Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales

The Bethesda Blog notes that pre-purchases of Dragonborn on Steam are now underway, offering the chance to pre-spend some cash on the next DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the latest installment in the RPG series.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 13:55 Optional Nickname!

I'm still enjoying Oblivion. With hundreds of installed mods, hundreds of megs of added text and textures and near infinite customization I suspect that The Elder Scrolls V:Steam will be long forgotten by the time I run out of things to add.

Thank you OBMM, Thank you OBSE, Thank you Wrye Bash! FU,GN.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 11:47 Mashiki Amiketo

Quinn wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 04:16:
I think that term is "so 2009", by now. I think Dawnguard and Dragonborn are expansions just as well as Tribunal and Bloodmoon were..?
I'd agree with that. I got around 6 and 8 hours out of both of those. And got around 6hrs out of Dawnguard. If they labeled them as expansions though they'd probably get double the sales.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 11:05 Creston

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 03:21:
Whatever happened to expansions? I would be all over an expansion for Skyrim. DLC? Erm no thanks.

Every review of this DLC has basically said "it's an expansion."

It introduces an entirely new island, with quite a lot of new (Morrowind inspired!) scenery, new monsters, new shouts, etc etc. Not sure why it being called a DLC would be the deal-breaker here?

Creston

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 11:03 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 19:05:
How does Skyrim DLC work? Is it like Fallout: New Vegas, where you continue with the same character? Do you need a high level character?

You don't need a high level character, though I wouldn't start the DLC until you're at least level 15 or so. In the case of the first DLC, trying to fight the vampires or the hunters at low level is pretty much suicide.

Dragonborn was, I believe, announced to be a fairly high-level affair, but I don't know for sure. It would make sense that the first Dragonborn / Mega Dragon Priest isn't going to be a pushover.

Creston

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 09:56 Sho

Looking forward to this because it shares a setting with the second Morrowind add-on, so we're getting to see some Morrowind era designs with Skyrim graphics.  

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 07:35 dj LiTh

Indeed, Dragonborn is much more like an expansion in the traditional sense, just with its content delivered digitally. Its gotten great reviews on the xbox360 as opposed to dawnguard which as you know hasnt faired well for its price/value  

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 06:10 Quinn

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 05:59:
Not Dawnguard, no way... I still haven't played it, but by all accounts you're lucky if it lasts you 6-8 hours. Dragonborn, however, is supposed to be MUCH larger. Like, so much larger I was surprised to see it priced at $20 instead of $30. Knights of the Nine vs. Shivering Isles for Oblivion. But, I guess we'll see next week.

Can't wait. Didn't know Dragonborn is supposed to be so much bigger than Dawnguard! Makes sense though, since we get an entire new island if I'm correct? Can't wait!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 05:59 jacobvandy

Not Dawnguard, no way... I still haven't played it, but by all accounts you're lucky if it lasts you 6-8 hours. Dragonborn, however, is supposed to be MUCH larger. Like, so much larger I was surprised to see it priced at $20 instead of $30. Knights of the Nine vs. Shivering Isles for Oblivion. But, I guess we'll see next week.  

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 04:16 Quinn

InBlack wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 03:21:
Whatever happened to expansions? I would be all over an expansion for Skyrim. DLC? Erm no thanks.

I think that term is "so 2009", by now. I think Dawnguard and Dragonborn are expansions just as well as Tribunal and Bloodmoon were..?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 03:31 Fion

Looking forward to this one, hear it's quite extensive and fun. But hell I haven't even done any of the last DLC I bought. Every time I get into the game for a few weeks I think 'ok, time to do the DLC stuff' but then I find myself off doing 20 other things that I haven't done before.. even with my high elf sorcerer/vampire character! Hell, I have ~300 hours played and I haven't even gotten very far in the story on my main char (I'm up to the whole infiltrate the high elf base part), let alone hardly any of the war stuff.

Ah well, it's a great game for the 'dry season' that usually happens in feb/march. Even better to have new stuff just waiting to be played.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 28, 2013, 03:21 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 27, 2013, 21:07 Mashiki Amiketo

How does Skyrim DLC work? Is it like Fallout: New Vegas, where you continue with the same character? Do you need a high level character?
Yep you can continue with the same character. At the very worst in some cases there is a min. level cap like with dawnguard which required you to be level 10 or 13 I think. Otherwise everything levels up along with you, so it can be as difficult or as easy as anything else.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 27, 2013, 20:43 Quinn

Got meself a frustrating problem..

I've played and replayed Skyrim too many times, and although I haven't explored everything yet.. I have indeed bled it dry. A reroll for Dragonborn would therefore be too much of a drag, but I've also lost my connection with my lvl 49 Wood Elf archer/thief/assassin. In this way I want Dragonborn so very bad... but I also don't know how to approach this dilemma..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 27, 2013, 19:58 jacobvandy

You can continue with the same character, but you don't have to. And if it's like the rest of the storyline quests, they scale to your level, so that doesn't matter.  

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 27, 2013, 19:44 ItBurn

Yes, Same character, no.

I can't wait to play.

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 27, 2013, 19:05 Quboid

- Quboid

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 27, 2013, 17:10 dj LiTh

Preordered, Feb 5th cannot come fast enough. I think i'll be doing some major research from here until then to figure out what mods i want to run.  

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn Pre-Sales Jan 27, 2013, 17:07 ^Drag0n^

TAKE MY MONEY.  

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo