Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2013, 17:28 Julio

Rogers was a far worse experience than Bell for me. But both are horrible.

Rogers internet service was down constantly, and after eight service calls in a year (which require you to be there during working hours, even though the issue is with their lines not on your property) I gave up on them. Eight days off work in a year for their incompetence.

I'm still unlimited internet usage on Bell (though they tried to change that multiple times). From "you're an important loyal customer so we have a new plan" to constantly raising pricing to try to force me onto caps, they've given up on switching me to a caps plan for now. They also tried to get my wife to switch my plan to 'a better one', even though its not under her name.

Sadly, the quasi ISP monopoly leaves consumers high prices, and 3rd world internet in Canada. They've actually done studies that show internet in Canada is worse than African countries get.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2013, 14:50 Cram

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:22:
I hate Rogers far worse than Bell

From my own personal experience, Rogers has been fantastic for mobile. I won't speak on their Internet, I've read the stories.

I had a two year contract with Bell around 2005. I accidentally uploaded two pictures onto some bloatware cloud service on my samsung phone, hit the wrong button I guess. I didn't even know the phone was Internet capable. Anyways, those two pictures, both under 1mb each ended up costing me $150 on my next bill. Bell told me to go fuck myself. Sure, a mistake was made due to ignorance but seriously $150 for two small jpegs is ridiculous. The customer service guy and his manager I eventually talked to both said they would not help me with the charges under any circumstances.

Rogers now, two years into a three year contract and six months before I am eligible for any upgrade. Get a phone call, tell me if I am willing to stay with them and resign for three years they will: remove all early upgrade fees, give me a $100 gift certificate to the home shopping channel, and give me a 32gb Galaxy S-3 for $50. I was able to talk them into giving me the phone for free. I literally paid nothing for upgrading from an S1 to an S3 except recommitting to Rogers, which I was going to do anyway. One year earlier they upgraded my plan for me, for a lower rate. 6gb bandwidth, unlimited local calling, my10, myone, free a bunch of other things including call display, and voicemail for $55 a month not including tax. The LTE network is substantially faster too. I guess I've been lucky and at the right place at the right time for what I consider a remarkable experience.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2013, 13:22 Cutter

I hate Rogers far worse than Bell but yeah, they're both indicative of how woeful business competition is in Canada, which is to say virtually none. Canada needs to get out of the 18th century with its tariffs and fear of competition.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2013, 11:48 Parallax Abstraction

Verno wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 09:46:
Bell Canada Offers Unlimited Data.

Back to the future apparently.

It's Bell. They're the scummiest of the 3 big Canadian telecartels by FAR. Rest assured, if they're offering that, it's either coming with some massive caveats or they're planning to screw people somewhere else. Bell does nothing that's ultimately to the benefit of consumers.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2013, 09:46 Verno

Bell Canada Offers Unlimited Data.

Back to the future apparently.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer