Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: etc. Feb 3, 2013, 20:17 Krizzen

Rhino wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:22:
ASeven wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:03:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 18:29:
$237.7 M of revenue for Mojang. Astounding.

While EA keeps losing money, Mojang makes it. Guess the industry is no longer what it was a couple years ago.

Well, that has a lot to do with spending, too. If money were booze then Mojang stores it up like a fine wine, sipping only that which it needs. EA goes on a bender and then pisses it all away after a few hours, hoping that it does something awesome while under the influence.

If I was drinking milking, I would've blown it all out my nose. Thanks for that!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 3, 2013, 16:11 UConnBBall

The ability for ZiffDavis to once again be the boss of 1UP is SO SAD!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 12:36 Rigs

Rhino wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:22:

While EA keeps losing money, Mojang makes it. Guess the industry is no longer what it was a couple years ago.

Well, that has a lot to do with spending, too. If money were booze then Mojang stores it up like a fine wine, sipping only that which it needs. EA goes on a bender and then pisses it all away after a few hours, hoping that it does something awesome while under the influence.

*goes to click 'Like' button*

Where the hell is the 'Like' button?! Geezus, Blue, get with the times!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Rhino...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

5. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 22:22 Rhino

4. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 22:03 ASeven

3. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 20:47 nin

Krizzen wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 19:12:
From the article:

"Now, all of the sudden, as a result of how modern society works, I managed to somehow earn a shit-ton of money,"

Cool beans. Minecraft has definitely been a breath of fresh air, favoring creativity instead of destruction. Oh, and it doesn't hurt redstone circuits are turing complete. Nothing is quite as satisfying as building your own ALU multiplayer-style.

Agreed - good for him! He made a fun little game that connected with a lot of people.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 19:12 Krizzen

From the article:

"Now, all of the sudden, as a result of how modern society works, I managed to somehow earn a shit-ton of money,"

Cool beans. Minecraft has definitely been a breath of fresh air, favoring creativity instead of destruction. Oh, and it doesn't hurt redstone circuits are turing complete. Nothing is quite as satisfying as building your own ALU multiplayer-style.

1. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 18:29 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo