Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Funcom Closing Chinese Studio

Funcom's restructuring continues, reports Gamasutra, saying the company is closing down its studio in Beijing China that was responsible for the art and animation in The Secret World, Funcom's conspiratorial MMORPG. These responsibilities will be taken up by the company's office in Raleigh, North Carolina, which will also be tasked with creating assets for Age of Conan and Anarchy Online, though the report notes that as part of this restructuring some positions have been cut in Raleigh, as well. No word if this has resulted in outcry from Chinese developers about their jobs being outsourced to the U.S.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 26, 2013, 20:35 Orphic Resonance

selection7 wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 13:00:
The Chinese were the outsource. Maybe that was the joke, IDK.

Nod

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 26, 2013, 13:30 UConnBBall

I fire up Anarchy Online every couple of years and I have a blast for 2 days BUT it is so complex that I just get frustrated. I am old with kids and 2 jobs and a wife who wants to spend time with me

I am guessing MMO are out for me in all reality.

8. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 26, 2013, 13:00 selection7

The Chinese were the outsource. Maybe that was the joke, IDK. Funcom is European, so the only way it wouldn't be outsourcing is if it were in their home country.  

7. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 23:30 Keith

I could care less about Secret World. Just wasn't any fun. Conan wasn't any better. I would buy Anarchy Online II though. Awesome game. Still get all nostalgic to fire it up now and then.  

6. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 25, 2013, 17:11 UConnBBall

Personally I want Anarchy Online 2!!!!  

5. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 16:16 jdreyer

I wonder what happened with the project to upgrade Anarchy Online to the Conan engine.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 14:10 NKD

I actually had a friend who worked in this studio a long while back before the game even had a title. There were a lot of Americans who worked there. So, probably Americans getting downsized here too, LOL.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

3. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 13:37 Steelcamp

heh!  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

2. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 13:00 Stimpack

wtf man? That is pretty funny.  

1. Re: Funcom Closing Chinese Studio Jan 25, 2013, 09:36 wtf_man

No word if this has resulted in outcry from Chinese developers about their jobs being outsourced to the U.S.

/ROFL

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo