Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses

Codemasters announces an official release date for GRiD 2, saying the racing sequel should get the green flag in North America on May 28th and May 31st in the U.K., actually beating its previous release window of this summer. They also announce the availability various retail preorder bonuses, providing some screenshots of preorder content. Here's word on the various North American offers:

Gamers who pre-order at GameStop can choose the GRID 2: Turbo-Charged Edition, which includes two additional packs:

McLaren Racing Pack
Receive the exclusive McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Special Edition car to race in single-player, multiplayer and a special online event; plus expand the game with two new routes around the Brands Hatch GP circuit.

GTR Racing Pack
Receive the exclusive Nissan GT-R SpecV road car to race in single-player, multiplayer and an exclusive online event; plus experience all five routes around the Yas Marina circuit by day.

Gamers who pre-order at Best Buy can choose the GRID 2: IndyCar Edition, which includes:

IndyCar Pack
Receive the exclusive Dallara IndyCar and the IndyCar Pace car to race in single-player, multiplayer and an exclusive online event; plus expand the game with two new routes around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Oval Circuit.

Gamers who pre-order at Amazon can choose the GRID 2: Head Start Edition which includes:

Head Start Pack
Receive the exclusive Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT car to race in single-player, multiplayer and enjoy discounts in the Car Upgrades Store in online game modes and a unique RaceNet bonus.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Feb 1, 2013, 03:43 Qbex .

No cockpit, microtransactions, dumb down arcade handling - pure fail
That series will end up exactly as CM other franchise : Op Flashpoint
Next step for codies - facebook game

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 19:15 cronik

siapnar wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 18:48:
Is there still no cockpit view?

If so, that's pretty balls

Cockpit view is a relic of a bygone era.

11. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 18:48 siapnar

Is there still no cockpit view?

If so, that's pretty balls

I have projectile dysfunction.

10. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 14:47 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 14:15:
Hopefully GMG carries it so I can get a Steam key for 25% off... All these retailers can suck it. Your super extreme exclusive bonuses will be < $5 DLC soon enough.

I wish they all did that, to be honest... Not everyone does so. there is still a pretty super awesome weapon in ME3 that I can't get because it was pre-order exclusive and they apparently meant the exclusive part.

Creston

9. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 14:43 Quboid

These preorder bonuses are a bad enough kick in the nuts, but this is bordering on pay-to-win:
enjoy discounts in the Car Upgrades Store in online game modes

- Quboid

8. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 14:15 jacobvandy

Hopefully GMG carries it so I can get a Steam key for 25% off... All these retailers can suck it. Your super extreme exclusive bonuses will be < $5 DLC soon enough.  

7. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 14:07 Creston

Tanto Edge wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 12:53:
Four separate exclusive release packages?
Four exclusive releases?
Four exclusives?
Four?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIf6rpn3Cws&t=0m18s

Yeah. Seems modest.

Creston

6. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 13:24 HoSpanky

Ehh, bonus cars don't really interest me, there will always be an incredibly similar car in-game anyway. Unless one of the bonus cars is a car you find especially appealing, I don't see how the various deals will make any difference. If one retailer sells it for $5 less than the others, THAT'S the one that'll sell.

As for the game itself, I'm super excited over this one. I loved the original, not sure why they waited so long to make a sequel. After the death of the PGR series, I wasn't sure where I'd get a good arcade/sim hybrid. And for once, Microsoft was the one to come out and say "Remember how awesome PGR was? We ended up re-hiring a lot of its dev team, some of the DiRT guys, and made this crazy thing called Forza Horizon".

Shame Horizon won't ever come to PC, but after reading interviews on how the framerate in it stays at 30 FPS locked, it'd be a hella mess to port it. So Hooray, GRID 2!

5. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 12:53 Tanto Edge

Four separate exclusive release packages?
Four exclusive releases?
Four exclusives?
Four?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIf6rpn3Cws&t=0m18s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

4. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 12:37 Rhialto

Pretty strange that retailers accept to sell different pre-order package. What if 80% want the GT-R SpecV for example? BB & Amazon won't be happy. I wonder how all this was dealt.

I hope they are all satisfied with their particular pack.

3. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 12:29 theyarecomingforyou

Looking forward to it.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

2. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 12:02 Shataan

I liked GRiD 1, might try this 1 as well. Definately looks sweet.  

1. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 11:36 Creston

the exclusive Nissan GT-R SpecV

Me wants.... Drool

Creston

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo