Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned

Paradox Interactive announces plans for War of the Roses Kingmaker Edition, a new gold edition of Fatshark's melee action game expected late this quarter. They also announce plans to release a free trial version of the game next week, and cap off the news by unveiling plans for a new premium DLC pack "soon," starring "famously boisterous" British actor Brian Blessed. Oh yeah, and to cap off that cap, they also have word on a new free "outside the law" Robin Hood content update for all editions of the game. There will be a live stream for War of the Roses on Twitch today at 2:00 pm EST, and here's word:

In War of the Roses: Kingmaker, loyalists to the house of York or Lancaster will now have access to the content available since release, including the previously exclusive armor sets for both the red and white rose. Kingmaker will also introduce two new game modes—Assault and Assault Castle—where knights will face new attack and defense scenarios that aim to truly test their skill as a team.

A free trial version of War of the Roses is also planned for release February 6, which will allow anyone to download and play the game without cost. The trial version will include access to all online battles, enabling aspiring warriors to fight alongside all existing players – paid or trial. The trial version will limit players by disallowing any unlocks, giving access only to the game’s base classes and weapons, giving trial players a chance to live true knighthood.

In addition, Paradox will soon release a new premium DLC for War of the Roses, starring famously boisterous British actor BRIAN BLESSED as a new narrator for the game. Blessed’s booming voice will inspire knights by announcing in-game events and warnings, giving new meaning to the iconic command to “Kill the enemy!”

On top of all of these new editions, all versions of War of the Roses are scheduled to receive new content in the form of the new “Outside the Law” update, which will add an all new deep forest map to the game’s selection, along with armor pieces Robin of Loxley would be proud of.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned Feb 1, 2013, 17:43 Sir Graves

I'll be totally interested in trying it when/if they ever add a first-person view option. Until then, I won't even try it when it's free. I personally think that them locking it to a third-person ONLY perspective (and not even giving you an option to go first), is part of what's hurting the game and keeping it from truly catching on. Third-person just isn't all that epic and exciting for a combat game like this--especially one that at least tries to be somewhat historically accurate. Too arcade-y.

That's the main reason I, too (like many others), chose Chivalry over WotR. Chivalry's combat is just soooo intense and visceral! Play it in third-person, however, and it loses much of that intensity. Should be a lesson to Paradox.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned Feb 1, 2013, 11:43 shinchan0s

WotR is just... bad. Compared to Chivalry anyway. It's more polished than Chivalry, but the combat looks so awkward. It's like M&B except that people take waaaaaay more hits before dying.

I thought I liked M&B's mechanics more than Chivalry, but Chivalry has really grown on me after spending more time learning combos and feinting. Chivalry is just DUMB FUN and I'd rather play it than M&B which is getting really old. Seriously, the game has me shouting "AGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAATTTTTHHHAAAAA" in real life.

1. Re: War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned Feb 1, 2013, 09:49 Warskull

The game has been dead since November, it doesn't even pull down enough players to register on steam stats anymore. Plus Chivalry is superior in every single way.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo