Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 16:01 Cutter

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 04:46:
Isn't it illegal to take a photo on private property without permission any way?

It's like a building. You can take a photo of it from the street (public street), from the inside however you will need permission (private property)... right? it that a universal law kind of thing?

No because things like restaurants are considered quasi-public spaces. They're inviting you in for your custom. They do have the right to refuse you service however. As a hospitality guy I can tell you that this is just a bad idea. All it'll do is cost you customers. If someone told me I can't take a shot of my food in their resto I'd tell them to fuck themselves and walk out.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 14:15 eRe4s3r

Hehe, no use denying it  

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 13:38 nin

Creston wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 13:23:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 12:43:
What really ticks me off is when people bring crying babies to movie theaters. Your life is over, accept it and stop making ours worse.

The only time I ever really got pissed off is when a woman took her weeks-old baby to a fucking classical concert. Yes, I know you paid $70 just like I did, but I'm sitting here quietly and you have an infant that won't stop fucking squealing.

She finally wised up and left.

Normally kids don't bother me too much (except on planes. FUUUUUCCCKKK) but that one was just plain fucking rude. Next time, time your pregnancy a little better, lady!

Creston

I can't remember what movie I was at last year (might have been Dark Knight Rises) but it was a crowded theater, and someone towards the front was txting. Higher up and behind me, this womans screams "PHONE! OFF! NOW!!!!!" There was a small polite group of clapping, as the shamed person hid their phone.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 13:23 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 12:43:
What really ticks me off is when people bring crying babies to movie theaters. Your life is over, accept it and stop making ours worse.

The only time I ever really got pissed off is when a woman took her weeks-old baby to a fucking classical concert. Yes, I know you paid $70 just like I did, but I'm sitting here quietly and you have an infant that won't stop fucking squealing.

She finally wised up and left.

Normally kids don't bother me too much (except on planes. FUUUUUCCCKKK) but that one was just plain fucking rude. Next time, time your pregnancy a little better, lady!

Creston

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 13:02 Verno

It is immediately obvious who has kids and who does not here  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 12:43 NegaDeath

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 11:28 eRe4s3r

I think you skipped "toddlers" I literally meant children in an age phase where "a little time to quiet them down" is an hour. And where "noise" is crying.

Laughing, loud or/and playing children don't annoy me. But it seems I never have luck with my "going out to eat" projects. It must be the area where I live or something.

But for that matter,
soulless meatbag
is a compliment

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 11:17 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 21:53:
Been hearing a lot about this lately. Maybe I'm old and not up on what you hip kids are doing these days, but how often are you photographing your damn food???? If some good chow gets set down in front of me, my first thought is "fuck, I'm hungry!" and not "hey hey! let's take a fucking picture!!!!"

I always take a picture when I manage to create a yet-even-larger bowl at Genghis, but that's mostly to laugh at the sheer lunacy of its size with a few of my buddies who aren't there to see it in person. And they try to beat my record bowls too (futilely, I might add.)

I also once took a picture of a pizza that was so freaking large it seemed to defy physics, just so that I could prove to people it really WAS that large.

Other than that, eh. I don't quite get the whole "Let's photo every single thing!" mentality, but I guess most people just want to brag that they eat fancier food than their 'friends.'

Creston

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 07:08 Redmask

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 05:41:
Not been to a single "restaurant" yet where there wasn't a stupid obnoxious child making noise. Why you have to take your toddler into a establishment where 60+ people want to eat and enjoy the atmosphere is beyond me, but then, I hate humans.

Maybe their money is worth just as much as yours and they want to take their family out for a meal. Sometimes you take them out and they don't behave but it isn't convenient to leave right away or it takes a little time to quiet them down. Have a little understanding you soulless meatbag.

People talking on cell phones and taking pictures annoys me far more than some couples kids.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 05:41 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 04:39:
“It can shatter the experience when you’re asking your fiancé to marry you, and a flash is going off at a table next door,” said David Bouley, owner of Bouley Restaurant.

So don't fucking do it in public then. I'm more concerned about loud, smelly, obnoxious, rude people and their brats then someone taking a picture of their fucking food.

Not been to a single "restaurant" yet where there wasn't a stupid obnoxious child making noise. Why you have to take your toddler into a establishment where 60+ people want to eat and enjoy the atmosphere is beyond me, but then, I hate humans.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 05:40 Julio

I'm thinking that the restaurants banning this (if they even can), must have really lousy food. Their customers should just go elsewhere.

It's not like someone's going to do a playboy photo shoot with their plate and snap 1000 pictures.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 04:46 netnerd85

Isn't it illegal to take a photo on private property without permission any way?

It's like a building. You can take a photo of it from the street (public street), from the inside however you will need permission (private property)... right? it that a universal law kind of thing?

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 04:39 Cutter

“It can shatter the experience when you’re asking your fiancé to marry you, and a flash is going off at a table next door,” said David Bouley, owner of Bouley Restaurant.

So don't fucking do it in public then. I'm more concerned about loud, smelly, obnoxious, rude people and their brats then someone taking a picture of their fucking food.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2013, 00:48 Krizzen

By this logic Ford, Chevy, Honda, etc. should ban photos of their cars in junkyards. Oh, and as an appropriate extension, they should ban photos of their cars that are modified in poor taste.

Moral of the story: Stop being asshats and train your cooks better. Or something.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 29, 2013, 22:18 NamecaF

The Asians are going to hate this.  

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 29, 2013, 22:12 dj LiTh

I never got into it, but i think its an instagram thing?  

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 29, 2013, 21:53 nin

Been hearing a lot about this lately. Maybe I'm old and not up on what you hip kids are doing these days, but how often are you photographing your damn food???? If some good chow gets set down in front of me, my first thought is "fuck, I'm hungry!" and not "hey hey! let's take a fucking picture!!!!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo