Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sins of a Dark Age Trailer

This trailer introduces Sins of a Dark Empire, the upcoming strategy/RPG MOBA dealie from Sins of a Solar Age developer Ironclad games. Accompanied by new screenshots and artwork, the clip features gameplay footage and developer commentary to set the stage for the game, describes plans for post-release content including new heroes and quests to keep things fresh for players, and discusses the interplay of strategies they are seeking to create.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 23:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rrrrrgh... shit like this infuriates me.

After you already have a great franchise in SoaSE, why the hell do you downgrade yourselves and make this crap?

I don't think there's much of a crossover in audiences either, from real RTS games such as SoaSE to MOBA nonsense. MOBA games in general seemed aimed at people who cannot or will not play more 'traditional' or larger scope RTS games.

At least SoaSE:Rebellion is pretty damned great. It's a shame to lose yet another developer, but these guys will either go bankrupt or continue to make this RTS-lite crap from this point on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 21:57 JSP

If this game is indeed deemed a flop, there won't be Ironclad anymore.  

11. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 21:25 jdreyer

Saboth wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 20:44:
I'd be all over these games if the playerbase wasn't purely toxic. The last thing I want after a hard day's work is to be chewed out by some basement dweller that has nothing better to do than play video games 15 hours a day. Why can't we just go back pre-DOTA to just plain old Warcraft 3, without "multiplayer".

Well, there's Warcraft: A New Dawn mod under development.

Also, too: Fallen Enchantress?

Oh, I forgot I heard that Crusader Kings II is pretty good, too.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2013, 21:31.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 29, 2013, 21:20 UConnBBall

Smite seems much more like what he is talking about and less what the video footage shows. The animation looks painful!  

9. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 20:44 Saboth

I'd be all over these games if the playerbase wasn't purely toxic. The last thing I want after a hard day's work is to be chewed out by some basement dweller that has nothing better to do than play video games 15 hours a day. Why can't we just go back pre-DOTA to just plain old Warcraft 3, without "multiplayer".  

8. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 20:43 Burrito of Peace

Not SoaSE 2?

Amount of fucks given: 0.

7. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 19:19 jacobvandy

I guess they're trying to show off the visual detail, which will be ignored by virtually everybody during normal gameplay.  

6. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 17:10 AngelicPenguin

I wonder why all the footage they show is so zoomed in (I played it without audio, so apologies if the director explained that.)

Dunno, it just seems like this sort of game is more impressive seeing the larger picture.

5. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 14:33 Ozmodan

Just what we don't need another MOBA.  

4. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 13:59 Crustacean Soup

jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:41:
I had no idea SoaDA was a MOBA. Thought it was an strategy game a la the original Sins. I agree with the other commenters, while I loved Sins, and appreciate how Ironclad continued to update that game and keep it fresh, I don't have much interest in this. Not really into multiplayer much.

Edit, and yeah, I that's a terrible video, but I don't blame that guy. He's doing the best that he can.
I thought I heard that it's supposed to be an RTS/MOBA hybrid (someone playing RTS with the creeps). I appear to have been mistaken.

3. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 13:41 jdreyer

I had no idea SoaDA was a MOBA. Thought it was an strategy game a la the original Sins. I agree with the other commenters, while I loved Sins, and appreciate how Ironclad continued to update that game and keep it fresh, I don't have much interest in this. Not really into multiplayer much.

Edit, and yeah, I that's a terrible video, but I don't blame that guy. He's doing the best that he can.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 12:19 dj LiTh

Well, that was pretty underwelming. Between League of Legends and Dota2, i personally think the modest market is already saturated. Maybe after this flops they'll need to make some money and make SoaSe2 so we can finally figure out whats chasing the Vasari.  

1. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 11:46 grudgebearer

Meh...

Never really to into the "MOBA" genre...this video doesn't make me want to jump into it...

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo