Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland

Paradox Interactive announces Dungeonland has opened its virtual doors thanks to digital distribution, offering the chance to play the Windows edition of the strategy game. Here's the release trailer, and here's word:

NEW YORK —January 29, 2013 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and consumer of funnel cake, and Critical Studio, the lamented minions of Dungeon Maestro, today announced that Dungeonland has opened its doors to easily lured heroes everywhere. Available today for PC via digital distributors worldwide, Dungeonland can be purchased, downloaded, played, and quickly lost over and over again by soft, fleshy adventurers to their heart’s content. Dungeonland costs merely $9.99 plus the lives of your co-op partners.

“I can’t tell you how pleased I am to finally welcome the world to Dungeonland,” said the Dungeon Maestro, Director of Scheming at Paradox Interactive. “This represents a bold step forward not just for my glorious plans, but for the evil industry as a whole. Opening day is just the beginning, as well; today PC heroes can ‘enjoy’ their visits, but soon I’ll be able to lure MacOS heroes to my park as well! Better still, there’s a whole new section we’re going to open shortly, called Infinite Dungeon! We tell the heroes it’s the best challenge we have, where the fights just get harder and harder until they die – and the idiots line right up to try it!

“They always die, and they go in anyway!” added the Maestro. “Ha! Ha ha ha! HAHAHAHAHA!”

Dungeonland is the creation of the cunning Dungeon Maestro, who has invited the world’s pesky heroes to an adventurer’s theme park of his own design. Inside the colorful park, up to three players can play cooperatively to slaughter the monstrous staff and collect glittering piles of loot in fast-paced action gameplay. Meanwhile, a fourth player can take on the role of the Maestro himself, controlling the park’s traps and creatures, attempting to kill the other players, and mashing the “evil laugh” button as often as they can. A new trailer for Dungeonland is available today to demonstrate the virtues of teamwork, and the much better virtues of hero-slaughter.

Would-be visitors can get a few survival tips by watching a live streaming event from Paradox Interactive and Critical Studio, the developers of Dungeonland. The stream, which will show the game’s various levels, modes, and perils, will occur on January 30th at 7 p.m. GMT (11 a.m. PST), on Paradox’s Twitch.tv channel: www.twitchtv.com/paradoxinteractive

To learn more about Dungeonland and secure your admission ticket, visit the website at http://www.dungeonlandgame.com/

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland Jan 30, 2013, 08:54 Verno

Not gonna lie, that massive giraffe head in the video screencap scared me away  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland Jan 30, 2013, 03:23 Tomas

But it also has the one player as the evil dungeon master mode, right? I'm really on the fence with it. Seems like with the right group it could be fun.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland Jan 29, 2013, 23:39 Flatline

Frijoles wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 22:21:
After watching a couple Let's Play of this... I have no idea what it is. Neither did the reviewers. They seemed to be enjoying themselves though.

It's basically a co-op ARPG. There are 3 classes, and you can unlock a total of 4 jobs per class. There are weapons and armor suits and potions and skills and perks to unlock.

You run around and kill mobs, 3 players at a time. Everyone gets the loot equally, and everyone heals on picking up healing, and there's a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor.

Visually, it looks like a board game. Specifically, a happier, goofier version of Descent. The map is made up of cardboard tiles, and you'll run by giant polyhedral dice.

Think of it as a graphically updated Castle Crashers, without the apparent insanity of that game (granted, I only played for about 20 minutes on the copy a friend gifted me).

The humor is very dark and tongue-in-cheek. Think Dungeon Keeper 2, though questionably not of that quality.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland Jan 29, 2013, 23:02 netnerd85

Wow, that's an annoying trailer. Game looks so generic and boring but these kinds of fluffy colourful things are what sell during steam sales aren't they. Paradox Interactive, Bandwagon Achievement got!  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeonland Jan 29, 2013, 22:21 Frijoles

After watching a couple Let's Play of this... I have no idea what it is. Neither did the reviewers. They seemed to be enjoying themselves though.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo