Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: etc. Feb 3, 2013, 20:17 Krizzen

Rhino wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:22:
ASeven wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:03:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 18:29:
$237.7 M of revenue for Mojang. Astounding.

While EA keeps losing money, Mojang makes it. Guess the industry is no longer what it was a couple years ago.

Well, that has a lot to do with spending, too. If money were booze then Mojang stores it up like a fine wine, sipping only that which it needs. EA goes on a bender and then pisses it all away after a few hours, hoping that it does something awesome while under the influence.

If I was drinking milking, I would've blown it all out my nose. Thanks for that!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 3, 2013, 16:11 UConnBBall

The ability for ZiffDavis to once again be the boss of 1UP is SO SAD!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2013, 12:36 Rigs

Rhino wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 22:22:

While EA keeps losing money, Mojang makes it. Guess the industry is no longer what it was a couple years ago.

Well, that has a lot to do with spending, too. If money were booze then Mojang stores it up like a fine wine, sipping only that which it needs. EA goes on a bender and then pisses it all away after a few hours, hoping that it does something awesome while under the influence.

*goes to click 'Like' button*

Where the hell is the 'Like' button?! Geezus, Blue, get with the times!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Rhino...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

5. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 22:22 Rhino

4. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 22:03 ASeven

3. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 20:47 nin

Krizzen wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 19:12:
From the article:

"Now, all of the sudden, as a result of how modern society works, I managed to somehow earn a shit-ton of money,"

Cool beans. Minecraft has definitely been a breath of fresh air, favoring creativity instead of destruction. Oh, and it doesn't hurt redstone circuits are turing complete. Nothing is quite as satisfying as building your own ALU multiplayer-style.

Agreed - good for him! He made a fun little game that connected with a lot of people.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 19:12 Krizzen

From the article:

"Now, all of the sudden, as a result of how modern society works, I managed to somehow earn a shit-ton of money,"

Cool beans. Minecraft has definitely been a breath of fresh air, favoring creativity instead of destruction. Oh, and it doesn't hurt redstone circuits are turing complete. Nothing is quite as satisfying as building your own ALU multiplayer-style.

1. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2013, 18:29 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo