Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer

A new trailer from Aliens: Colonial Marines shows off some "kick ass" footage from Gearbox Software's upcoming first-person shooter. Word is: "In anticipation of the upcoming release of Aliens: Colonial Marines, SEGA and Gearbox Software are excited to debut the new Kick Ass trailer. Revealing exhilarating gameplay, stunning visuals and pulse-pounding action, this new glimpse into the Aliens universe shows US Colonial Marines doing what they do best Ė kicking some Xenomorph ass."

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:32 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 15:12:
It is not that Iím defending the game; Iím just getting tired of all the negativity when it comes to pc games in general here at Blues. Itís becoming a routine here listening to whinny assed people bitch about pc games in general when there are not a whole lot of them to go around as it is.

Iíd like to see a pool done to show who all here owns a console versus those of us who do not. In the end, those who own a console are to blame for where pc gaming has gone in general and why we have dumbed down console port.

Ill defend any good pc game, not just this one. I really like the alienís universe in general, and this is the FIRST Aliens game we have gotten that has full on 4 players Coop. and when I hear all the bitching about this game it really pisses me off to no end.

In fact itís getting a little sickening reading it all the time by the same people doing the bitchin. I have faith in Gearbox, itís not like they donít know how to make games or how to make a good coop game. I think borderlands 1 and 2 speak for itself on how good they are in general as a developer.

You can't assume just because Borderlands 2 had mostly decent PC support that this one will, despite the fact that Gearbox made this game too.

I'm still waiting on confirmation for PC features like FOV adjustment, mouseable interface, ability to tweak graphic settings.

I haven't followed every 'tweet' about this game so maybe they've already put this info out but I haven't seen a formal press release like they did for Borderlands 2. I don't want to go hunting through .ini files to make adjustments.

There's also some other unknowns like the decision to go 3rd person when playing an Alien in some multiplayer game modes, can you jump, can you crouch? How dumbed down will the gameplay be?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:28 Cutter

I agree with everything DD just said. And "baddest motherfuckers in the galaxy"? They actually said that? Cereal? I expect metacritic will not be kind to this title.

Rolleyes

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadÖ Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:19 DangerDog

That trailer just took a massive dump on this game

laughably bad voice acting
ugly graphics, but brovo for showing actual crap console graphics and not pre-rendered super anti-aliased graphics.
dub step
inception truck horn

appears as though they're going with the 'evil bishop' story for how that egg ended up on the sulaco. they really seemed to have bungled the textures on the character faces, I know they have dynamic lighting - or suppose to have but the skin textures seem to be too bright.

it still could be a fun game but only the reviews will showcase that.

15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:17 Beelzebud

You know your trailer blows when the writer for the game goes on his twitter feed to announce he had nothing to do with the trailer, and not a word of it was written by him.  

14. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:15 Flatline

Darks wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 13:38:
McSterls wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:55:
Darks wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:49:
I just love how you guys make an opinion about graphics made from a video and probably made on the console version. Sarcasticclap

Isn't that the point of them posting videos' to get potential players reactions and influence sales? Maybe we should just have someone tell us what to think and go with that. Also, the voice actor sucks.

Wrong, you heard a narrator, not actual in game voice actors. I have faith in Gearbox, especially after BL2 and how well done the voice actors were in that game. And about those graphics. Letís get realistic for a moment. Yes graphics are nice to have, but at the end of the day it comes down to the game play and story.

Those are what sells gameís, take a look at Minecraft. shitty graphics, but over 10 million copies sold. The game play sold that game. Sometimes, you all put entirely way to much emphasis on graphics. Iíll take a really good game over graphics any day. And coop is a Hugh plus when it comes to these types of games.

Err... Minecraft has zero gameplay, or maybe .00001 gameplay since there's like zombies and stuff. Minecraft is Planet: Lego.

Anyway, the graphics look circa doom 3 to me. The PC version looked better but they're still missing a lot of aesthetics. For all their effort on getting the right film grain look and stuff, a lot of those color balances feel awful... well... off.

We'll see though. I'm not expecting much, but I'm still on the fence.

13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:12 Darks

Jivaro wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 13:45:
Okay Darks...I have to ask...

Is it just that you are a huge fan of Alien everything or is there some bigger reason you keep jumping in to defend this game every time a a comments section goes negative about it?

Not being snarky...just asking.

It is not that Iím defending the game; Iím just getting tired of all the negativity when it comes to pc games in general here at Blues. Itís becoming a routine here listening to whinny assed people bitch about pc games in general when there are not a whole lot of them to go around as it is.

Iíd like to see a pool done to show who all here owns a console versus those of us who do not. In the end, those who own a console are to blame for where pc gaming has gone in general and why we have dumbed down console port.

Ill defend any good pc game, not just this one. I really like the alienís universe in general, and this is the FIRST Aliens game we have gotten that has full on 4 players Coop. and when I hear all the bitching about this game it really pisses me off to no end.

In fact itís getting a little sickening reading it all the time by the same people doing the bitchin. I have faith in Gearbox, itís not like they donít know how to make games or how to make a good coop game. I think borderlands 1 and 2 speak for itself on how good they are in general as a developer.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:07 Flatline

I just love how you guys make an opinion about graphics made from a video and probably made on the console version. Sarcasticclap

Isn't that the point of them posting videos' to get potential players reactions and influence sales? Maybe we should just have someone tell us what to think and go with that. Also, the voice actor sucks.

I thought to myself:

"Huh... so Duke Nukem is going to be your sarge?"

And I guess we have some plot holes filled in. A rescue mission is dispatched and gets f*cked over, so they send you in to mop up. I guess that works.

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 13:48 Shataan

" Iíll take a really good game over graphics any day."

Then you better hope A CMs is a good game then. ;p

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 13:45 Jivaro

Okay Darks...I have to ask...

Is it just that you are a huge fan of Alien everything or is there some bigger reason you keep jumping in to defend this game every time a a comments section goes negative about it?

Not being snarky...just asking.

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 13:38 Darks

Wrong, you heard a narrator, not actual in game voice actors. I have faith in Gearbox, especially after BL2 and how well done the voice actors were in that game. And about those graphics. Letís get realistic for a moment. Yes graphics are nice to have, but at the end of the day it comes down to the game play and story.

Those are what sells gameís, take a look at Minecraft. shitty graphics, but over 10 million copies sold. The game play sold that game. Sometimes, you all put entirely way to much emphasis on graphics. Iíll take a really good game over graphics any day. And coop is a Hugh plus when it comes to these types of games.

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 13:25 Joss

@ 720p you can pretty much see it's the shitBox version, so meh.  

7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:55 McSterls

6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:49 Darks

Xero wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:26:
Those graphics look A@@tastic. Nothing like the PC version. I was giving this game praise for it's graphics in another post and after seeing this, I can honestly say I'm so glad I don't console game, lol.

I just love how you guys make an opinion about graphics made from a video and proably made on the consiole version. Sarcasticclap

5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:26 Xero

Those graphics look A@@tastic. Nothing like the PC version. I was giving this game praise for it's graphics in another post and after seeing this, I can honestly say I'm so glad I don't console game, lol.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:18 Wallshadows

That voice acting is some of the worst I've heard since the earlier versions of Resident Evil. They should have got someone who has a genuinely badass voice, like Keith David instead of someone just trying to sound mean.

Also, Nin, Super Amazing Wagon Adventure looks amazing!

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2013, 12:26.

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 11:51 Shataan

Not a bad trailer if you turn off the sound. hehhhehhe Hope the PC version looks high rez.  

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 11:43 nin

Agreed. Gonna need to see some reviews.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 11:42 Stimpack

I really, really hope this game turns out to be good.  

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo