Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dirty Bomb Alpha Access

The Dirty Bomb Founder's Club is now accepting members, offering access to the closed alpha testing of Dirty Bomb for those willing to commit in advance to Splash Damage's upcoming multiplayer combat game. They offer three tiers of membership, though only the as-much-as-two-games $120.00 level (said to be a $170.00 value) will get immediate access, while the $30.00 ($50.00 value) and $60 ($115 value) tiers are promised "priority access" to alpha and beta testing. Here's the pitch:

Dirty Bomb is a brand-new multiplayer combat game made for PC.

We have always believed that multiplayer is more thrilling than single player. Were dedicated to the perfection of team play. We are committed to developing games that our fans can enjoy for months and years.

Weve taken the unprecedented step of opening up Dirty Bombs alpha for private testing by fans. Sign up now to help shape Dirty Bomb!

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 2, 2013, 22:08 Jerykk

This looks remarkably similar to Brink, only far more generic.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 21:15 xXBatmanXx

KTR wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 11:34:
Got love that we have to pay to test their game! After the Brink fiasco, Splash Damage should pay us.

Yup. Was burned by Brink - never again. Even looks a lot like Brink....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 20:06 Axis

There's only 3 games I "paid for" before release. Minecraft, PoE, and Miner Wars.

Two outta 3 aint bad, so passing on this one will keep my ratio in the positive...

Ya the new 'founders' crap is getting out of hand, a way for companies to release crap and still get rewarded is never good...

Yours truly,

Axis

20. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 19:49 Rea1One

Pretty standard pricing for F2P games to do these Founders packages.  

19. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 19:20 Sleep

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 09:31:

I could care less if they ask. Why anyone would buy this crap for an unseen freemium game in the first place boggles my mind however. Whatever, it's there money and no sweat off my sack.

Could NOT, I couldn't care less. Could care less means youre still caring. As for the game, no chance.

18. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 18:16 Closed Betas

"Hi suckers play three times the price before seeing our game.. but no fret, it will be in this same shit condition as launch like our last three.."

Hey devs, your morons and we now know it... We won't pay 69.99 for a triple aaa at release, you think your going to get 120 for an alpha... lol good luck with your 6 sales, you've insured my disinterest forever.. Not only will you tank.. you now have a fan base that is going to ENJOY YOUR TANKING

17. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 18:00 Flatline

Tumbler wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:47:
The game play footage looked better than I expected but those prices are crazy. I assume f2p grind a thon?

It looked like TF2 without the personality. I saw zero innovative gameplay at all during that teaser. Why should that game get my gaming time and money compared to, say, Tribes?

16. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 14:53 jacobvandy

Nope.  

15. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 14:38 Wash Washburne

Don't forget the Contributors Pack for $240 USD and super awesome, uber cool VIP Founders Pack for $320 USD....!!!
Ugh....no thanks..!!

14. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 13:34 Warskull

w00tie wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 09:57:
I like the Enemy Territory games. But everything they've done since then has been garbage.

In the case of Brink it was a whole new level of garbage. That was one of the most unfinished, half assed games I have ever seen. Brink was terrible.

13. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 13:32 netnerd85

"Splash Damage", *runs the other way screaming*

Ok... I may have installed Quake Wars again and am enejoying it more than ever... but Brink sucked really, really badly.

12. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 13:05 Redmask

nin wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 09:14:
They offer three tiers of membership, though only the as-much-as-two-games $120.00 level (said to be a $170.00 value) will get immediate access, while the $30.00 ($50.00 value) and $60 ($115 value) tiers are promised "priority access" to alpha and beta testing.

This shit is getting out of hand...

Yeah this is just getting ridiculous. These guys just bombed their last two products, they can't seriously think people are going to give them that kind of money for alpha access.

11. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 12:57 DangerDog

Free to Fail, no thanks Splashdamage.  

10. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 12:56 Bard

First it was MMO
Now it's microtransactions

I yearn for the days when you could buy a game and you owned it, you could play it online or offline, you could sell it if you wanted to, and it worked, and it wasn't compiling your personal information for resale.

9. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 12:12 Omni

Anyone who buys into this is a fucking retard that's for sure.  

8. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 11:34 KTR

Got love that we have to pay to test their game! After the Brink fiasco, Splash Damage should pay us.  

7. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 11:03 Sty

This is nothing more than a different approach of crowd funding that the developer controls. No time line expiration, still rewarding folks for their investment into the game, etc... I'm sure we'll see more evolution of this concept. If consumers dig it, I'm sure it will continue.  

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

6. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 10:59 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 09:14:
They offer three tiers of membership, though only the as-much-as-two-games $120.00 level (said to be a $170.00 value) will get immediate access, while the $30.00 ($50.00 value) and $60 ($115 value) tiers are promised "priority access" to alpha and beta testing.

This shit is getting out of hand...

You can say that again...

5. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 10:47 Tumbler

The game play footage looked better than I expected but those prices are crazy. I assume f2p grind a thon?  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 09:57 w00tie

I like the Enemy Territory games. But everything they've done since then has been garbage.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo