Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released

Double Fine announces, Amnesia Fortnight 2012, a collection of all five Amnesia Fortnight prototypes created during their annual prototyping project late last year. There will be boxed (autographed copies available) and downloadable versions of the package, which comprises Spacebase DF-9, Hack 'n' Slash, Black Lake, Autonomous, and White Birch along with a couple of other prototypes, two documentaries, and a soundtrack. This trailer introduces the whole shebang. Thanks Joystiq.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released May 9, 2013, 18:37 Quinn

Not following this news, I actually thought this was ABOUT Amnesia. Thought these were the prototypes for Amnesia 2.

Spacebase DF-9, Black Lake.. etc. I was getting excited xD

Now I'm not anymore. -_-

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released May 9, 2013, 16:56 nin

Just got an email that mine shipped, if anyone else ordered these...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 16:27 Dev

Also, this is a much better "trailer" of AF2012 (it was done for the humble bundle) than the one blue linked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTl2V3EDJik

8. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 15:55 shul

I, too, like df and gave money to the kickstarter and humble bundle. But fair warning: these are really prototypes full of holes and not really playable for longer than 10 minutes or so. The documentaries are awesome though and that alone worth the money  

7. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 15:48 Dev

wtf_man wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 10:53:
As much as I like Tim Schaffer, Ron Gilbert, and the team at Double Fine... I'm a bit more conservative about giving up cash. When They complete the Kickstarter Adventure Game... I will be happy to support them more.
Or, if you had donated during humble bundle, when they were hosting the live streams, hosting the daily documentaries, and hosting the finished prototypes, it could have been yours for about a buck

BTW, if anyone did do that, don't forget to watch the finished daily summaries, they are quite good:
http://www.humblebundle.com/double-fine
killer_roach wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 13:01:
They do this every year.
Yep, and they budget for those 2 weeks every year, and schedule things so that those 2 weeks every year are taken into account. I very much enjoyed watching the daily videos of that 2 week process. Some businesses do a company wide retreat, DF does a company wide creative juice jumpstarter. Basically they operate similar valve for 2 weeks, working on whatever they want. People get so psyched up and so into the projects, they work weekends and late nights during that 2 weeks, even knowing they will never get reimbursed and the game they are working on may not ever get sold. As additional benefits, they try to pitch these prototypes to publishers and a number of their previous games have come from amnesia fortnights like this (stacking, costume quest, iron brigade are among them).

Also, DF has multiple projects going on simultaneously. They budget and schedule each one independently. I was impressed by how they knew ahead of time for the adventure game it was going to go over schedule/budget at their current scope/pace, and were trying to change things in advance. That kinda evaluation is HEALTHY and ALL software companies should be doing something like that. A lot of kickstarters and first time companies, they only figure out that stuff after they've run out of money and its too late.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2013, 16:36.

6. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 13:51 saluk

Taking a break and working on other projects for a short time is a great way to jostle around those creative juices. By selling this, I wonder if they are hoping to put some of that money into Reds. A lot better than doing another kickstarter.

They are working on other stuff than Reds. For instance The Cave just came out, that was done by another team. This is also good for everyone to let all the different double fine teams work together.

Lets not be like publishers and get too concerned with the micro details - that's not why we have the privilege of being allowed to see those micro details. Obviously they were too ambitious, but I'd rather wait and get something better.

As with Reds, I think I am more interested in the footage than the games lol.

5. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 13:01 killer_roach

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 12:38:
Ok, now I'm starting to get pissed.

'Give us money to make game X', that I get. What I don't get is how all this other stuff is being made and with what money. From the trailer they split up the entire company into small groups to make separate OTHER games for 2 weeks.

They do this every year.

4. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 12:38 The Half Elf

Ok, now I'm starting to get pissed.

'Give us money to make game X', that I get. What I don't get is how all this other stuff is being made and with what money. From the trailer they split up the entire company into small groups to make separate OTHER games for 2 weeks.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 10:53 wtf_man

As much as I like Tim Schaffer, Ron Gilbert, and the team at Double Fine... I'm a bit more conservative about giving up cash. When They complete the Kickstarter Adventure Game... I will be happy to support them more.

Remember... that was supposed to be out in October. I understand the scope creep, so I'm not really complaining... but at the same time, I feel they need to make good on that deal, before I continue support.

Maybe I'll buy this after the Adventure game is done.

2. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 04:07 Sepharo

Tumbler wrote on Feb 2, 2013, 03:16:
I..I really want that boxed set...I'm not really sure why because I have no interest in the content...I think I just really like this company and want to give them money.

How do they do that.

Maybe it's the brick walls, I definitely dig their office.

Are you watching their documentary for the adventure game?

It's not too late to buy-in still and watch the first 7 episodes (and 6 side episodes). http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay/

1. Re: Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Released Feb 2, 2013, 03:16 Tumbler

I..I really want that boxed set...I'm not really sure why because I have no interest in the content...I think I just really like this company and want to give them money.

How do they do that.

Maybe it's the brick walls, I definitely dig their office.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo