Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event

The BioWare Blog has details on Operation: BALLISTIC, the latest weekend event for Mass Effect 3, the sci-fi RPG/shooter sequel:

Operation BALLISTIC (Jan 25th-27th)

Event Description: Recon has new estimates on the number of Reaper creatures, and the news is dire. Each of you must inflict as many casualties as possible, and we must destroy husk-creation mechanisms like Dragonís Teeth. If we fail to accomplish this, we will be even more outnumbered in the coming days.

Individual Goal: Earn any gold weapon medal (Assault Rifle/Heavy Pistol/Shotgun/Sniper Rifle/Submachine Gun).

Reward: Commendation Pack

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 27, 2013, 02:47 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 12:41:
ME3's combat was barebones and rather bland/boring. The multiplayer is ONLY that combat. I really can't understand why people would still play this.

Because the MP combat is FAR better than the SP combat. It's quicker, more deadly, tons more enemies, and it's a real adrenaline rush at times. Having three Banshees and two Brutes lose in a (small) level while you're trying to dodge Marauders and Cannibals is just utter mayhem.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 26, 2013, 12:41 ItBurn

ME3's combat was barebones and rather bland/boring. The multiplayer is ONLY that combat. I really can't understand why people would still play this.  

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 23:39 SmyTTor

That's slated for the future ME MMO =) Complete with micro(EA definition)transactions!  

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 13:55 NegaDeath

I found it enjoyable for an extended period, far more than I expected. But in the end its limited to horde mode so it'll only hold your interest for so long. I'd still love to see a Mass Effect style Battlefield game.  

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 13:47 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 09:40:
Linthat22 wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 09:39:
Who the hell is still playing this abomination?

Creston?

<ducks!>

Hehe, nah, I stopped playing when GW2 and everything else started coming out. Just didn't have the time to keep up with it anymore.

That said, it's in no way an abomination. It's a very fun mp mode that kept me entertained for a long time, and it's been admirably supported with tons of free content. (not these lame-ass weekends, but free maps, free weapons and most importantly, absolutely TONS of free classes.)

It's just a shame that Bioware seems unwilling/unable to fix the fucking bugs that have been in it since day one.

Creston

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 13:27 Parias

1AngryGamer wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 13:25:
Ah ok. I dont do mulitplayer I thought this was a single player thing. I probably wouldnt even notice all that stuff

Yeah, all the discussions here apply only to the multiplayer mode - I'm in the same boat in that I didn't even bother with it. I've only ever been into Mass Effect for the singleplayer experience, and (controversial ending aside) have always found it very enjoyable. 3 was no exception.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 13:25 Angrius Maximis

Ah ok. I dont do mulitplayer I thought this was a single player thing. I probably wouldnt even notice all that stuff  

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 13:17 Dr. D. Schreber

Plenty of people are still playing, if the ease with which I find matches is any indication. It's rare to wait more than twenty seconds.

1AngryGamer wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 10:33:
Whats wrong with it? Just asking before I buy. I am working through 1 and 2 and will have to play 3. Yes yes I know they patched the ending and changed it. Other than that I mean

The answer you're likely to get here is "OMG horde mode only!" which is probably the best design decision they made. No competition to find the perfect uber-build to kill everyone with, and everyone working towards the same goal means even if someone is stealing all your kills, you still get the exp and credits.

The actual problem multiplayer has is some of the worst netcode this side of a DICE game. If you're not hosting, perceivable lag will always exist and you won't be able to use several of the non-hitscan weapons.

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2013, 13:23.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 10:33 Angrius Maximis

Whats wrong with it? Just asking before I buy. I am working through 1 and 2 and will have to play 3. Yes yes I know they patched the ending and changed it. Other than that I mean  

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 09:40 nin

Linthat22 wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 09:39:

Creston?

<ducks!>

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jan 25, 2013, 09:39 Linthat22

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo