Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer

The launch trailer (commercial?) from Dead Space 3 offers some gameplay footage from the upcoming horror-themed shooter sequel, along with a Phil Collins remix for extra terror. No Xenomorph's were harmed in the making of this video. Thanks Polygon.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 18:13 FloorPie

Gameplay looks interesting. I'm not sure the phil collins cover works for the game, unless one fears phil collins music. Good cover of the song though.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 17:08 Tumbler

If so i'll save 1 & 2 for the summer gaming drought.

I thought the first one was great. The ending wasn't great but the experience of playing the game up to that point was excellent.

The second didn't feel right as a story. It was kind of like hitting the reset button and you play through almost the same general story in a new location...but somehow it seems highly unlikely that these events would be happening they way they imply. I'm trying not to spoil anything but the 2nd one failed for me because it felt like the devs just wanted to make the same experience over again in a new place. It would be like watching the sequel of a movie....wait...

It's like Die Hard. It's EXACTLY like Die Hard. Every movie is John McClane doing the same shit in a different place. The first Die Hard is awesome, the second one is a little hard to believe but, meh whatever, it's fun. The third...wtf is this nonsense, ok it's a movie, whatever, then the fourth one shows up and you're like "he's fighting a Hover Jet?!" And now another one comes out and oh ok, so he's doing all this shit again!

Judging by my experience with the first and second one expect Dead Space 3 to be like Die Hard 3. (Murica never dies or some shit like th...no that was 4, Die Harder?) Fuck it, Dead Hard 3.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 15:35 Verno

The first game was a good mix of tension, terror and jump scares. The second game is still freaky but is more jump scare than anything else.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

7. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 15:24 Raptor

I'm not fully right to judge as I've played about half of the second I think, but SS2 atmosphere to me it was not.

I was more scared about being jumped by something from somewhere than actually being frightened by the atmosphere.

Maybe it's just the GTE gameplay that takes away from it, but I was more scared of the first walker in SS2 than of any encounter I had.
Felt a bit too general. Especially with the "escape sequences" and preplanned non-emergent gameplay.

Also I dislike bossfights, especially those where you have to find the "killspot"

The world wasn't interesting or fun to explore either, but I started from the 2nd part instead of first, so that could have ruined a bit for me.

6. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 14:23 4D-Boxing

someone told me this was the closest thing to SS2 atmosphere wise so i was going to pre-order and buy 1 & 2.

Correct me if i'm wrong,but didn't the devs or publisher have some fancy announcement just to say the PC version would be a bad port?

If so i'll save 1 & 2 for the summer gaming drought.

5. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 13:14 Tumbler

I look forward to getting this on the cheap. I'd pay $5...maybe even $10 but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get a copy by trading and maybe be out of pocket $5-$10.

Hell I could just watch a let's play video in about a week and save myself the trouble of getting a copy.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 12:26 siapnar

Meh  

I have projectile dysfunction.

3. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 10:37 The Half Elf

Not a bad remix either.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 10:31 InBlack

Dead in Space. I get it.  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Dead Space 3 Launch Trailer Jan 28, 2013, 10:20 Omni

Its already dead before its launched.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo