little disappointed. Every level has you doing basically the same thing, the same problem that Tropico 3+4 had, but at least they have more variation in that different businesses need different resources and such like.

Are all the city levels as small as in the demo? I was expecting one map, not a small map of one neighbourhood, and a proper RTS back and forth fight. The tactical battles are very good, but if they're samey too, that might get old.

- Quboid

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo