Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta

NVIDIA now offers new version 313.95 beta GeForce drivers for NVIDIA graphics cards. The drivers are available for Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit, for Windows Vista/7/8 64-bit, for Windows XP 32-bit, and for Windows XP 64-bit. These are the recommended GeForce drivers for the Crysis 3 open beta that's expected tomorrow, and they are also said to offer performance improvements over the WHQL-certified version 310.90 GeForce drivers. Thanks Charles.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 19:24 pagb

Why they go with Crysis open beta again? Back with the 2nd it exposed a shitload of issues that made it pristine/untouched to retail... until well a month after release.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 17:51 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 11:14:
Yeah, I have no idea whether it would work or not, but it would really make a gamer's life far more pleasant.

Creston

Agree, I remember when an Nvidia update broke XWing Alliance to the point that it was unplayable. It was still broken as of a few years ago last time I checked, although there look to be some current mods show you how to install it on Win 7, so maybe it's playable now. I have to go dig up my disks...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 17:40 Redmask

That Mechwarrior Mod was about the most fun I got out of Crysis MP.  

12. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 17:27 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 16:15:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:34:
Oh Crytek you're so silly, you think your game is Call of Duty with a nano suit.
Does anyone really play Crysis for the multiplayer, though?

No not really, power struggle wasn't horrible from Crysis 1 but it lacked some of the teamplay aspects you come to expect in a team based shooter. It was like playing Battlefield conquest mode but with deathmatch rules, no squads, no support rolls.

The nano suit is what throws everything out of whack, everyone being superman just isn't that much fun.

They do have a mode in this one where one person is all nano suited up and everyone else is just regular soldier with a gun, but even if it's fun they'll screw it up with DLC map packs you'll need to buy right after you've paid $60 for the game.

11. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 17:01 PHJF

I desperately wanted to play Crysis online but it was so undercooked and buggy...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 16:50 Shataan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 16:15:
Oh Crytek you're so silly, you think your game is Call of Duty with a nano suit.

True. I played Crysis 1, skipped the mp. It was all about the campaign for me.

9. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 16:15 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 14:34 DangerDog

7. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 14:24 theyarecomingforyou

Techie714 wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 11:59:
On a side note I've been beta testing that new Nvida Experience that tweaks games based on your card. It actually works really well. Although the game selection is very limited, it will mature. Overall it made my BF3 game look & play a little better. =)
I'm interested in that but it doesn't support SLI yet.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 12:39 AngelicPenguin

Weird look at that, an Nvidia driver ready before the game comes out.  

5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 12:14 Quboid

Rather than (or as well as) linking to the US versions of drivers, why not just link to http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy ? It's not the biggest chore to do this by hand but I'm sure a fairly large percentage of Bluesnewsers aren't using a US operating system.  

- Quboid

4. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 11:59 Techie714

On a side note I've been beta testing that new Nvida Experience that tweaks games based on your card. It actually works really well. Although the game selection is very limited, it will mature. Overall it made my BF3 game look & play a little better. =)  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 11:14 Creston

Yeah, I have no idea whether it would work or not, but it would really make a gamer's life far more pleasant.

Creston

2. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 11:11 Parallax Abstraction

Creston wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 11:08:
I wish, at some point, we would get the ability to use drivers on a per-instance basis. So, for example, if I launched Crysis 3, it would use driver version 313.95. And if I launched an older game, it would use driver version whatever that ran the best for that game.

This way we could stop worrying about miraculous new driver X which increases Latest Game Du Jour by 30%, and breaks 8 old ones...

Creston

Oh man, that would be such an incredible innovation. I don't know if the current Windows driver framework would permit it but given that since Windows Vista, video drivers can be shut down and restarted without requiring a reboot, I bet this could be possible. I'd love to see that.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

1. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 11:08 Creston

I wish, at some point, we would get the ability to use drivers on a per-instance basis. So, for example, if I launched Crysis 3, it would use driver version 313.95. And if I launched an older game, it would use driver version whatever that ran the best for that game.

This way we could stop worrying about miraculous new driver X which increases Latest Game Du Jour by 30%, and breaks 8 old ones...

Creston

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo