Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ROAM If You Want To

A new Kickstarter seeks a modest $40,000 to support development of ROAM, an eponymous online co-op action game from startup developer ROAM. ROAM (the developer) is a two-man team, including Ryan Sharr, recently laid off by Gas Powered Games amid the wild ride of the Wildman Kickstarter. Here's word on ROAM (the game): "You and up to three friends (online co-op) must scour a grim, ravaged world, where you have complete freedom to choose where you roam, what you do, and how you allocate and use the precious-few resources you will find on your journey. Every action in the game represents a choice - and each choice has pros, cons, and consequences." Thanks Eurogamer.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 18:26 Closed Betas

Shineyguy wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 10:40:
Closed Betas wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 08:17:
Closed Betas wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 08:12:
dj LiTh wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 06:15:
Closed Betas wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 00:47:
Think about that next time you won't pony up $59.99 for that AAA title... and remember the $100 you spend on this B studio crap

Enjoy Sim City online douche

Hey, I'm going to make a game better than wow, a superb theme park sand box with massive pve, but massive pvp on the side with FPS and unlock system like no other. It's going to have a grand story and so much lore you'll cream in your pants.. Just fund me $500 (the cost of my studio months rent) for a super gold supporter badge and free t-shirt.. My game is 80% done already.. But I am going to act like we are just starting.. Don't worry, you'll get a forum badge to rep yourself. You iN?

Oh I failed to meet my goal, hey wait, I just marketed it wrong.. Let me try again

It has massive PvP with a Solo-Centric Quest Line, set in a linear open world where its not P2W, but pay to dress up after making sure you have to buy our subscription to our f2p game, that requires NO MONEY DOWN! Oh btw I was the lead developer for not one, but 2 game studios that unfortunately just closed down and me and my dog rusty are going to make this ourselves...

I've yet to see a game that gets a following on Kickstarter that happens to be an MMO... I'm sure I'm wrong and there is something out there but...

Also, just because you can't see the point of Kickstarter, does not make it an invalid platform. I've pitched in money to a few games now that I have total confidence will release. Wasteland 2, Double Fine Adventure, Carmageddon, and now this game; ROAM.

Lol, I've seen the point to kickstarter, before project 1 launched... and they have been laughing to the bank since on your investment money

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 12:58 Necrophob

nin wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 11:08:
Forgot to check this morning - they hit their goal!

Having a low goal probably helped. That way people didn't look at it and think "Never gonna make it, I'm out". Everything after this is icing.

25. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 11:08 nin

Forgot to check this morning - they hit their goal!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

24. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 10:40 Shineyguy

Closed Betas wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 08:17:
Think about that next time you won't pony up $59.99 for that AAA title... and remember the $100 you spend on this B studio crap

Hey, I'm going to make a game better than wow, a superb theme park sand box with massive pve, but massive pvp on the side with FPS and unlock system like no other. It's going to have a grand story and so much lore you'll cream in your pants.. Just fund me $500 (the cost of my studio months rent) for a super gold supporter badge and free t-shirt.. My game is 80% done already.. But I am going to act like we are just starting.. Don't worry, you'll get a forum badge to rep yourself. You iN?

Oh I failed to meet my goal, hey wait, I just marketed it wrong.. Let me try again

It has massive PvP with a Solo-Centric Quest Line, set in a linear open world where its not P2W, but pay to dress up after making sure you have to buy our subscription to our f2p game, that requires NO MONEY DOWN! Oh btw I was the lead developer for not one, but 2 game studios that unfortunately just closed down and me and my dog rusty are going to make this ourselves...

I've yet to see a game that gets a following on Kickstarter that happens to be an MMO... I'm sure I'm wrong and there is something out there but...

Also, just because you can't see the point of Kickstarter, does not make it an invalid platform. I've pitched in money to a few games now that I have total confidence will release. Wasteland 2, Double Fine Adventure, Carmageddon, and now this game; ROAM.

23. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 08:49 nin

$100 towards a game made by a B studio where a decent amount of the funds actually go the developers?
I am ok with that.

Seconded.

22. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 08:17 Closed Betas

21. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 08:12 Closed Betas

20. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 06:15 dj LiTh

19. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 02:55 Kris Redbeard

$100 towards a game made by a B studio where a decent amount of the funds actually go the developers?
I am ok with that.

Better then $59.99 for a semi-completed console'ised POS game where the developer is lucky to get paid and/or stay in business on completion of the game, due to the whim of the publisher.

And aren't you forgetting the $200 of DLC you need to pay for in order to get the actual game you should have got in the first place?

GROUND BRANCH
Mature Classic Tactical First Person Shooter

18. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 31, 2013, 00:47 Closed Betas

Lol, for years there has been articles that game ideas are basically a dime a dozen, and will get you nowhere...

Now suckers are born every second (down from a minute) and will toss their money at anything that even sounds decent..

You really know game designers of this generation are blithering idiots.. sadly the players aren't any smarter...

I have read plots from game designers of games written for over years of lore and history and game play, they get nothing but slapped from publishers, but mention a kickstart and wallets are wide open for the taking from people who can barely pay their bills..

When will you all realize your being taken for every penny as these ideas are already in progress and they are just seeding their studios on your dime.. Think about that next time you won't pony up $59.99 for that AAA title... and remember the $100 you spend on this B studio crap

17. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 20:23 Talisorn

Jivaro wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 10:51:
+1 cool points to Blue for the B-52s reference.

My thoughts exactly.

16. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 20:19 Narf2029

Screw it, $55 says I'm in.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

15. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 20:05 Narf2029

So if you get more than one beta key, do they all turn into full copies or just one of them?  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

14. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 19:40 nin

After watching the base building, I'm in for $25.

13. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 18:57 Cutter

I never said I didn't like what I saw or wasn't impressed, just that the number seems awful low for what they're describing even if it is just two guys. I wish them good luck anyway.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 18:32 jdreyer

Wow, pretty awesome. Diablo with guns meets minecraft.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 30, 2013, 17:24 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 15:50:
That number seems woefully inadequate for such an ambitious sounding title. Looks like they'll easily make they're goal though.

Or this is more behind the spirit of it all.

10. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 16:13 dj LiTh

@ Cutter

I think it says more about the inefficiency and mismanagement of bigger teams (hense GPG in such trouble). ROAM already has a lot to show for it in the 6 weeks that the two people have been working on it. Likewise with Limit Theory, the one man team that got successfully kickstarted.

9. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 15:50 Cutter

That number seems woefully inadequate for such an ambitious sounding title. Looks like they'll easily make they're goal though.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: ROAM If You Want To Jan 30, 2013, 13:46 McSterls

I'm in.

I canceled my pledge for Wildman after the shenanigans and layoffs at GPG, I'll put my money here instead.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo