Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed

A post on eXophase.com lists PS3 trophies for Year of the Snake, an upcoming unannounced DLC pack for Sleeping Dogs, United Front's action/adventure game. There is also this video, noted by Eurogamer, with footage to support this premise, though it's origins are unclear, and they also interpret the trophies, saying: "the add-on will involve joining a bomb squad and defeating cultists, as well as acquiring yet more collectibles and other macguffins scattered about the game's virtual Hong Kong." In the meantime, Steam offers two new small packs for the game: The Movie Master Pack and The Monkey King Pack for USD $1.99 each.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 20:29 SlimRam

Yup i played it as much as I could, like I do with most games (drive around and get all the statues and stuff). REALLY liked this game alot more than I thought I would. I didn't really understand the 'dating a girl, once' aspect very much...then the 'jealous boyfriend' confrontation thingy but anyway....I LOVED the hand-to-hand fighting of it and for some reason, it never got old?

A VERY GOOD GAME! Allthumbsup

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 15:44 Cutter

Techie714 wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:10:
I personally loved Sleeping Dogs. I thought that game was right up there with GTA IV...IMO. I hope they make another.

I believe sales have been increasing as the price comes down and they've done decent enough numbers to warrant it. I sure hope so at any rate. I'd say it was my GOTY for last year which surprised me. They certainly didn't do themselves any favours with the demo they released and the marketing could have been much better with the game. I still think a lot of people don't really know what it is or what to expect from it. Anyway, I'm down with this Year of the Snake DLC for sure and a follow-up game would be sweet.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

12. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 15:21 jacobvandy

That's why you wait for the next 75% off sale and get the various little DLCs for pennies on the dollar. Personally, I've only bought the Nightmare and Tournament ones, i.e. those with actual content in them.  

11. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 15:03 avianflu

some of the packs offer new weapons too, but yea the packs are overkill.  

10. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 11:45 Verno

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 11:19:
They're starting to rival TF2 Hats with the amount of Clothing Packs they're putting out. There's not even any multiplayer so it's really excessive.

Agreed, I liked the game but this stuff is just getting silly.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

9. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 11:19 Zyrxil

They're starting to rival TF2 Hats with the amount of Clothing Packs they're putting out. There's not even any multiplayer so it's really excessive.  

8. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 11:09 coldcut

Techie714 wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 11:03:
Forgot to mention this game with the HD texture pack added= O...M...G! The game looks amazing!
Additionally, the sound is superb. Warp radio and especially Ninjatune radio (hence my name ) blew me away. Top notch.

7. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 11:03 Techie714

Forgot to mention this game with the HD texture pack added= O...M...G! The game looks amazing!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 10:37 coldcut

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 10:05:
Ya, i'm in germania myself. Couldnt even install the HD texture pack....so i did what i always do....VPN'd to america, unlocked and bought what i wanted (i have an american cc and also american address so maybe you can only grab the texture pack).
Yes, I got a similar method to circumvent German "low violence" versions, I let a "good friend" from UK gift me the games. The HD pack was no problem as I could just install it via Steam.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for DLC as these cannot be gifted

5. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 10:05 dj LiTh

coldcut wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:49:
Unfortunately, none of the DLC is available for purchase in Germany via Steam only the two latest "Skin/Model packs" are available

Would love to play more of this, I think this game was really amazing, and the story got pretty intense later in the game.

Ya, i'm in germania myself. Couldnt even install the HD texture pack....so i did what i always do....VPN'd to america, unlocked and bought what i wanted (i have an american cc and also american address so maybe you can only grab the texture pack).

4. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 09:49 coldcut

Unfortunately, none of the DLC is available for purchase in Germany via Steam only the two latest "Skin/Model packs" are available

Would love to play more of this, I think this game was really amazing, and the story got pretty intense later in the game.

3. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 09:17 nin

Techie714 wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:10:
I personally loved Sleeping Dogs. I thought that game was right up there with GTA IV...IMO. I hope they make another.

I was surprised how good it was. Not GOTY, but definitely a contender for last year.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 09:16 dj LiTh

I just got it yesterday, really enjoying it. For me its a shitton better than GTA4 in every possible way.

1. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 09:10 Techie714

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo