Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

My NFL picks this postseason prove that I am not infallible in this area, but I am usually more decisive than I've been about picking a winner in the Super Bowl, as I've been on the fence since the participants were announced. I'm torn personally, as I like John Harbaugh better than Jim, but there's no player in the league I dislike more than Ray Lewis, which is probably the most prominent personal opinion that plays into this. In the end, I can't shake the feeling that the 49ers will get it done... which is probably half faith in them, and half my intense desire to not have to watch a celebratory squirrel dance and the accompanying squirrely self-righteousness.

Bonus picks: Adrian Peterson MVP, RG3 Rookie of the Year, and Peyton Manning Comeback player of the year.

R.I.P.: Ed Koch, mayor who became a symbol of NYC, dies.

Squirrelly Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Nano Kingdoms 2: Joker's Revenge.
Stories: Soldier admits shooting man trying to cure hiccups. Deny it worked.
Science: The Cost of Exploring Space: Film vs. Reality. Thanks j.c.f.
Media: Wreck it Richard (Hotline Miami VS. Your Childhood). Thanks Fantaz.
'Game of Thrones'- The Board Game.
Facebook Police.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2013, 01:39 xXBatmanXx

I would like Ravens to win for Birk, but hope that Ray Lewis dies of herpes the night before the game. He is a killer. Plain and simple.

The NFL will make a huge mistake by putting him in the HoF. His religion can't save him.

That being said - I really want the Niners to win anyway - but hope Moss dies of herpes the night before the game.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2013, 01:27 xXBatmanXx

sauron wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 11:09:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:31:
Question for our friends across the pond in Britannia. Yesterday I heard an English chap refer to makeup as "slap" - he said, 'She looks pretty good without the slap.' Now I know woman always say 'Let me slap on some makeup.' But I've never heard someone refer to it that way before. Do people in Britain actually refer to it as that?

I'm originally from London although I've been in NYC for 15 years. Never heard it called that in either city. Sounds like fake cockney slang, unless the guy's genuinely from East/South London.

A slapper, on the other hand, is a lady of questionable virtue and/or appearance. That one's used all over the south of England, usually by greasy youths in dodgy nightclubs (as in 'I don't like yours much... proper slapper').

I think you mean a flapper, not a slapper.......

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 23:41 PropheT

StratX wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 13:00:
Blue -
Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Ray Lewis. I heard he killed the deer for that antler stuff and then buried his orange hunting suit.

I heard that four of his friends have all claimed to have done it, and that Ray doesn't know what a deer even is and was somewhere else at the time.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 22:32 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 17:02:
Related to Film vs. Exploring space, I offer this vid on why faking the moon landing was not possible, technically.

That video is actually pretty entertaining. Of course, there are people who say they think it was faked. There are people who say they think the world is flat. *shrug*

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 20:18  Blue 

Shok wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 19:07:
Peterson MVP and comeback player of the year!

Except Peterson was injured so late last year, he still had a great season, so he made a tremendous comeback from the injury, but but he did not have a comeback season, because in that sense, he never went away.

As for the question about the Koch days: He was mayor during a time when the city was dirtier, more crime-ridden, and corrupt. And it was better that way. At least that's how my memory is making it out to be.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 19:07 Shok

Peterson MVP and comeback player of the year!  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 17:41 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 17:02:
Related to Film vs. Exploring space, I offer this vid on why faking the moon landing was not possible, technically.

There are STILL people who believe that? (that it was fake)

Creston

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 17:02 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 16:16 NegaDeath

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 16:05:
Btw, did you guys see the trailer for that new movie?

(NSFW without headphones.)

Creston

Not the bewbs! And hey it even guest stars Mr Feeny. No wait that isn't his real name, I meant KITT.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 16:05 Creston

Btw, did you guys see the trailer for that new movie?

(NSFW without headphones.)

Creston

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 13:00 StratX

Blue -
Couldn't agree more with your assessment of Ray Lewis. I heard he killed the deer for that antler stuff and then buried his orange hunting suit.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 12:52 Verno

SF by 4, I hope  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 12:09 Angrius Maximis

As I like to say: Ray Lewis gets another "STAB" at a Superbowl title. Cant stand him either  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:49 Mr. Tact

My sentiments match up pretty well with you, Blue. And mostly for that reason I'm hoping for a 49er blowout. However, I'll predict just a win 31-24.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:30 dj LiTh

9ers win 31-21, Luck Rookie MVP, Peterson MVP  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:14 Cutter

nin wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:36:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:29:
Hey Blue, what do you remember of the Ed Koch days in NYC?

He knows the time, with the fresh gucci watch...

Beasties ftw always!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:11 Creston

Also, to reiterate, Ravens win Superbowl 24-17.

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:10 Creston

I only lived in London for six months, but never heard it called slap. May be something new, or just may be something that's only used by a tiny, tiny segment.

Really the only noun version of slap I've ever heard of is a tank-slapper. TOP GEAR FTW!

Creston

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 11:09 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:31:
Question for our friends across the pond in Britannia. Yesterday I heard an English chap refer to makeup as "slap" - he said, 'She looks pretty good without the slap.' Now I know woman always say 'Let me slap on some makeup.' But I've never heard someone refer to it that way before. Do people in Britain actually refer to it as that?

I'm originally from London although I've been in NYC for 15 years. Never heard it called that in either city. Sounds like fake cockney slang, unless the guy's genuinely from East/South London.

A slapper, on the other hand, is a lady of questionable virtue and/or appearance. That one's used all over the south of England, usually by greasy youths in dodgy nightclubs (as in 'I don't like yours much... proper slapper').

Kittens!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 10:36 nin

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:29:
Hey Blue, what do you remember of the Ed Koch days in NYC?

He knows the time, with the fresh gucci watch...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo