Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots

A new trailer uses live-action and gameplay footage to show off more of GRiD 2, Codemasters' upcoming racing sequel. This is accompanied by some new screenshots and the following explanation: "The video, part one of a series of three, follows the fortunes of Chris Harris, motoring journalist and regular contributor to YouTube’s DRIVE channel, who has joined together with Codemasters to provide insight into car handling and vehicle selection for the game. In the video, Chris throws his McLaren around the famous circuit in pursuit of McLaren test driver Mat Jackson and uses in-game expertise from GRID 2 and Codemasters staff to gain the advantage. The video shows how Brands Hatch is created in-game and features stunning real life footage of the stunning McLarens power-sliding around some of the most iconic corners in racing, and is now playing at www.youtube.com/gridgame."

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Feb 4, 2013, 16:14 mazling

Put your varied and interesting driving challenges in your game by all means, but some of us just want to race. Some of us just want a track, a car, and a stopwatch. Why not give some different and independent campaigns focusing on a single activity? Why *must* we do boring things in games?

I'll also say that the convoluted, absurdly intricate and terribly-slow-to-navigate menu systems in Codemasters' driving games as well as the buddy and rival crap really irritate me. I feel a(nother) TOCA 3 session is imminent.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 29, 2013, 16:14 StaTik

I'm all for these track racers but when are we going to see some real driving physics on streets? Somebody needs to make a TDU2 and apply some GT5/Forza modding and driving physics. A little NFS underground wouldn't hurt either. I miss blasting down the highway running from cops and dodging traffic. NFS The Run/Most Wanted just doesn't cut it.  

25. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 29, 2013, 11:51 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 20:05:
Creston wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 13:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 11:41:
They lose me at drifting Mclarens.
Since the Forza series I just can't fucking stand figure skating.. er... drifting, and to show off a RACING game with guys in RL drifting is unforgivable.

Just out of curiosity, why is it unforgivable? What's wrong with drifting?

Creston

It's the cars they are in that they can't drive that's unforgivable. It's like owning a Ferrari and going to the local McDonald's parking lot and doing donuts.

Ok you guys missed the RL in my post means REAL LIFE. You don't take Mclarens with Mclaren drivers and drive shitty with them on a track to show off a driving game.
If they were going for the Forza Horizons, or Need for Speed sorta feel I would understand that to a point, but racing has always been about 2 things. 1)Best time, 2)first across the finish line.

Next thing you know they'll show Micheal Schumacher skidding and drifting around corners in a F1 car.

You seem to be under the impression that drifting is somehow evidence of a guy being unable to drive or something? That he's doing it because he can't take the corner normally? You're aware that drifting WELL actually takes pretty decent driving skills, right?

And since they drive on sticky slicks, if I saw Schumacher managing to drift an F1 car, I'd be REALLY impressed. :p

Creston

24. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 29, 2013, 11:48 Creston

Omni wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 19:11:
I am sorry but drifting game mode doesn't belong in a real racing games and I have to agree with nin.

Is it a special mode? (I didn't watch the video, it wouldn't load for me last night.) Or is it just possible to do it in the "normal" mode for the game? Because if it's possible in the normal mode, it just shows that cars behave realistically. You can drift any rear-wheel drive car as long as it has enough torgue.

Creston

23. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 29, 2013, 09:59 Omni

Firstly, GRID never tried to be a simulator - it was an arcade racer that went for a semi-realistic approach. Secondly, drifting was in the original game and was well implemented. Not including drifting would be removing a feature from the original game.

Did you see my writing anything about Grid?
I wasn't talking about Grid I was talking about drifting and racing.
It would be good if you read what people write before you start throw words around.
Thank you.

22. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 21:27 cronik

GriD was awesome sauce!  

21. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 20:28 theyarecomingforyou

Omni wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 19:11:
I am sorry but drifting game mode doesn't belong in a real racing games and I have to agree with nin.
Firstly, GRID never tried to be a simulator - it was an arcade racer that went for a semi-realistic approach. Secondly, drifting was in the original game and was well implemented. Not including drifting would be removing a feature from the original game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

20. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 20:15 jacobvandy

You're missing the entire point of the video, dude.  

19. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 20:05 The Half Elf

Since the Forza series I just can't fucking stand figure skating.. er... drifting, and to show off a RACING game with guys in RL drifting is unforgivable.

Creston

It's the cars they are in that they can't drive that's unforgivable. It's like owning a Ferrari and going to the local McDonald's parking lot and doing donuts.

Ok you guys missed the RL in my post means REAL LIFE. You don't take Mclarens with Mclaren drivers and drive shitty with them on a track to show off a driving game.
If they were going for the Forza Horizons, or Need for Speed sorta feel I would understand that to a point, but racing has always been about 2 things. 1)Best time, 2)first across the finish line.

Next thing you know they'll show Micheal Schumacher skidding and drifting around corners in a F1 car.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 19:11 Omni

In an actual speed race, nobody would drift because it's the slowest way possible to take a turn. Driving skill wise, however, (and as a showoff for the driving model in the game), it's not a bad way to go.

Creston

Just look at the Dirt series it was all about rally and now they added all kind of "none" racing events which ruined the game for me and others for that matter.

17. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 17:57 jdreyer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 16:20:
Those videos are clearly taken from console. Codemasters did the same thing with DiRT Showdown, in that all the preview videos were based on the console footage - when I played the demo on PC the graphics were way better than anything I'd seen.

Personally I think it's moronic to put out footage from a console version, particularly when they super-compress it. At least with Crysis 3 they use the PC footage.

Hmm, maybe they didn't want to create unreasonable expectations? I guess I'll wait and see when someone posts some 1080p PC footage online.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

16. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 17:31 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:05:

I don't consider that racing...

In an actual speed race, nobody would drift because it's the slowest way possible to take a turn. Driving skill wise, however, (and as a showoff for the driving model in the game), it's not a bad way to go.

Creston

15. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 16:20 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:45:
This vid didn't show much gameplay, so here are a couple more:

Chicago
California

The graphics look fine, but not all that different from the original, which is 5 years old at this point. Which is fine, since the original looked so good, but surprising given the time span.
Those videos are clearly taken from console. Codemasters did the same thing with DiRT Showdown, in that all the preview videos were based on the console footage - when I played the demo on PC the graphics were way better than anything I'd seen.

Personally I think it's moronic to put out footage from a console version, particularly when they super-compress it. At least with Crysis 3 they use the PC footage.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

14. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 15:56 Yosemite Sam

Thats not what I took from the vid. The way I saw this trailer was quite the opposite, it was showing that you cant win throwing your car around. He couldnt win because he was drifting, too much throttle and oversteer like was said. Then they show him racing again and he isnt drifting while the other car is so he overtakes the other car and wins.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

13. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 15:10 DangerDog

I don't mind the no cockpit view, I usually prefer bumper cam when playing racing games but they should offer the ability to move the camera more to the left when driving with the view of your hood, dead center seems strange for that view.  

12. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 15:06 Optional nickname

GT5 forever. Until GT6 comes out.

I heard much praise about Grid1, but nothing will ever pull me away from the Nurburging sim off the PS3, until GT6 that is.

11. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 14:45 jdreyer

I didn't see much drifting in game in that vid. Most of what I saw was drifting in real life. Those McLarens are street cars, you're just not going to avoid drifting at speed in the sharp corners of Brands Hatch unless you're in an F1 race car.

This vid didn't show much gameplay, so here are a couple more:

Chicago
California

The graphics look fine, but not all that different from the original, which is 5 years old at this point. Which is fine, since the original looked so good, but surprising given the time span.

10. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 14:28 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:08:
actually using a wheel controller instead of a gamepad, I'm impressed.

I had to use a real wheel with the original GRID. Didn't have enough control with my 360 controller.

9. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 14:08 DangerDog

actually using a wheel controller instead of a gamepad, I'm impressed.  

8. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 14:05 nin

Creston

I don't consider that racing...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo