Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wildman Trailer

This trailer offers an updated introduction to Wildman to better support the Kickstarter to support the project, and its developer Gas Powered Games. It shows the combination of an action/RPG and an RTS game using concept art and the words of Chris Taylor to outline how gameplay will function. Thanks Seiya.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Wildman Trailer Feb 1, 2013, 08:50 eRe4s3r

well...

They messed up on a good progression curve. Because of really bad timed negative PR. But also because they failed to explain and properly "hype" the game. I .. don't want to play it. And I want to play a LOT of things. The game to me sounds like a DOTA clone with more freedom. That is not what I want.

If you are bored, also compare

Kicktraq Project Eternity

with

Kicktraq Wildman

Notice the 3 day "low" that should not have been there. This was the time their company downsizing came to the news. Terrible, terrible timing. Although more interestingly, they are simply lacking more pledges. Maybe tiers are too high, or incentives not there. Or PR fails.

For every project, I think Project Eternity should be the comparison. Because they really knew how to do it right (by pure luck?). Lots of insanely interesting updates, and the first mockup shot of the game graphics was stunning. They sold raw hope bundled with hype and imagination. This is how it could look, and this is how it could play, if you give us money.

But Wildman isn't doing that, they are too focused on showing the game that is, instead of showing what game there COULD BE.

as always, Kickstarter is about hope. The less hope and imagination you leave to your pledgeés the less money you will make. And 50% of course, is hype. And ARPG + RTS , in essence, Simplified Diablo meets Dota? does not hype me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Wildman Trailer Feb 1, 2013, 06:34 mellis

Launching a Kickstarter campaign and then sacking 95% of your entire company is not the way to breed confidence. This is what has killed Wildman, not the concept.

GPG's financial situation could not have been a "complete" surprise to Chris Taylor - a sensible individual would have folded the company, cited the reasons as he has done and then returned later with the Kickstarter pitch. As it stands now, most people who are considering funding this project are wondering if they're actually funding a game or just bailing out a company...

4. Re: Wildman Trailer Feb 1, 2013, 03:08 Jerykk

Much better video than the original. Gives a much clearer explanation of exactly how the game plays. I'm almost tempted to fund this now. If the minimum to get the game was $15 instead of $20, I probably would.  

3. Re: Wildman Trailer Feb 1, 2013, 02:07 jdreyer

It's not looking good. I thought they'd gone over $400K, but I see now they're only at $397K. Wishful thinking on my part?

I agree that it's hard to see how they make this, even though I really want CT to succeed. They've had gobs of publicity, what with all the drama, so more isn't going to get them more donations, I don't think. And GPG has tons of good will from gamers with long memories. I just think pitching Wildman was just poor timing. Something with a bit more commercial appeal might have been funded.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: Wildman Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 22:34 nin

I agree, I think they're too far behind, baring a surprise large donation from a fellow dev...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Wildman Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 21:44 Cutter

No chance in hell are they gonna make it.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo