Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2013, 21:07 netnerd85

He is not a gamer reviewer as such, he is an entertainer. He is not objective and refuses to understand a game. He plays PC games on a laptop FFS.

I do wonder if this sort of thing does more harm than good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2013, 13:38 Jivaro

While I love his humor, I am not a huge fan of Yahtzee's reviews when they are about games that are obviously focused on multiplayer. He isn't a fan of multiplayer games, he has said so repeatedly, and it makes it very hard to discern what is a legitimate gripe and what is just his own personal bias...particularly since the entire presentation is smothered in his humor.

Reading the comments on this particular reviews there are two types of remarks from people who have played the game. One is from the folks that are also disinterested in multiplayer and they tend to agree with Yahtzee. The other are the people that bought it specifically for the multiplayer, and they seem to really like the game. This isn't the first time I have noticed this pattern in his comments section. It happens every time he reviews a game that was obviously developed focusing on the multiplayer aspect of the game.

I hope he keeps doing reviews for a long time, and I dig his style, but I think he should keep it to games that focus on the single player element primarily. Marking a game down for succeeding at it's advertised "bread and butter" is not exactly fair.

Note: I am not saying this game is "actually" good or bad, I haven't played it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo