Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments Announced

Focus Home Interactive announces Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, a new installment in their series of games based on the consulting detective. The previous game in the series, The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, marked a switch from a point-and-click interface, and the new game switches from their proprietary game engine to Epic's Unreal Engine 3. These screenshots show off the new look of the game, which is coming to PCs and consoles at an unannounced future date, and here's more on how it departs from their previous Sherlock Holmes games:

Unlike the previous adventures of Sherlock Holmes, in Crimes and Punishments you will not be a mere spectator during the detective’s investigation. It is now your turn to truly become Sherlock Holmes and lead your own investigation--actually, your investigations, as 8 captivating cases await you! Murders, disappearances, spectacular thefts, and other investigations will bring you to the cutting edge of the detective genre and these cases will be the bread and butter of this game, written in the pure tradition of Conan Doyle’s novels. Each case offers real freedom to players, who will have to make important moral choices instead of simply enforcing justice by the book. All decisions have an influence in the game and affect your character’s reputation in addition to having realistic, sometimes unexpected, consequences. You will have to bear the weight of your choices, as Crimes and Punishments offers an exciting system of actions/consequences that forces players to think before acting by giving true depth to every decision they make.

In Crimes and Punishments, players will embody a Sherlock Holmes with a brand new look. Developers at Frogwares have abandoned the classic Sherlock Holmes inspired by the 60s Sherlock movies, replacing him with a more modern character perfectly matching the new artistic ambitions of the title.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments Announced Feb 2, 2013, 13:56 saluk

These games are quirky no doubt, but I have enjoyed them. The Cthulhu one the most for obvious reasons. One of my favorite Holmes-related works is A Study in Emerald, if you haven't read that you don't know what you are missing

I am not sure about this non-linear stuff. It doesn't seem like it would be frogwares forte to do that kind of gameplay. But we'll see. At least they have abandoned their aging engine - they are using unreal now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments Announced Feb 2, 2013, 01:54 LaxerFL

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 23:46:
LaxerFL wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 23:29:
I enjoyed Testament so here's hoping this one will be just as good! It certainly looks good...

You enjoyed the testicles of SH did you?

Nice to see they're bring the games up to date, sorta kinda.

;-) I love Robert Downey Jr. sooo much!!

2. Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments Announced Feb 1, 2013, 23:46 Cutter

LaxerFL wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 23:29:
I enjoyed Testament so here's hoping this one will be just as good! It certainly looks good...

You enjoyed the testicles of SH did you?

Nice to see they're bring the games up to date, sorta kinda.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments Announced Feb 1, 2013, 23:29 LaxerFL

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo