Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2013, 21:04 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 08:40:
Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 16:48:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 16:30:
Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 14:55:
Well where on earth is Rolling Thunder when it's a GOP politician spouting this crap?

It's bullshit no matter what side of the aisle it's spewing from, that should be common sense.

I just find it amusing that when it's a democrat doing it how you rail on about the evils of liberals, but when he's GOP you don't say a word.

I wouldn't talk, all I've heard for 5 years from those on the left is Bush's fault/Congress' fault.

Well, when that's all you're listening for...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2013, 14:39 LArac

Well if you learn how the Government works you might understand, but that would take thought so carry on.  

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2013, 14:37 LArac

So the NRA has told me to say. Says Lawmakers.

The NRA wants no training, no waiting, just everyone has a gun and let the gun makers rake in the cash.

The two biggest loop holes the NRA forced through Gun Shows and Net sales of guns.

19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2013, 08:40 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 16:48:
Well where on earth is Rolling Thunder when it's a GOP politician spouting this crap?

It's bullshit no matter what side of the aisle it's spewing from, that should be common sense.

I just find it amusing that when it's a democrat doing it how you rail on about the evils of liberals, but when he's GOP you don't say a word.

I wouldn't talk, all I've heard for 5 years from those on the left is Bush's fault/Congress' fault.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 18:34 NegaDeath

SmyTTor wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 16:53:
I'll say a word! Actually, I'll say three:

Publicly Funded Elections.

Works for awhile but then eventually you get a party in power that eliminates it to strike a blow at opposition parties that benefit from it more. That's how it went down in Canada anyways.

17. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 31, 2013, 18:10 HorrorScope

"I think Pepsi tastes horrible" - Coke Salesman

If you were to put blame on the games, then you have to look at a lot of other things that aren't a positive experience. A whole lot of things.

16. Re: U.S. Senator: Jan 31, 2013, 18:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Panickd wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 11:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 10:04:
Maybe there should be a age cutoff for running for office? How about some sort of common sense testing?

I think having common sense would tell you not to run for a political office at all. It defies common sense to open yourself up to the kind of personal attacks (based in fact or not) that anyone running for national office has to deal with. I don't know how many people I have heard now that ran for a senate seat or for congress against an incumbent who came back and said, "if I had known how tough it was going to be and the kind of campaign that would be run against me I never would have even tried." Only people completely lacking in any common sense at all would want to try and endure that more than once.

And supposing you win, what then? You're just a small fish in a huge pond filled with other fish that don't have the sense not to eat that worm with the giant pointy hook protruding from it. So good luck getting anything done.

I was just talking about this with someone earlier today. I live in Texas, so I'm definitely unelectable due to being a moderate and an atheist, even though I do support gun rights. It would cost too much to run anyway. And on top of that, I'd have to spend a ton of money putting out hits on the people that know too much about me already. Not worth it

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 17:47 John

Guns don't kill people, Video Games do!  
This space is available for rent

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 17:12 Prez

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 09:30:
U.S. Senator: "I Think Video Games Is a Bigger Problem Than Guns".

I think ignorant Senators are a bigger problem than videogames so there.

Win!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 16:53 SmyTTor

I'll say a word! Actually, I'll say three:

Publicly Funded Elections.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 16:48 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 16:30 RollinThundr

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 15:36 Verno

It's not a GOP senator this time though is it?

Idiotic public statements aren't exclusive to the loons in our party, Dems make plenty of them too.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 14:58 nin

Typing up his latest manifesto, would be my bet...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 14:55 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 14:24 Fion

'Because video games affect people.'

I don't think I've heard a better argument for term limits than this one. When you get so old you don't understand how the modern world works, you should no longer be in charge of it.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 12:05 dj LiTh

Yes...because banning virtual guns will definitely cut down on real gun violence...  

5. Re: U.S. Senator: Jan 31, 2013, 11:24 Panickd

Maybe there should be a age cutoff for running for office? How about some sort of common sense testing?

I think having common sense would tell you not to run for a political office at all. It defies common sense to open yourself up to the kind of personal attacks (based in fact or not) that anyone running for national office has to deal with. I don't know how many people I have heard now that ran for a senate seat or for congress against an incumbent who came back and said, "if I had known how tough it was going to be and the kind of campaign that would be run against me I never would have even tried." Only people completely lacking in any common sense at all would want to try and endure that more than once.

And supposing you win, what then? You're just a small fish in a huge pond filled with other fish that don't have the sense not to eat that worm with the giant pointy hook protruding from it. So good luck getting anything done.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2013, 11:11 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 09:30:
U.S. Senator: "I Think Video Games Is a Bigger Problem Than Guns".

I think ignorant Senators are a bigger problem than videogames so there.

I wouldn't even put the "ignorant" adjective there, to be honest. Senators are a bigger problem than videogames. At least we now have morons from both sides of the aisle bleating nonsense, so it can't turn into another bullshit PoFlaWa.

Anyway, Lamar Alexander, time to be put out to pasture, buddy. You're obviously suffering from pretty severe dementia. "Video games affect people." What a fucking toolbag. What do GUNS do, dipshit?

I heartily agree with age testing. If you're old enough to have watched the Boston tea party, why the fuck are you still allowed into office? Doesn't the light switch in their office scare these idiots?

But the common sense thing... I dunno. If we did that, we'd have no senators or congressmen left!

Wait...

Creston

3. Re: U.S. Senator: Jan 31, 2013, 10:04 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo