Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2013, 21:57 Sepharo

fujiJuice wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 21:43:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 21:32:
Though I don't necessarily support Take-Two here Darabont sounds like a douche in that quote.

Yes, it was going to be called L.A. Noir, based on the book by John Buntin. But the video game company with the video game called L.A. Noire (with an e!) threatened to sue the shit out of me, TNT, every company that actually ever worked in Hollywood. And they have the billions of dollars to back it up, apparently.

Note the stressing of video game... Which at first seems like it's being done, fair enough, to distinguish that these are properties in different mediums. But then he goes on with "actually ever worked in Hollywood" and "apparently" as if he can't believe a video game company would/could dare stand up to Hollywood.

I think you are reading too much into it. I believe he is just saying the lawsuit is so broad that almost any company in Hollywood even remotely related to the show would be sued. I think the 'apparently' is just him conceding that it isn't with it since they could fight a good fight.

Yeah I considered that but the more I read the more I couldn't un-see it. Why put "actually" there? Also why not name the company, I guess it could just be that he doesn't know their name, but just seems like wilful ignorance. And yes, I'm most definitely reading into it too much but that doesn't mean it's not there

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2013, 21:45 netnerd85

Sepharo wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 21:25:
netnerd85 wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 20:55:
I thought the show was based on the game lol, but I wasn't paying much attention to it.

L.A. Noire, still need to play you some more. Mafia 2 is just better though.

Eh, they're both open world and sort of the same "setting" (historical crime) but other than that I would consider them different genres.

I'd group Mafia closer to GTA, SR3, or just plain action-adventure.
Whereas I'd put L.A. Noire with Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, or adventure games.
Oh yeah completely different. I just meant the style and over all feel (should have been specific) but to be fair I haven't given LA Noire enough time.

Apart from the time period/setting you can't really compare the two games to be honest. They are almost polar opposites. Wish there were more 40's and 50's open world games.

4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2013, 21:43 fujiJuice

Sepharo wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 21:32:
Though I don't necessarily support Take-Two here Darabont sounds like a douche in that quote.

Yes, it was going to be called L.A. Noir, based on the book by John Buntin. But the video game company with the video game called L.A. Noire (with an e!) threatened to sue the shit out of me, TNT, every company that actually ever worked in Hollywood. And they have the billions of dollars to back it up, apparently.

Note the stressing of video game... Which at first seems like it's being done, fair enough, to distinguish that these are properties in different mediums. But then he goes on with "actually ever worked in Hollywood" and "apparently" as if he can't believe a video game company would/could dare stand up to Hollywood.

I think you are reading too much into it. I believe he is just saying the lawsuit is so broad that almost any company in Hollywood even remotely related to the show would be sued. I think the 'apparently' is just him conceding that it isn't with it since they could fight a good fight.

3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2013, 21:32 Sepharo

2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2013, 21:25 Sepharo

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 20:55:
I thought the show was based on the game lol, but I wasn't paying much attention to it.

Eh, they're both open world and sort of the same "setting" (historical crime) but other than that I would consider them different genres.

I'd group Mafia closer to GTA, SR3, or just plain action-adventure.
Whereas I'd put L.A. Noire with Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, or adventure games.

1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 24, 2013, 20:55 netnerd85

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo