Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DayZ Status Report

The DayZ Blog has an update on plans for a standalone game based on the DayZ zombie modification for Arma II (thanks VG247). This covers a broad variety of topics, and concludes with a handy summary of where things stand right now:

When is it releasing?

We don’t know. We’re going to take our time. I feel fantastic about the situation, more than ever I feel like we’re doing something really interesting with this development. Now is not the time to rush things, but we do need to ensure our pace is kept up. Our development blog and getting players in and testing as soon as possible will be key in ensuring we succeed in making this a great game.

Concluding words

At no point in development, have I been as excited as I am right now. The risks we took with the direction have paid off. The engine and approach of the game is now entirely DayZ’s own, it is striking out into it’s own territory as a project. This is very exciting for all the team.

I do need to caution though, it is a bad idea to overhype the project. We know that there are many challenges that we will face from deciding to effectively write a new engine tailored to DayZ. But we are now entirely confident, that this decision will prove to have been the best decision we could make. Now we will be able to make the game that we’ve all always wanted.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 26, 2013, 18:55 jacobvandy

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 17:44:
only if it has SP play as well.

Of course it has single-player... Just be prepared to be a) extremely paranoid and b) dying a sad and lonely death.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 26, 2013, 18:10 Krizzen

Isn't it a lot like Minecraft?

Like, you YouTube yourself playing ridiculously long, and boring sessions, then occasionally get attacked by zombies with hideous AI and glitchy movement while screaming like a girl?

Or has something changed?

3. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 26, 2013, 17:46 Smooth Gravy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE]

2. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 26, 2013, 17:44 Marvin T. Martian

only if it has SP play as well.  

1. Re: DayZ Status Report Jan 26, 2013, 16:46 siapnar

This game if gonna sell like mother fuckin hotcakes  

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo