Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The other day I mentioned I was facing the temptation to head out into the wilds of the backyard and fire up the man-stove to satisfy my prehistoric need for scorched meat. In an effort to show me the error of my ways, a wave of arctic air has invaded our area, along with much of the country, and it is shockingly cold out there, at least for those of us not used to the kind of climate one finds in Siberia or Minnesota. This has definitely cooled my enthusiasm, so to speak... I wonder what sort of outcome I could get with one of those electric George Foreman dealies. Yeah, probably not.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Frantic 3.
Links: The Most WTF Sports Stories Of All Time. Thanks nin.
Stories: Missouri man, 93, charged with killing wife, 95.
FBI agent denies using public funds on prostitutes for suspects.
Science: Practically human: Can smart machines do your job?
Media: Manti Te'o Now Dating 'Scarlett Johansson's Head On Jenny McCarthy's Body'.
His boxing announcing career began and ended with one sentence.
Yet Another GIFS with Sound.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 10:39 InBlack

How bout making an open fire grill? You would need dry wood and a nice secluded place on the ground. But the upshot is that it gets really really warm while youre cooking

Better yet, invest in a proper brick layed or stone built stove. To those who dont know what Im talking about its like a fireplace with its own chimney, but outside the house, and about a meter off the ground. This is to me one of the crowning achievements of mankind and every large yard should have one by default.

I would post a picture if I knew how to work the URL code, and for some reason I dont. I knew how to do it yesterday....

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 10:31 sauron

I wonder what sort of outcome I could get with one of those electric George Foreman dealies

Ah, electric George Foreman.

I always assumed he was nuclear powered?

Kittens!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 10:03 sauron

I wonder what sort of outcome I could get with one of those electric...

Electric slide? Electric playground?

Don't leave us hanging!

Kittens!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 09:50 nin

Greeeeeeeat...

Mosquitos here are brutal...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 09:48 InBlack

nin wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 09:43:
I have the naive hope that this cold will help with the bug population this summer. Doubtful, but I hope...

I have found that usually the reverse is true, for some reason. After a hard winter the bugs come out in force in the summmer. Maybe their predators got cold feet?

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 09:43 nin

I have the naive hope that this cold will help with the bug population this summer. Doubtful, but I hope...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 09:40 Cutter

Yep, been cold as a witch's tit around here of late!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo