Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

My NFL picks this postseason prove that I am not infallible in this area, but I am usually more decisive than I've been about picking a winner in the Super Bowl, as I've been on the fence since the participants were announced. I'm torn personally, as I like John Harbaugh better than Jim, but there's no player in the league I dislike more than Ray Lewis, which is probably the most prominent personal opinion that plays into this. In the end, I can't shake the feeling that the 49ers will get it done... which is probably half faith in them, and half my intense desire to not have to watch a celebratory squirrel dance and the accompanying squirrely self-righteousness.

Bonus picks: Adrian Peterson MVP, RG3 Rookie of the Year, and Peyton Manning Comeback player of the year.

R.I.P.: Ed Koch, mayor who became a symbol of NYC, dies.

Squirrelly Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Nano Kingdoms 2: Joker's Revenge.
Stories: Soldier admits shooting man trying to cure hiccups. Deny it worked.
Science: The Cost of Exploring Space: Film vs. Reality. Thanks j.c.f.
Media: Wreck it Richard (Hotline Miami VS. Your Childhood). Thanks Fantaz.
'Game of Thrones'- The Board Game.
Facebook Police.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 10:31 Cutter

Question for our friends across the pond in Britannia. Yesterday I heard an English chap refer to makeup as "slap" - he said, 'She looks pretty good without the slap.' Now I know woman always say 'Let me slap on some makeup.' But I've never heard someone refer to it that way before. Do people in Britain actually refer to it as that?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 10:29 Cutter

Hey Blue, what do you remember of the Ed Koch days in NYC?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 10:28 Cutter

InBlack wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 09:24:
That is a really stupid Film vs. Reality chart/diagram/infographic.

From the content I would gather that they wanted to show how expensive movies are or something....

A much better chart/diagram/thingy would be the Space vs Defense Budget, which I believe Blue also linked to a while ago.

Now when you look at that you will be left with a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. The one that tells you humanity == Fail.

2010 NASA budget = $18.724 billion
2010 Military Budget = $1.03 trillion

Cost for air conditioning in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The amount the U.S. military spends annually on air conditioning in Iraq and Afghanistan: $20.2 billion, according to a former Pentagon official.

That's more than NASA's budget. It's more than BP has paid so far for damage from the Gulf oil spill. It's what the G-8 has pledged to help foster new democracies in Egypt and Tunisia.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 09:24 InBlack

That is a really stupid Film vs. Reality chart/diagram/infographic.

From the content I would gather that they wanted to show how expensive movies are or something....

A much better chart/diagram/thingy would be the Space vs Defense Budget, which I believe Blue also linked to a while ago.

Now when you look at that you will be left with a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. The one that tells you humanity == Fail.

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2013, 09:19 nin

Facebook Police.

Damn, was hoping for a parody of Cheap Trick...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo