Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today

Today is the release date for the Windows edition of DmC: Devil May Cry, Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry-based brawler. The game is available from retailers in Europe, while North American customers can get it digitally via GameStop PC Downloads, Origin, and Steam. This new trailer offers a look at the PC edition in action, and Capcom Unity has word that a livestream of the PC edition is planned for 6:00 pm EST today on Twitch, and they have a set of Alienware peripherals one participant will win. Here's word on the game:

In this retelling of Dante's origin story which is set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC Devil May Cry™ retains the stylish action, fluid combat and self-assured protagonist that have defined the iconic series but inject a more brutal and visceral edge.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 27, 2013, 06:46 Dr. D. Schreber

Excellent port. Crashed on me once about five minutes in, then ran perfect when I went through my first playthrough in two sittings.

This really is an improvement over even the best of the last installments in many ways. It's probably the best-looking UE3 game we'll ever see, and the art direction is much more interesting. There's color (mostly in the supernatural version of the city, in a nice twist) everywhere, characters are all unique and memorable, sometimes because they did a very good job making them gross and disturbing. See figure: the Succubus. If the new Dante turns you off, the new Vergil should balance that out nicely with the way he's gone through the de-anime filter. None of the backtracking nonsense from DMC4, either. Or the alternate protagonist nonsense, for that matter.

My one complaint is difficulty. It's not as piss-weak easy as DMC2 was, but it won't be giving Ninja Gaidan a run for its money like the American DMC3 did.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 27, 2013, 06:31 netnerd85

Quinn wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 05:59:
that protagonist..
Is asking for it... mMMm

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 27, 2013, 05:59 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 21:49:
If you're playing a DMC game (or pretty much any Capcom game) for the story, you're doing it wrong.

I understand where you're coming from but... that protagonist.. lol

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 26, 2013, 21:49 Jerykk

If you're playing a DMC game (or pretty much any Capcom game) for the story, you're doing it wrong.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 26, 2013, 19:59 Quinn

Alright.. tried the first 5 mins and then removed the game from my computer.

What a fucking retarded protagonist..

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 26, 2013, 19:31 Quinn

I'm trying this one out!

But before I start, is there something I need to know about the characters/story? I havent played the earlier games....

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 26, 2013, 07:31 netnerd85

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 12:13:
DmC aint my thing, but one of the groups that were hired to do the music Noisia are absolute top notch talent
I keep falling into Genres that haven't interested me much in the past 20 odd years but for the past 9-12 months I have been trying a lot of new genres and being pleasantly suprised.

First was RPG's with Two Worlds II, then hack n slash with Blades of Time. After that was two games by From Software, Darks Souls (RPG) & Blades of Time (hack n slash). Few others in there too.

Always been a military shooter kind of player, more the tactical side of things though and a huge fan of anything set in WW2. Very glad I have taken to time and faithful leap into the previously unknown genres.

Makes me feel kind of silly for passing them up for 2 decades!

Still, FPS and WW2 games rule. Finally playing Wolfenstein 2009 at the moment as well. They really got the shooting nazis part down perfectly in this game, so much fun just to shoot foot soldiers with an MP40.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 26, 2013, 00:35 Kobalt

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 20:32:
PS Why did they wait so long to do something with this property? They regularly sold 3 million copies a piece, isn't that a bonafide hit? What is wrong with you capcom and what did you do to Megaman?

As far as I know the last one was a mediocre rehash and sold about as well. None of them came close to the popularity of the first one, though the 3rd one did bring it back from being a completely dead franchise. God of war pretty much took the crown for this genre that devil may cry created(I admit to getting a little mad that people call all these games god of war clones now, including dmc games).

Capcom is in the same position it finds itself every 5 years or so. Comes out with a excellent new game, milks it so much everyone hates it. When people start to question how long capcom can last with worse and worse sales every year they wake up and kick ass again.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 25, 2013, 20:32 Cyanotetyphas

Played the PS3 demo. The combat is smooth though maybe toned down a notch after DMc 3/4. I thought the way the levels fragmented around you was pretty cool and the platforming and exploration feels a little better here. In all the other DMCs, secrets consist of running through a linear series of rooms for half the level and then running back to the start, but here things were tucked down alleys and out of the way jumps.

Virgil doesn't seem as cool but I'm sadly not 12 anymore so I don't get quite the same mileage out of pretending I'm him and swinging a stick around in the backyard anymore, anyway. Tweaking the characters away from perma-smug is probably the way to go (they were doing this with Nero anyway).

PS Why did they wait so long to do something with this property? They regularly sold 3 million copies a piece, isn't that a bonafide hit? What is wrong with you capcom and what did you do to Megaman?

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 25, 2013, 13:26 Redmask

I don't really play many PS3 games but I will pick this up based on that recommendation, thanks sounds like fun.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 25, 2013, 13:05 Agent.X7

SHORT. I got it on the PS3 and beat it in less than a week. Playing 1 - 2 hours a night. And I suck at this type of game. (Could never beat God of War 1 even on easy.)

That said, don't skip it just because it is short. (Though you may want to wait for a sale.) I bought it because Ninja Theory made Enslaved, a game I really enjoyed. Although I don't like this type of game much, the story was pretty cool (although some of the dialogue is very juvenile) and the environments were amazing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 25, 2013, 12:13 dj LiTh

DmC aint my thing, but one of the groups that were hired to do the music Noisia are absolute top notch talent  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DmC: Devil May Cry; Livestream Today Jan 25, 2013, 10:27 netnerd85

OMG. The game is awesome. Love it. It looks amazing on the PC. I was a little worried from screenshots and the PS3 demo but it's way better looking on the PC.

The fan boys are being hissy girls.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo