Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video

This trailer is to help players get started playing in the multiplayer beta for Crysis 3, as widespread testing of Crytek's shooter sequel commences today. The clip features producer Mike Reed providing insider insights in two of the game's eight multiplayer modes. This interested in playing the beta can sign up on this page. Thanks Polygon.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 30, 2013, 00:52 Ant

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 22:14:
It says DX11 card required but sometimes they say that but you can still get by with an older card, nope they check for DX11 card and won't even start unless you have it.

This isn't the game that'll get me to buy a new Nvida card, so I bid you farewell Crytek.
And DirectX 9.0c. I still need to finish Crysis 1!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 22:14 DangerDog

It says DX11 card required but sometimes they say that but you can still get by with an older card, nope they check for DX11 card and won't even start unless you have it.

This isn't the game that'll get me to buy a new Nvida card, so I bid you farewell Crytek.

18. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 21:18 jdreyer

Tumbler wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 15:12:
Hmm, seems like a missed opportunity for Origin to make themselves look good in this whole beta sign up process.

I popped open origin expecting to see it either already in my games list or on the front page of the store and nothing. The full game is there to pre-order. If you click the demo tab the beta is there.

Well, obviously: SPEND MOAR MUNEY ON ORIGEN!!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

17. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 20:58 theyarecomingforyou

Finally got SLI working - I had to manually add the .exe file to the Crysis 3 profile with nVidia Inspector. Performance is superb, maintaining 60fps with the default anti-aliasing (SMAA low, I believe - the one up from FXAA). I tried TXAA on medium but performance was terrible (about 35-45fps). Overall it seems smoother than Crysis 2.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

16. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 20:34 Shataan

hmmm I`ll stick to the sp campaign. The mp didn`t grab me at all.  

15. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 18:47 Blahman

ViRGE wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 10:44:
Did anyone seriously play C2 or C1 multiplayer? When I think Crysis, I think single-player game.

I played hundreds of hours of Crysis Wars MP -- for the MechWarrior: Living Legends mod.

14. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 17:20 Tumbler

Crysis 3? Who knows.

So far it seems a lot like Crysis 2. I find this game hard to look at. At a glance you might think, WOW! Look how awesome that looks!" But then you start running around and you get these blur effects, everything seems way too busy, you try and aim down your sights, a red dot sit that is supposed to be helpful and it feels like it's in the way more than anything else...

This game definitely taxes my system but Nvidia is really pissing me off lately. They just released a set of drivers that is supposed to help with this game but they don't support my card. (560M GTX) Not only that but the previous 3 releases don't fucking work!? Half the games I try and play simply crash at launch with almost no explanation.

Rolling all the way back to 306.97 (4 version back I believe) and things finally start working again but WTF?!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 16:26 Joss

Tumbler wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 15:23:
Everyone was a super soldier...
Yeah, empty an entire clip just to get the attention of your enemy, then they just whip out the rocket launcher.

12. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 15:23 Tumbler

Crysis MP has never been very good. Crysis 1 they tried to create a brand out of called crysis wars and it was trying to be a Battlefield sort of game but it never felt quite right. Everyone was a super soldier so it kind of loses the cooperative classes stuff that generally makes the BF series more than just a shooting match.

Crysis 2 they tried to make it like Call of Duty but I think the theme hurt them more than anything else. Most every map was of a destroyed building or place in new york and of course everyone is a super soldier again. You could outfit your guy with different weapons but I don't think they did a lot of balance testing because the standard rifle seemed to be able to kill better than anything else. Maybe their lag coding wasn't good, I don't know, I just found the experience utterly boring.

Crysis 3? Who knows.

11. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 15:12 Tumbler

Hmm, seems like a missed opportunity for Origin to make themselves look good in this whole beta sign up process.

I popped open origin expecting to see it either already in my games list or on the front page of the store and nothing. The full game is there to pre-order. If you click the demo tab the beta is there.

The default way from the website appears to be a link you open in origin which makes the whole process feel clunky.

Steam's free trial stuff, free weekend, whatever is much better, game is simply in your list, no fuss, just pop it up and say install. It's a small thing but something origin should work on.

10. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 15:11 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 14:46:
The Magician wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:03:
I didn't even know C1 had multiplayer. I played the C2 preview beta thingee for all of about 5 minutes before deciding that Crytek didn't know squat about making multiplayer games.

I'm getting so sick of all the negativity on blues news!!! You people need to start enjoying these call of duty clone shooters and stop complaining about lack of depth and generic gameplay!

Hahaha, well played sir.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

9. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 14:46 DangerDog

The Magician wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:03:
I didn't even know C1 had multiplayer. I played the C2 preview beta thingee for all of about 5 minutes before deciding that Crytek didn't know squat about making multiplayer games.

I'm getting so sick of all the negativity on blues news!!! You people need to start enjoying these call of duty clone shooters and stop complaining about lack of depth and generic gameplay!

8. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 14:17 siapnar

It ran like shit for me until I disabled Vsync. Dunno if you've given that a try  

I have projectile dysfunction.

7. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 13:58 theyarecomingforyou

SLI doesn't work for me, so performance is poor. I'm running the latest nVidia drivers for Crysis 3, so I really don't know what the issue is this time.

As for the intro video, I hate pre-order bonuses that give you an in-game advantage. They've managed to take the most despised feature of F2P games and add it into their regular games.

6. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 13:28 siapnar

I'm having a lot of fun with this. The matchmaking system is smooth, with easy map voting and other nice additions.

The graphics are... really fucking good.

Movement is smooth, and gunlplay follows suit.

I like it a lot, and single player should be a blast.

One annoying thing is the announcer/drill sergeant/motivational speaker guy at the end of the match barking at you.

I have projectile dysfunction.

5. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 13:03 The Magician

4. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 11:51 theyarecomingforyou

Not being that familiar with the Origin client the process to install the beta wasn't as intuitive as it should have been. Anyway, downloading...  

3. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 11:02 ItBurn

ViRGE wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 10:44:
Did anyone seriously play C2 or C1 multiplayer? When I think Crysis, I think single-player game.

I played some Crysis 1 multiplayer. I don't like the feeling when you hit someone. It sounds like someone hitting plastic. It's annoying. Also, players are too resistant. Other than that, in deathmatch, it's functional, but it lacks the charm of Far cry 1 multiplayer. The Crysis wars mode is insane though. HUGE maps and complex mechanics. It's a shame it didn't pick up. It's close to Battlefield.

I barely played Crysis 2. It has all the annoyances of Crysis 1, except that it's now a generic Call of Duty clone with small maps.

2. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 10:44 ViRGE

1. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 10:00 pagb

Well, the Hunter mode is kinda entertaining... But after C2, I won't be paying more than 5$ for anything coming from Crytek.  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo